The family is a very important part of the society, we all come from different families irrespective of whether it’s big or small. The bond binding family members is that of blood, hence it is one of strongest bonds ever. Family can be a group of relatives who are closely related by birth, marriage or adoption; it can be people living together and functioning as a single household, or it can be a group whose members are together because they have something in common. It comes in different shapes, different sizes, but are all special in their own right. The saying goes ‘You can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family.’ People who belong to the same family have certain common features. After being away from your family for a long time, there is this joy that saturates you knowing that you are soon going to reunite with them. A family is such a wonderful place to be, surrounded by people who love you for who you are. Here is a list of best family quotes that might interest you. As usual, feel free to share or post your comments in the comments section.
Quotes About Family – Quotes on Family
1. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten – David Ogden Stiers
2. In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future – Alex Haley
3. The family is one of nature’s masterpieces – George Santayana
4. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there – Barbara Bush
5. When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you – Guy Lafleur
6. A home with a loving and loyal husband and wife is the supreme setting in which children can be reared in love and righteousness and in which the spiritual and physical needs of children can be met – David A. Bednar
7. All of us grow up in particular realities – a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we’re brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it – Chaim Potok
8. A man should never neglect his family for business – Walt Disney
9. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. Desmond Tutu
10. The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege – Charles Kuralt
11. If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
12. Family is not an important thing. It’s everything – Michael J. Fox
13. Family is the most important thing in the world – Princess Diana
14. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family – Lee Iacocca
15. When you have a godly husband, a godly wife, children who respect their parents and who are loved by their parents, who provide for those children their physical and spiritual and material needs, lovingly, you have the ideal unit – Jerry Falwell
16. One’s family is the most important thing in life. I look at it this way: One of these days I’ll be over in a hospital somewhere with four walls around me. And the only people who’ll be with me will be my family – Robert Byrd
17. I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack – Jodi Picoult
18. There’s nothing I value more than the closeness of friends and family, a smile as I pass someone on the street – Willie Stargell
19. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass’; ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys. – Harmon Killebrew
20. A happy family is but an earlier heaven – George Bernard Shaw
21. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship – Margaret Mead
22. I’ll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future – LaToya Jackson
23. My family is my strength and my weakness – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
24. I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life – Barbara Bush
25. He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy – Chanakya
26. Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold – Andre Maurois
27. The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I’m thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family’s future – Jackie Kennedy
28. It takes a lot of work to put together a marriage, to put together a family and a home – Elizabeth Edwards
29. If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance – George Bernard Shaw
30. My family was my guide to my reality – Haywood Nelson
31. A family can develop only with a loving woman as its center- Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
32. Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family- Bo Bennett
33. Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops – Cary Grant
34. My life comes down to three moments: the death of my father, meeting my husband, and the birth of my daughter. Everything I did previous to that just doesn’t seem to add up to very much – Gwyneth Paltrow
35. I was born into the most remarkable and eccentric family I could possibly have hoped for – Maureen O’Hara
36. A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living – Charles R. Swindoll
37. I’ve always put my family first and that’s just the way it is – Jamie Lee Curtis
38. I realised my family was funny, because nobody ever wanted to leave our house – Anthony Anderson
39. Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back – John Ruskin
40. Cherish your human connections – your relationships with friends and family – Barbara Bush
41. My family comes first. Maybe that’s what makes me different from other guys – Bobby Darin
42. I’m pretty much a good Catholic girl at heart and I believe in family. I also have a basic belief that God takes care of me. I believe in prayer, even though I’m not that religious. I just have that foundation from my family. I mean when you think that you’re just a human being and one of God’s creatures, you can’t take anything that seriously – Catherine O’Hara
43. Some of the most important conversations I’ve ever had occurred at my family’s dinner table – Bob Ehrlich
44. Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they’re eating sandwiches – Jim Carre
45. The family is the first essential cell of human society – Pope John XXIII
46. There is no such thing as fun for the whole family – Jerry Seinfeld
47. Both within the family and without, our sisters hold up our mirrors: our images of who we are and of who we can dare to be – Elizabeth Fishel
