Barcelona has suggested an interest in Chelsea’s Versatile player, Victor Moses.
Report says that the club director Marina Granovskaia, will go over Moses’ contract negotiations in a few weeks time.
Currently the Nigerian born champ is under a contract till 2019. Moses played on loan for West Ham; a contract that was due for the 2015-16 season. He started 16 games for the West Ham in the last season.
He scored the winning goal in Saturday’s 2-1 victory over title rivals Tottenham, having previously found the net in wins against Burnley and champions Leicester City.
According to Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo, a former Nigerian international, the star has been quite impressive in the field.
Emenalo is believed to be pushing for an extended and improved contract for Moses in order to douse Barcelona’s interest in the star.
According to Sky Sports:
“Moses has traditionally been seen as a winger but, after three successive seasons away from the club on loan, has now established himself as a regular in Chelsea’s starting line-up at wing-back.
“His role now involves taking a greater defensive responsibility and Barcelona are understood to view him as one of the best right-back options in Europe at present.”
Report says that Barca’s interest in Moses is because they probably need “a right-back to either replace or provide competition for Sergi Roberto”.
Throughout the season, Barcelona has carefully analysed Chelsea games. The report says that the Nigerian international star caught the eye of the scout sent to observe the club matches.
Antonio Conte did not however give any hint of any transfer when approached by the media.
“About Victor, I repeat, it’s more important to be focused on the present. It’s important to be focused game by game”.
Victor Moses is a professional footballer who plays as a wing back for Premier League club Chelsea and the Nigeria national team.