These days everyone is looking to try their hands at being an entrepreneur, but being an entrepreneur is not a day’s work. The struggles of carving a niche for oneself in the business world can be intimidating and most people just give up when things do not go as planned.
The 20 quotes below were gotten from statements made by people who ventured into the business world and came out successful. They know what they are talking about so you should take an advice or twenty.
1. The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world. – Marc Benioff, founder of Salesforce
2. Passion is so important because for the first few months there may be no financial reward. Without passion it will most likely fizzle out.– Uche Pedro, BellaNaija CEO
3. The biggest mistake a small business can make is to think like a small business. — Unknown.
4. I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying. – Jeff Bezos, Amazon Founder and CEO
5. The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing. – Walt Disney, Co-Founder, Disney
6. Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems as possible before retiring home. — Aliko Dangote, Dangote Group CEO
7. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. – Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay Cosmetics Founder
8. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into smaller manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. – Mark Twain, American Author
9. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates, Microsoft Founder
10. If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful. – Pierre Omidyar, eBay Founder
11. When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue. – Josh James, Omniture CEO
12. One can get anything if he is willing to help enough others get what they want. – Zig Ziglar, Author
13. Younger people are always in a hurry to do things. They want to become billionaires in two years, but in another two years, they collapse.. only time will allow you get where you want. — Mike Mlombwa, Countrywide Car Hire CEO.
14. Starting a small business takes a lot more than a great idea. It takes passion, commitment and a willingness to take on any challenge in pursuit of your dream. — Gail Goodman, CEO Constant Contact
15. I put a show up for 1,200 people and only 30 showed up but that didn’t stop me. — Tyler Perry, American Producer, Actor, Writer.
16. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. — Oprah Winfrey, Talk Show Host and Philantropist
17. Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you. – Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO
18. I think not focusing on money makes you sane, because in the long run it can probably drive you crazy. – Kevin Systrom, co-founder of Instagram
19. A simple product everyone needs is better than a complex product no one wants.
20. The way that startups have to compete against big companies is by focusing on what are the things that the big companies can’t do. It is never enough that you are just building a better product, or that you put together some different type of optimization on the service. You really fundamentally have to attack dimensions that are almost impossible for an incumbent to be competing on — Aaron Levie, CEO of Box