48. The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn’t intended – Robert Frost
49. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all – Brad Pitt
50. The family is the nucleus of civilization – Will Durant
51. You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family – Anita Baker
52. I’ve given it my all. I’ve done my best. Now, I’m ready with my family to begin the next phase of our lives – Richard M. Daley
53. Dad kept us out of school, but school comes and goes. Family is forever – Charlie Sheen
54. I stay in tune with my family and God – Regina King
55. We love to be with our family and friends and I can tell you that lots of eating will be involved – Julia Barr
56. God did not intend the human family to be wafted to heaven on flowery beds of ease – Frank Knox
57. If I had no family, my wife and I would lead a much more romantic and nomadic existence – David McCallum
58. I am the baby in the family, and I always will be. I am actually very happy to have that position. But I still get teased. I don’t mind that – Janet Jackson
59. Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof – Richard Bach
60. The foundation of family – that’s where it all begins for me – Faith Hill
61. One of the things that binds us as a family is a shared sense of humor – Ralph Fiennes
62. I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world – Amos Oz
63. If one is desperate for love, I suggest looking at one’s friends and family and see if love is all around. If not, get a new set of friends, a new family – Jasmine Guy
64. I come from that society and there is a common thread, specifically family values – the idea that you do anything for your family, and the unconditional love for one’s children – Ednita Nazario
65. The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself – Gilbert K. Chesterton
66. The family you come from isn’t as important as the family you’re going to have – Ring Lardner
67. Dignity is not negotiable. Dignity is the honor of the family – Vartan Gregorian
68. It is extraordinary that when you are acquainted with a whole family you can forget about them – Gertrude Stein
69. If we abandon marriage, we abandon the family – Michael Enzi
70. I love children and I get along with them great. It’s just that I believe if you’re going to be a parent, there has to be something inside you that says, ‘I want a family.’ I don’t feel that sense of urgency – George Clooney
71. A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure, to provide stability – Tom DeLay
72. I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other – Jet Li
73. I have a great family, I live an amazing life – John Oates
74. I have a family to support. And I’m not always going to be doing exactly what I want to do – Patrick Warburton
75. I have frequently been questioned, especially by women, of how I could reconcile family life with a scientific career. Well, it has not been easy – Marie Curie
76. Family, nature and health all go together – Olivia Newton-John
77. I love my family – Manute Bol
78. I grew up in a big family with a lot of kids around, and I definitely want to have children as well – Heidi Klum
79. Tennis just a game, family is forever – Serena Williams
80. When I remember my family, I always remember their backs. They were always indignantly leaving places – John Cheever
81. Little children are still the symbol of the eternal marriage between love and duty – George Eliot
82. You don’t have to give birth to someone to have a family – Sandra Bullock
83. I love cooking for myself and cooking for my family – Al Roker
84. Once I got married and had kids, I moved away from romantic roles, because it seemed wrong to have my 3-year-old wondering why Daddy was kissing someone else – Chevy Chase
85. For me, nothing has ever taken precedence over being a mother and having a family and a home – Jessica Lange
86. Happy is said to be the family which can eat onions together. They are, for the time being, separate, from the world, and have a harmony of aspiration – Charles Dudley Warner
87. My whole damn family was nice. I don’t think I’ve imagined it. It’s true. Maybe it has to do with being brought up as Christian Scientists. Half of my relatives were Readers or Practitioners in the church – Henry Fonda
88. Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family – Grace Kelly
89. People are pretty forgiving when it comes to other people’s families. The only family that ever horrifies you is your own.
90. Parents need all the help they can get. The strongest as well as the most fragile family requires a vital network of social supports – Bernice Weissbourd
91. I don’t think anyone has a normal family – Edward Furlong
92. First and foremost comes my family and my life with Brad. We have so much joy in raising our children and teaching them about the world that nothing really compares to that – Angelina Jolie
93. America cannot continue to lead the family of nations around the world if we suffer the collapse of the family here at home – Mitt Romney
94. A woman should be home with the children, building that home and making sure there’s a secure family atmosphere – Mel Gibson
95. Family life itself, that safest, most traditional, most approved of female choices, is not a sanctuary: It is, perpetually, a dangerous place – Margaret Drabble
96. I don’t know if I believe in marriage. I believe in family, love and children – Penelope Cruz
97. What must it be like for a little boy to read that daddy never loved mummy – Princess Diana
98. My kids give me the balance to live right – Celine Dion
99. I am tortured when I am away from my family, from my children. I am horribly guilt-ridden – Jessica Lange
100. I consider my mom and all my sisters my friends – Alexa Vega
Family Love Quotes – Quotes About Family Love
101. The most beautiful thing in this world is to see your parents smiling and knowing that you are the reason behind that smile.
102. I may not be able to give my kids everything they want but I give them what they need. Love, time, and attention. You can’t buy those things.
