Anwa Sadat is an Egyptian political figure and past president who was assassinated after 11 years in office.
He was the 3rd Egyptian president in history. Anwar Sadat was born on 25 December 1918 and died on 6 October 1981.
During the Egyptian revolution of 1952, Anwa Sadat and other members of the Free Officers overthrew King Farouk’s government.
He was close to President Gamal Abdel Nasser; serving as a 2-time Vice President under him. In 1970, Anwa Sadat stepped up to become the President of Egypt.
See Also: By These Quotes You Know Thomas Sankara
Anwa Sadat is believed to have been killed over his stand on the Palestinian peace treaty. He is a well known personality and hero in Egypt and the Arab world as a whole.
He is known to have changed the face of Egypt’s economy and politics during his administration.
These are some of the hero’s quotes:
1. Most people seek after what they do not possess and are enslaved by the very things they want to acquire
2. Fear is, I believe, a most effective tool in destroying the soul of an individual – and the soul of a people.
3. I was brought up to believe that how I saw myself was more important than how others saw me.
4. He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality.
5. I believe that for peace a man may, even should, do everything in his power. Nothing in this world could rank higher than peace.
6. Russians can give you arms but only the United States can give you a solution.
7. Great suffering has a silver-lining that we can be grateful for, because it builds up a human being and puts him or her within reach of self-knowledge.
8. Two places in this world make it impossible for a man to escape from himself: a battlefield and a prison cell.
9. This [fundamentalism] is not religion. It is obscenity. These are lies, the criminal use of religious power to misguide people.
10. Land is immortal, for it harbors the mysteries of creation.
11. Peace is more precious than a piece of land.
12. Only when he has ceased to need things can a man truly be his own master and so really exist.
13. If you don’t have the power to change yourself, then nothing will change around you.