Anne Marie Frank is her full name. Though Anne Frank is getting popular by day, just like me, many still have no idea who she was and what her story really entails. I have personally taken the liberty to do the extra research just to know all about this famous girl.
She was born on 12th June 1929 in Frankfurt City in Germany. She eventually died in early March 1945 at 16 years of age. She had one sibling, her older sister who was three years older than her. Her parents’ names were Edith and Otto. Ann Frank was a Jewish and was one of the victims of Hitler’s ruling where he ordered the killing of the Jewish. Her story is one of the saddest life experiences ever told up to date, but it is full of hope and intriguing facts. Here are the Top 10 Intriguing Anne Frank facts you should know of.
1. The Diary of Anne Frank: This is the diary that has greatly aided in making Ann Frank so popular in the entire world. The diary has offered an intimate account of how her life was and in general the Jewish lives as they tried to hide from Hitler during the Holocaust during the World War II. She narrated her daily experiences in the diary for almost two years. To get a clear story of her life you should read her diary.
2. Anne Frank’s diary was a present from her parents: In 1942 Ann Frank received a gift from her parents as her birthday present. She named the diary Kitty. This was her 13th birthday. Anne Frank enjoyed to read stories, when she heard on the radio that they where searching for eyewitness for the Holocaust, she decided to write about it in her own experience.
3. Anne Frank’s work is published in more than 60 languages. The diary is notoriously popular a cross the globe. Serving as teaching of hope and perseverance the diary is viewed as teachings to the world of what hope really means. The American people did read the diary while they were at school. And in 1959 the diary was filmed to give a visual description and look of how things really felt for the affected.
4. Anne Frank was a very playful girl: Though Anne’s life revolves around her famous diary and her cruel life experiences, little is said about her character. She really loved to ride her bike and play with the toys. There was nothing special about the girl then only until she had to write.
5. She has gained fame when she is dead, may the Lord rest her soul in eternal peace. While she was alive nobody took interest in her. She also felt neglected in some way as she explains in the diary that she thought her mom is interested with her sister more. The publishing of her diary has driven the whole world to have an emotional attachment with her story.
6. Anne Frank Death, based on the Ann Frank’s diary it is stated that the girl passed away around March in 1945 at age of 15. An epidemic of typhus had spread on the camp where they were held prisoners for quite some time. Anne together with 17,000 prisoners died from the poisonous gas.
7. Knowledge of Anne’s death came from the diary. Her dad Otto came to know of the daughter’s death through the diary that was found and given to him to which after he read he got to realize the other side of her daughter he never thought existed.
8. A museum was opened on Anne’s name. Ann Frank museum in Amsterdam is the house she used to stay with her family. It is the 2nd most visited museum in the City. The average age of people visiting is below 30 years.
9. She quoted Shakespeare and other famous writers. She borrowed many quotes of happiness, justice, love that she liked.
10. She is definitely one of the most courageous people in the World War II. Anne never participated in the war at least not physically but she did more than could be asked of a 15-year-old, in her diary she manages to describe the events fearlessly yet she is a first hand experience of the danger. The above are top 10 intriguing Anne Frank facts, though there are quite other facts out there I think the best option to get to know more about Anne is to read her diary and other published stuff.