All HAIL ROBERT MUGABE! The oldest and most famous African leader. He practically needs no introduction. One thing that is certain about this African leader who has virtually lived and witnessed one century is that he is no sycophant or a people’s pleaser. I’m sure he’ll definitely be top in the black book of the western world. Let’s just say the feeling is mutual.
Call him dictator, call him a tyrant, call him the “Hitler of our time”… he is super-cool and totally fine with it. Amidst all of his controversial leadership style, Robert Mugabe’s pan-African views and beliefs is not in question. Were he not who he is, Zimbabwe’s independence story might not be as we know it.
These are some of the raw, hilarious and unforgettable Robert Mugabe quotes:
1. We of Africa protest that, in this day and age, we should continue to be treated as lesser human beings than other races.
2. Africa must revert to what it was before the imperialists divided it. These are artificial divisions which we, in our pan-African concept will seek to remove.
3. We don’t mind having sanctions banning us from Europe. We are not Europeans.
4. We are still exchanging blows with the British government. They are using gay gangsters. Each time I pass through London, the gangster regime of Blair ‘expresses its dismay’.
5. We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no…I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one.
6. Don’t fight even over girlfriends. The country is full of beautiful women. If you can’t get one, come to Mugabe for assistance.
7. We have said we will never collapse, never ever. We may have our droughts, our poverty, but as a people we shall never collapse, never ever
8. Only God who appointed me will remove me.
9. I will never, never, never, never surrender. Zimbabwe is mine. I am a Zimbabwean. Zimbabwe for Zimbabweans. Zimbabwe never for the British. Britain for the British.
10. The only white man you can trust is a dead white man.
11. Countries such as the U.S. and Britain have taken it upon themselves to decide for us in the developing world, even to interfere in our domestic affairs and to bring about what they call regime change.
12. The white man is not indigenous to Africa…The white man is here as a second citizen.
13. If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.
14. Racism will never end as long as white cars are still using black tires; If people still use black color for bad luck and white for peace; If people still wear white clothes to weddings and black clothes to funerals; As long as those who don’t pay their bills are blacklisted and not ‘whitelisted’… But I don’t care as long as I still use the white tissue paper to wipe my ass! with that only I will always be very fine.
15. The land is ours. It’s not European and we have taken it, we have given it to the rightful people… Those of white extraction who happen to be in the country and are farming are welcome to do so, but they must do so on the basis of equality.