Airtel is a household name in telecommunications in Africa. The telecom giant provides various services including GPRS/ 3.75G, Data/ mobile internet browsing capabilities on their network. If you have a mobile device on an Airtel network, you may want to configure it for internet and data capabilities. Usually, once you insert your Airtel sim card into your mobile device, the settings are sent to you immediately and you would be required to save it in your phone and this sorts you out. However, some mobile phones may not be able to receive these settings and would have to be manually configured to be able to access internet data.
How to Configure Airtel GPRS Settings for Internet and Mobile Browsing
Airtel Nigeria GPRS Configuration Settings for Browsing (Airtel GPRS):
You would need to activate your AIRTEL sim before you are abe to browse and this in done in 2 ways:
1. Online at http://dmc.ng.airtel.com while the second method is done by calling their customer care service through 111.
2. Text internet (space) Phone model (space) Phone model number as SMS to232. For example, if you want to receive an automatic configuration settings for a Nokia 6300, You will text Internet Nokia 6300 as SMS to 232.
Airtel GPRS Manual Settings
APN (Access Point Name) : internet.ng.airtel.com Username : internet Password : internet
Settings for mobile internet browsing: =========== APN (Access Point Name) : wap.ng.airtel.com
Username : wap Password : wap Homepage: http://wap.ng.airtel.com or any site you want
Airtel Ghana GPRS Configuration Settings for Browsing:
1. Go to Menu Tools Settings Connection Access points options
New Access points Use default setting. Enter details for the following parameters.
- Connection name: Airtelwap
- Data Bearer: Pocket data
- Access point name: wap
- User name:<none>
- Authentication: Normal
- Homepage: http://myairtel.gh.airtel.com
Press Options then select Advantage settings. Enter details for the following parameters:
- Network type: Ipv4
- Proxy serv. Address :10.93.85.88
- Proxy Port number: 9201
2. Go back to the main menu, select Web, and press Options then Settings. Choose Airtelwap as the default access point.
Go to Menu Tools Settings Connection Access points Options New Access point
- Use default settings. Enter details for the following parameters.
- Connection name: Airtel Internet
- Data Bearer: Packet data
- Access point name: internet
- Password: <none>
Authentication : Normal
Go back to the main menu, select web, press options then settings
Choose Airtel Internet as the default access point
Airtel Kenya GPRS Configuration Settings for Browsing:
Username: Leave Blank
Password: Leave Blank
IP Address: 172.030.008.050
Bearer: GPRS first
Port: 8080 H