103. Loving your neighbours is to be a family and is far beyond DNA connection. Blood may be thicker than water, but love, kindness, trust and ability to empathize with each other in the face of every adversity is what we should call my family.
104. Whatever happens to me. Wherever I go, whoever I know. Where ever I live. I will never lose my family or true friends. They will be with me forever. They will never desert me.
105. Mothers nourish, so their young can flourish.
106. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path – Agatha Christie
107. Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. – Unkown
108. The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege. – Charles Kuralt
109.The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. – Henry Ward Beecher
110. An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship. – Spanish Proverb
111. Family love is messy, clinging and of an annoying and repetitive pattern, like bad wallpaper. – Eva Burrows
112. I smile because you’re my sister I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.
113. A mothers love will never end. It is there from beginning to end.
114. My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability. They are the definition of unconditional love.
115. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
116. I will hold you tight, support you, guide you, teach you, hug you, protect you and love you with all my soul. I am your parent, since the day you were born and until I draw my last breath, all that I am is YOURS.
117. Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess. – Lemony Snicket
118. [A mother] discovers with great delight that one does not love one’s children just because they are one’s children but because of the friendship formed while raising them. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
119. Mothers are the people who love us for no good reason. And those of us who are mothers know it’s the most exquisite love of all. – Maggie Gallagher
120. I will always need my Son, no matter what age I am. My son has made me laugh, made me proud, made me cry, seen me cry, hugged me tight, seen me fail, cheered me up, kept me on my toes, and at times driven me crazy, But my Son is a promise that I will have a friend FOREVER!
121. Your children are the most precious gift, prime example of perfection, and clearly an accurate definition of pure; unconditional love.
122. In the end all you’ll ever have in life is your family, so keep them close, while you still have them around.
123. Treat your parents with loving care. You will only know their value when you see their empty chair.
124. Family where life begins & love never ends. – Unknown
125. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. – Friedrich Nietzche
126. Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones you accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what. – Unknown
127. At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. – Mark V. Olsen
128. Where does the family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl–no superior alternative has yet been found. – Winston Churchill
129. Family is the most important thing in the world.
130. A friend loves you for your intelligence, a mistress for your charm, but your family’s love is unreasoning; you were born into it and are of its flesh and blood. Nevertheless it can irritate you more than any group of people in the world.
131. There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut.
132. If you are a mother then you know the feeling of true love. Once you look into the eyes of your children you feel the love that could never be shared with another.
133. That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so loveable. – Deb Caletti
134. A family can develop only with a loving woman as its centre – Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
135. No man has ever lived that had enough of children’s gratitude or woman’s love. – William Butler Yeats
136. Those whom we most love are often the most alien to us. – Christopher Paolini
137. Unconditional love is loving your kids for who they are, not for what they do… it isn’t something you will achieve every minute of every day. But it is the thought we must hold in our hearts every day. – Stephanie Marston
138. Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it. – Ann Brashares
139. Our family is a circle of strength of love with every birth and every union the circle grows. – Unknown
140. If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them. – Johnny Dep
141. The love of a family is life’s greatest blessings. – Unknown
142. I realised when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
143. True happiness can be found in the love of family, neighbours, and truly accepting God.
144. Any man can help create a child but it takes a real man to love, cherish and raise that child. Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing Daddy’s out there!!
145. To the people who love you, you are beautiful already. This is not because they’re blind to your shortcomings, but, because they so clearly see your soul. Your shortcomings then dim by comparison. The people who care about you are willing to let you be imperfect and beautiful, too.
146. We don’t need to have a long journey just to find love because in our home we have love and that’s the family.
147. To my ever dearest, loving, compassionate, caring, understanding and… she’s everything and she’s my hero, I love my mom and she will always be special to me.
148. My mother is more than a hero, more than a fearless women, more than a best friend, she’s my life. I love her with all my heart and I will never ask for a better mother.
149. Being a Mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children go.
150. Family… Like branches on a tree our lives may grow in different directions but our roots will stay as one!!
151. There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart.
152. Family is the best thing you could ever wish for. They are there for you during the ups and downs, and love you no matter what.
153. Our path may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong. I miss you SISTER.
154. No Family is perfect, we argue, we fight, we even stop talking to each other at time but in the end, family is family… the love will always be there.
155. I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me mommy.
156. Your child is always your child, regardless of age. You feel their feelings, share in their joys and hurt in their sorrows.
