This is a long list of quotes for independent women, aimed at providing views to help boost the self-image and courage of women, to help them summon the courage to step out and achieve greater things. This list is capable of dealing with the insecurities of women and open their eyes to the strength that lies within, it will further motivate them to do more than they had been previously thought capable of. These quotes for independent women are potent to get you up on your feet and live a more fulfilling life
Inspirational Quotes For Independent Women
1. If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days. ~ Robin Williams
2. There are only two types of women — goddesses and doormats. ~ Pablo Picasso
3. I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will. ~ Charlotte Brontë
4. It is past time for women to take their rightful place, side by side with men, in the rooms where the fates of people, where their children’s and grandchildren’s fates, are decided. ~ Hillary Clinton
5. The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ~ Roseanne Barr
6. You won’t regret the men you never killed, but you will regret the women you passed up.
7. I’m not denying that women are foolish: God Almighty made ’em to match the men.
8. The plainest man who pays attention to women will sometimes succeed as well as the most handsome man who does not.
9. Men are allowed to have passion and commitment for their work … a woman is allowed that feeling for a man, but not her work.
10. Women are made to be loved, not understood. ~ Oscar Wilde
11. I don’t hate women — they just sometimes make me mad. ~ Eminem
12. If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. ~ Aristotle Onassis
13. Women, in particular, need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own “to do” list. ~ Michelle Obama
14. All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. ~ Voltaire
15. I do not wish women to have power over men but over themselves. ~ Mary Wollstonecraft
16. Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do. ~ Dorothy Day
17. Men are by nature merely indifferent to one another, but women are by nature enemies. ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
18. In love, women are professionals, men are amateurs. ~ Francois Truffaut
19. Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.
20. Beauty in a woman is that potent alchemy which transforms men into asses.
21. “Woman” is my slave name; feminism will give me the freedom to seek some other identity altogether.
22. There is in every true woman’s heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
23. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing — and then marry him. ~ Cher
24. The only way a woman can ever reform a man is by boring him so completely that he loses all possible interest in life. ~ Oscar Wilde
25. I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn’t be a staring contest. ~ Frank Sinatra
26. Women must tell men always that they are the strong ones. They are the big, the strong, the wonderful. In truth, women are the strong ones. It is just my opinion, I am not a professor. ~ Coco Chanel
27. A woman’s whole life is a history of the affections.
28. All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.
29. The strength of women comes from the fact that psychology cannot explain us. Men can be analysed, women … merely adored.
30. There are only three things to be done with a woman. You can love her, suffer for her, or turn her into literature. ~ Henry Miller
31. Be not ashamed women, … You are the gates of the body, and you are the gates of the soul. ~ Walt Whitman
32. Why is it men are permitted to be obsessed with their work, but women are only permitted to be obsessed about men? ~ Barbra Streisand
33. Women are frightening. If you get to 41 as a man, you’re quite battle-scarred. ~ Hugh Grant
34. The appalling thing is the degree of charity women are capable of. You see it all the time… love lavished on absolute fools. Love’s a charity ward, you know. ~ Lawrence Durrell
35. Whatever a woman’s reason may say, her feelings tell her the truth.
36. In revenge and in love woman is more barbaric than man is.
37. The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is “What does a woman want?”
38. I have seen too much not to know that the impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
39. As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot. ~ John Lennon
40. Why are women… so much more interesting to men than men are to women? ~ Virginia Woolf
41. An elegant woman is a woman who despises you and has no hair under her arms. ~ Salvador Dalí
42. From birth to eighteen, a girl needs good parents, from eighteen to thirty-five she needs good looks, from thirty-five to fifty-five she needs a good personality, and from fifty-five on she needs cash.
43. Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. ~ Joseph Conrad
44. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others. ~ Amelia Earhart
45. Women kill me. They really do. I don’t mean I’m oversexed or anything like that — although I am quite sexy. I just like them, I mean. They’re always leaving their goddam bags out in the middle of the aisle. ~ J.D. Salinger
46. And yet women — good women — frightened me because they eventually wanted your soul, and what was left of mine, I wanted to keep. ~ Charles Bukowski
Independent Women Quotes
47. I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything.
48. I like being a strong, independent woman, and to be honest, I was never afraid to be on my own.
49. I wanted to be an independent woman, a woman who could pay for her bills, a woman who could run her own life – and I became that woman.
50. Growing up with three older brothers and being the youngest and the only girl, my mom always made me tough. She’s taught me over the years how to be a strong, independent woman, how to carry yourself in a positive way and anything that my brothers can do, I can do.
