Lets go and search for those bible verses that talk about friendships. What does the Bible say about Friendship? How does it expect us to treat them and how does it expect us to choose our friends? These questions are all good and the good news is that the Bible has some good Scriptures that needs to be studied to answer them. We’ve decided to make it simpler for you by listing them here. Your friends form a major part of your life and they influence you in one way or the other. Here are some bible verses about friendship.
1. 2 Samuel 10:2 – Then said David, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me. And David sent to comfort him by the hand of his servants for his father. And David’s servants came into the land of the children of Ammon.
2. 2 Samuel 1:17-27 – And David lamented with this lamentation over Saul and over Jonathan his son
3. 1 Samuel 23:16-18 – And Jonathan Saul’s son arose, and went to David into the wood, and strengthened his hand in God.
4. 1 Samuel 18:20 – And Michal Saul’s daughter loved David: and they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.
5. 1 Samuel 18:1 – And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
6. 2 Samuel 9:1-13 – And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?
7. 2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
8. James 4:4 – Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
9. Philippians 2:20 – For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.
10. John 15:13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
11. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
12. Proverbs 27:17 – Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
13. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
14. 2 Kings 9:16 – So Jehu rode in a chariot, and went to Jezreel; for Joram lay there. And Ahaziah king of Judah was come down to see Joram.
15. Deuteronomy 10:17 – For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
16. 1 John 2:1 – My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
17. Colossians 3:1 – If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
18. John 19:26 – When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
19. Amos 2:4 – Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away [the punishment] thereof; because they have despised the law of the LORD, and have not kept his commandments, and their lies caused them to err, after the which their fathers have walked:
20. Daniel 2:49 – Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel [sat] in the gate of the king.
21. Proverbs 11:13 – A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
22. Acts 2:42 – And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
23. John 7:37 – In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
24. Mark 16:16 – He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
25. Matthew 18:20 – For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
26. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
27. Proverbs 27:14 – He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.
28. 2 Samuel 17:1-22 – Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night
29. 2 Samuel 15:32-37 – And it came to pass, that [when] David was come to the top [of the mount], where he worshipped God, behold, Hushai the Archite came to meet him with his coat rent, and earth upon his head
30. Job 2:11-13 – Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him.
31. 1 John 2:6 – He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
32. Psalms 88:18 – Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, [and] mine acquaintance into darkness.
33. 1 John 3:7 – Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
34. Philippians 2:19 – But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
35. Romans 16:4 – Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
36. Acts 23:16 – And when Paul’s sister’s son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.
Bible Verses About Love and Friendship
37. Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous. (I Peter 3:8)
38. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” (I Peter 4:8)
39. Greet one another with a kiss of love. (I Peter 5:14)
40. Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend. (Proverbs 27:10)
41. Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. (Ecclesiastes 4:9)
42. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)
43. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. (I John 2:10)
44. For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. (I John 3:10-12)
45. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. (I John 3:14)
46. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this will all know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:34)
47. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another. (Romans 12:10)
48. Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. (Romans 13:8)
49. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. (I John 4:12)
50. A friend loves at all times. (Proverbs 17:17)
51. A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)
52. And may the Lord make you increase and about in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you. (I Thessalonians 3:12)
53. Let brotherly love continue. (Hebrews 13:1)
54. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not lovedoes not know God, for God is love. (I John 4:7,8)
55. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (I John 4:11)
Bible Verses About Friendship and Forgiveness
56. Mark 11:25 – And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
57. Luke 6:37 – Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
58. 1 Peter 3:9 – Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
59. Proverbs 15:18 – A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but [he that is] slow to anger appeaseth strife.
60. Proverbs 15:1 – A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
61. Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
62. Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
63. Ephesians 4:31 – Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice
64. Matthew 5:44 – But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
65. Exodus 34:7 – Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].
66. Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
67. Proverbs 13:24 – He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
68. Luke 6:27 – But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
69. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 – And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: (Read More…)
70. Colossians 3:21 – Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.
Bible Verses About Friendship For Kids
71. Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend.
72. James 4:4 Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
73. John 15:13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends..
74. Psalm 119:63 I am a friend to anyone who fears you – anyone who obeys your commandments
75. 1 John 1:7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
76. Proverb 22:24-25ESV Don’t befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
77. Proverbs 19:24 There are friends who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
78. Proverbs 17:17 friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
79. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times.
80. John 15:14-15 You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.
81. Provebs 28:9 The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incese.
82. Provebs 22:11 Whoever loves a pure heart and gracious speech will have the king as a friend.
83. Proverbs 28:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
84. Proverbs 27 :6 Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.
85. Galations 6:2 Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
Verses In The Bible About Friendship
86. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
87. Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
88.Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
89. Proverbs 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
90. Proverbs 22:24-25 Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared.
91. Proverbs 27:5-6 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
92. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
93. John 15:12-15 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
94. Proverbs 12:26 A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
95. Proverbs 17:17 A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. (NLT
96. Proverbs 18:24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
97. Proverbs 18:24 A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
98. John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
99. John 15:15 “No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
100. Proverbs 12:26 The righteous is a guide to his neighbour, But the way of the wicked leads them astray.