Adam Sandler has been a regular face in Hollywood comedy film genre for over 30 years. His brand of self-depreciating wit has garnered him a lot of fans who rush to watch movies that feature him just to see what new lows he will get to.
The actor has seamlessly blended acting and comedy over the years to make a name for himself along with a lot of money doing mostly films in the comedy genre.
Early Life and Career
Adam Sandler is the son of Judith “Judy” Levine and Stanley Sandler born on September 9, 1966. He was raised in Manchester, New Hampshire after his parents moved their family there when he was only six years old.
Adam went to school in Manchester Central High School and later graduated in 1988 from the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. One of the earliest pieces of acting that Adam Sandler did was as Theo Huxtable’s friend, Smitty in the staple that was The Cosby Show in 1987.
His film debut came in 1989 as he appeared in Going Overboard while continuing to perform in comedy clubs. He had been doing the rounds in comedy clubs from the age of 17 when his brother egged him on to give it a try. Adam was eventually discovered by Dennis Miller who caught his act in Los Angeles and went on to recommend him to the Saturday Night Live producer at the time. This led to Adam Sandler’s employment as a writer for Saturday Night Live in 1990. But then, he soon became a featured player who mostly sang funny original music on the show. He told The Tonight Show that NBC fired him from Saturday Night Live in 1995.
He went on to do comedy film after comedy film before finally doing a more serious role in Punch-Drunk Love in 2002 which got him nominated for a Golden Globe. In June 2010, Adam Sandler was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences with Punch Drunk Love and Funny People listed as examples of his work.
Sandler started his own film production company called Happy Madison Productions in 1999. Under it, the actor/comedian has produced most of his subsequent projects and although the films have received negative reviews, most of them have performed well at box office. In 2014, Adam Sandler and Happy Madison signed a four-movie deal with Netflix.
What Is Adam Sandler’s Net Worth?
The Hollywood star is a very rich man. His endeavours in the movie industry have paid off as he is said to be worth an estimated $340 million. In 2015 alone, he was able to rake in $41 million cementing himself as one of the biggest comedic film superstars. His deal with Netflix also netted him quite a lot of money.
Who Are His Wife and Kids?
On June 22, 2003, Adam Sandler got married to Jacqueline Titone (Jackie Sandler) who has since converted to his religion of Judaism. She is a regular face in most of her husband’s Happy Madison productions. Together, they have two daughters; Sadie who was born in 2006 and Sunny who was born in 2008.
His Height and Other Facts
1. Adam Sandler stands at 5 ft 9½ in (177 cm) and weighs 86 kg (190 pounds). He has a dumpy look that fits into the characters he portrays in movies.
2. He is a funny guy in all his movies and so, does not necessarily need the dashing good looks and spectacular body of a “serious” leading character.
3. Adam Sandler identifies Judaism as his religion.
4. He has not made known his political views save for a few donations like that made to Rudy Giuliani’s presidential campaign. Rudy is a Republican and former New York City mayor.
5. His debut studio album named They’re All Gonna Laugh at You! was released in 1993 through Warner Bros and has been certified 2x Platinum.
6. Adam’s parents, Judith “Judy” Levine and Stanley Sandler were both Russian immigrants.
7. He seems to like dogs a lot and has three named Motzaball, Meatball, and Babu.
8. Adams and his wife were both born on the month of September. Nonetheless, he’s 8 years older than her as she was precisely birthed on the 24th day of September and in the year 1974.