Read Also: 73 Thank You Messages Your Boss Would Certainly Love
51. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”- Charlotte Brontë
56. “I like being a strong, independent woman, and to be honest, I was never afraid to be on my own.”- Dido Armstrong
57. Behind every successful woman there’s a man…
58. “I don’t think of myself as a poor, deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.”- Oprah Winfrey
59. “With the spread of conformity and image-driven superficiality, the allure of an individuated woman in full possession of herself and her powers will prove irresistible. We were born for plenitude and inner fulfillment.”- Elizabeth Prioleau
60. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.”- Jane Austen
61. “I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I’ve just done what I damn well wanted to, and I’ve made enough money to support myself, and ain’t afraid of being alone.”- Katharine Hepburn
62. I have more of a desire to write songs about being an independent woman than being in love, songs about getting up and moving on even if I have a broken heart. ‘Wanna Say’ is one of the few love songs I’ve ever done.
63. I have more of a desire to write songs about being an independent woman than being in love, songs about getting up and moving on even if I have a broken heart.
64. It’s important to be driven and have goals. You want an independent woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go after it. It’s attractive to me when a woman is doing what she loves. It makes me want to know more.
65. Be sure of yourself, don’t let anyone bully you, be a strong and independent woman or boy.
66. I have a lot of sides to my personality and what you see on ‘The Hills’ is a strong, independent woman, which I am. But I also have a sensitive side that I don’t show too much.
67. Sometimes in the black culture, being raised as an independent woman is misconstrued as someone who doesn’t need a man. I think that’s wrong. I think we all need someone.
68. I grew up with just my mom. She and I were like best friends. She’s a very independent woman and I admire that about her. In my life, I’ve tried to be like that. To be okay with being on my own and being independent.
69. Until they come up with an independent woman who’s on an adventure of her own, I don’t think I’m interested.
70. I think maybe my mom thought that Katharine Hepburn would be a good role model of, like, a strong, smart, independent woman. Maybe she steered me in that direction. You know, because she was really so ahead of her time.
71. If I’m going out on the town in New York, I always wear Danielle Collins T-shirts – they are expressive, young: independent woman in charge of herself, her body, and her mind.
72. “I will not be “famous,” “great.” I will go on adventuring, changing, opening my mind and my eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped.
73. The thing is to free one’s self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded.”- Virginia Woolf
74. “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.”- Adele
75. “I think men are afraid to be with a successful woman, because we are terribly strong, we know what we want and we are not fragile enough.”- Shirley Bassey
76. “I have an independent streak. You know, its kind of hard to tell an independent woman what to do.”- Betty Ford
77. I consider myself to be a very strong, independent woman.
78. A Bond girl must be a strong and independent woman, but at the same time charming and sensual. Those opposite qualities combined together make her interesting. She must be strong but at the same time feminine.
79. I have an independent streak. You know, it’s kind of hard to tell an independent woman what to do.
80. I’m a very independent woman.
81. I want to be an independent woman who falls in love, finds a great partner for her lifetime, has kids and kind of does it all. I’d like to have it all.
82. It is capitalist America that produced the modern independent woman. Never in history have women had more freedom of choice in regard to dress, behavior, career, and sexual orientation.
83. “The strength of women comes from the fact that psychology cannot explain us. Men can be analyzed, women merely adored.”- Oscar Wilde
84. “We ought to have more women in various management positions, because women are the ones who decide almost everything in the home”- Ingvar Kamprad
85. A real woman makes her own decisions in life. Shes responsible, and doesn’t follow but she leads. Shes always about accomplishing goals, and she never settles for anything less because she’s a woman, and nothing more.
– Bryan Burden
86. “Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.”- Henri Frederic Amiel
87. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
88. “Women represent the triumph of matter over mind, just as men represent the triumph of mind over morals”- Oscar Wilde
89. “There is no occasion for women to consider themselves subordinate or inferior to man”- Mahatma Gandhi
90. “If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man’s superior”- Mahatma Gandhi
91. There was a time when men thought it was sexy to have a housewife waiting for him to come home from work in her slippers, but in modern society, I think an independent woman is even more sexy.
Quotes About Strong Women
92. Sometimes people are like, ‘Do you want to play strong women?’ I don’t have to play strong women in order to feel like a strong woman myself, but I do feel it’s important to play characters that are complex and interesting and believable.