157. Your brother is always the first male friend you will have in your life. Nobody will ever be able to understand your craziness like your brother and although you don’t see each other as much as you’d like, he will always remain your friend and be there for you when you need him the most. While people will come and go in your life, your brother will be in your heart for a lifetime.
158. We argue, we fall out, we make up, we love, we don’t speak, we chat for hours, we are family. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
159. Love your mother, the most beautiful person on this earth. Our best critic, yet our strongest supporter.
160. No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
Funny Family Quotes
161. I am an only child. I have one sister.- Woody Allen
162. If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is to go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you’ll be going, ‘you know, we’re alright. We are dang near royalty.’ – Jeff Foxworthy
163. Humans are not proud of their ancestors, and rarely invite them round to dinner. – Douglas Adams
164. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.- Leo Tolstoy
165. The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven’s lieutenants.- Shakespeare
166. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.- Theodore Hesburgh
167. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.- George Burns
168. My uncle’s dying wish – he wanted me on his lap….He was in the electric chair.- Rodney Dangerfield
169. I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance waiting for the bathroom.- Bob Hope
170. To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness. (The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895)- Oscar Wilde
171. One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.- Euripides
172. Important families are like potatoes. The best parts are underground. ~ Francis Bacon
173. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. ~ George Burns
174. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. ~ Leo Tolstoy
175. Better a loving single-parent family than a ‘conventional’ family where the parents hate each other and the father is a demagogue. ~ Moby
176. You’ll see a lot of funny stuff, you’ll see a lot of daddy-knows-best stuff, you’ll see a lot of me and my wife trying to hold the family together. ~ Russell Simmons
177. The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to. ~ Dodie Smith
178. Family is just accident… they don’t mean to get on your nerves. They don’t even mean to be your family, they just are.
~ Marsha Norman
179. Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts.
180. A family vacation is one where you arrive with five bags, four kids and seven I-thought-you-packed-its. ~ Ivern Ball
181. Heredity is what sets the parents of a teenager wondering about each other. ~ Laurence J Peter
182. The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf.~ Bertrand Russell
183. I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. ~ Erma Bombeck
184. My family is really boring. They have a coffee table book called ‘Pictures We Took Just to Use Up the Rest of the Film.’ ~ Penelope Lombard
185. In some families, ‘please’ is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was ‘sorry’. ~ Margaret Laurence
186. It is easier for a father to have children than The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.- Thomas Jefferson
187. Accidents will occur in the best regulated families.- Charles Dickens
188. Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family.- Bernard Shaw
189. A happy family is but an earlier heaven.- Bernard Shaw
190. The family, that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor in our innermost hearts never quite wish to.- Dodie Smith
191. I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible…and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary.- Victor Borge
192. The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.- Thomas Jefferson
193. Accidents will occur in the best regulated families.- Charles Dickens
194. Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family.- Bernard Shaw
195. A happy family is but an earlier heaven.- Bernard Shaw
196. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.- Theodore Hesburgh
197. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.- George Burns
198. Wide open before marriage, and half-shut afterwards.- Benjamin Franklin
199. The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended and not to take a hint when a hint is not intended.- Robert Frost
200. It is easier for a father to have children than the happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~ Thomas Jefferson
201. Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. ~ Bernard Shaw
202. Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements. ~ Elizabeth II
203. He that has no fools, knaves nor beggars in his family was begot by a flash of lightning. ~ Thomas Fuller
204. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.- Leo Tolstoy
205. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family:Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.- Jane Howard
206. I never forget my wife’s birthday. It’s usually the day after she reminds me about it.- Anonymous
207. The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.- George Santayana
208. In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.- Alex Haley
209. A happy family is but an earlier heaven. ~ Bernard Shaw
210. Govern a family as you would cook a small fish – very gently.
211. Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in. ~ Robert Frost
212. I sang in the choir for years, even though my family belonged to another church. ~ Paul Lynde
213. If you don’t believe in ghosts, you’ve never been to a family reunion.
214. In each family a story is playing itself out, and each family’s story embodies its hope and despair.- Auguste Napier
215. Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~ Evan Esar
216. Before most people start boasting about their family tree, they usually do a good pruning job. ~ O A Battista
217. Family life got better and we got our car back – as soon as we put ‘I love Mom’ on the license plate. ~ Erma Bombeck
218. Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.- Elizabeth II
219. Important families are like potatoes. The best parts are underground.- Francis Bacon
22o. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.- Leo Tolstoy
221. The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven’s lieutenants.- Shakespeare
222. The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended and not to take a hint when a hint is not intended.
223. A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. ~ Ogden Nash