Anna Romano came to public notice owing to her marital relationship with the multiple award-winning comedian, actor, and writer, Ray Romano who is most popular for his lead role on Everybody Loves Raymond, a 1996-2005 CBS hit situation comedy series. She has been a very strong backbone to her husband in his over three-decade entertainment career. However, aside from being a wife to Ray, Anna is an actress, cinematographer and breast cancer activist. Read on to learn everything you need to know about her.
Anna Romano Bio (Age)
She was born as Anna M. Scarpulla on February 24, 1963, in New York City of New York, United States where she was also raised. On completing her studies, Anna Scarpulla worked as a bank teller at the Williamsburg Savings Bank in Brooklyn, close to Queens in New York City. However, it appears she gradually switched to show business after meeting and marrying Ray Romano. She works as both an actress and cinematographer.
So far, Anna Romano has starred in a number of short films including Adelie Champailler’s 2010 french drama, Quand S’approfondit L’hiver, 2012 crime drama, and Because She’s Worth It. Anna has also made appearances on a number of television shows/series including Everybody Loves Raymond, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Patricia Heaton Parties. She also worked as a cinematographer on a 2015 episode of the television drama series, Class.
Anna Romano’s Family
Anna Romano has a family of six, comprising herself, her husband and four kids.
She met her future husband, Ray Romano in 1982 when they both worked at the Williamsburgh Savings Bank. They became friends along the line, started dating, and subsequently married on 11th October 1987.
Anna and Ray welcomed their first child, a daughter named Alexandra a.k.a Ally in 1990. Twin boys Mattew and Gregory followed in 1993. About five years later, she gave birth to their last child, a son named Joseph, precisely on 16th February 1998.
Both Anna and her kids have featured on Ray’s shows. Ray, on the other hand, has his humor mostly built around his family, always drawing the materials for his jokes from outcomes of their daily home life.
The couple’s first three kids are actively involved in acting. Daughter Alexandra played the recurring role of Molly on her dad’s show, Everybody Loves Raymond. Twin sons Matthew and Gregory have also made appearances on the show. Anna herself once played the role of a background mum in an episode of the hit series.
Moreover, Gregory, Matthew, and Alexandra have provided voices alongside their father on sequels of the Ice Age series. While Greg and Matt did theirs on Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Alexandra provided hers on Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012). Matthew has also appeared with Ray Romano on the Jimmy Kimmel show.
Also Read: All About Michael J Fox’s Wife, Tracy Pollan – Her Bio, Age, Height, Net Worth
Anna Romano lives with her family in the Woodland Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
Facts About Ray Romano’s Wife
1. Anna Romano was the third lady working at Williamburgh Bank that Ray Romano asked out. She was, however, the first to say yes as the first two had turned him down.
2. As at the time Anna met and married Ray, he had not yet earned his breakthrough in the entertainment industry. The couple has now been married for over three decades now, having celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2017.
3. One of the secrets of Anna’s long marriage with Ray is the fact that she is not overly involved in the glitz and glamor lifestyle of the industry. The latter has revealed in an interview that she never lets his celeb status to come in the way in their relationship.
4. In 2010, Anna Romano battled and fully conquered breast cancer. Fortunately, hers was diagnosed when it was still in its first stage.
5. As a cancer survivor, Anna has thenceforth been devoted to the cause of creating awareness as well as providing support for both patients and survivors of the lethal ailment.
6. Ray also lends Anna his maximum support in her philanthropic ventures, including a collaboration with Los Angeles-based Saban Free Clinic and the New York-based American-Italian Cancer Foundation to provide financial assistance to indigent cancer patients.
7. Just like her husband, Anna is a full-fledged New Yorker, born and raised to adulthood in the city. Another striking similarity between the couple is their reserved nature, especially when it comes to flaunting their private life on the media.
8. The light brown haired Anna Romano stands several inches shorter than her husband who has a tall height of 1.87 meters.