93. I like to think that I represent myself as a strong woman, so to work with other strong women I find very inspiring.
94. Being a strong woman is very important to me. But doing it all on my own is not.
95. On the day my daughter was born, I started writing a book for her. The plan was that, over the course of her life, I’d fill it with advice on how to be a strong woman. But along the way, I got caught up in the stories of Amelia Earhart, Sally Ride, and so many others. So how do you pick the best heroes for your kids?
96. Being Latina for me is also being a strong woman.
97. A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
98. I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I’ve always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband.
99. A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.
100. I’m lucky my wife is a strong woman. She’s one of the stronger people I’ve ever met. It’s hard for me to be away, but I know my home life is fine because my wife is there.
See Also: 100 Compassionate Condolence Messages For Loss of Loved Ones
101. When you are a strong woman, you will attract trouble. When a man feels threatened, there is always trouble.
102. I feel like a good mom. I’m a strong woman now… Don’t look down on me. Pray for me because I’m trying.
103. When there is a strong woman character in a story – that always grabs me.
104. The essence of my work, and of me, is the softer side of a strong woman, and that goes into a number of different roles.
105. I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.
106. We all look up to strong, independent women. But how do we become one ourselves?
107. It’s easy to give in to feelings of self-doubt and back down from challenges. But that’s certainly not what being a strong woman is all about.
108. I think it takes a strong man to be in a relationship with a strong woman. A lot of people hear the word ‘diva’ and think of it as a negative. I see it as a positive. I want somebody who knows what they want out of life and isn’t afraid to show it.
109. My mother is such an incredibly strong woman. She raised a family of five boys extremely well. She made us all strong, loving, caring people. We all support each other. I’m really thankful to her.
110. Being the ideal of a strong woman means utilizing all the things that God gives you. People are always saying to me, ‘You’re a strong female, so why are you wearing a bikini on the cover of that magazine?’ Being a strong woman is misconstrued to be something evil and ugly.
111. I have to represent. I feel proud to have a culture that’s different… and proud to be a Latina. We’re not all categorized as one type of person… there are people from everywhere doing different things who have different types of cultures. Being Latina for me is also being a strong woman.
112. John and I were lucky because our mother was a strong woman with high expectations and a strong sense of values. She encouraged us to pursue things we were interested in and not think about what other people wanted us to do.
113. I’m one of those guys who believes that you need a strong woman in your life.
114. Let’s be clear, I’m a strong woman.
115. I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants.
116. You don’t read many scripts, especially for crime dramas, that feature a strong woman as the central character.
117. You know, there’s nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women. There are a lot of strong women you do not see who are guiding, helping, mothering strong men. They want to remain unseen. It’s kind of nice to be able to play a strong woman who is seen.
118. You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.
119. I like to go out there looking for a strong woman because I am strong. But I am also a woman who goes through all kinds of problems, highs and lows.
Women Empowerment Quotes
120. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
121. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” —Sheryl Sandberg
122. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” —Madeleine Albright
123. “Women are the real architects of society.”—Harriet Beecher Stowe
124. “A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
125. “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” —Diane von Furstenberg
126. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” ―Madonna
127. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” ―Gloria Steinem
128. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” —Maya Angelou
129. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” —Coco Chanel
130. “Feminism is for everybody” ―bell hooks
131. “I believe that the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century.” —Hillary Clinton
132. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”—Beyoncé
133. “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” ―Malala Yousafzai
134. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” —G.D. Anderson
135. “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything that men can do.’ But Men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.'” —Gloria Steinem
136. “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.'” —Erin McKean
137. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” —Margaret Thatcher
138. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” —Nancy Rathburn
139. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
140. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible, and when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” —Amerlia Earhart
141. “I’ve never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don’t let it out. Then there’s a tragedy, and then all of a sudden that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy.” ―Diane von Furstenberg
142. “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” ―Maya Angelou
143. “Why has the word [feminism] become such an uncomfortable one? It is not the word that is important; it’s the idea and the ambition behind it.” —Emma Watson
144. “The idea of being a feminist: so many women have come to this idea of it being anti-male and not able to connect with the opposite sex, but what feminism is about is equality and human rights. For me that is just an essential part of my identity.”—Lena Dunham
145. “When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.”―Bette Davis
146. “I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say, ‘Yes, women can.'” —Dilma Rousseff
147. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” —Nancy Pelosi
148. “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” ―Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
149. “I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.” —Angelina Jolie on her double mastectomy
Read Also: 200 Funny Happy Birthday Quotes For Mom, Sister, Friends, Dad, Daughter and Son
150. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre