South Korean K-pop band Brave Girls debuted as a five-member group that comprised of Eunyoung – who was the leader, Seo-A, Yejin, Yoojin, and Hyeran. These five members boasted an impressive training history and were in the top rankings of their trainee groups.
Brave Girls went on to release their debut album titled Brave Girls: The Difference in April 2011. With its principal CEO and world-class producer, Brave Brothers of Brave Entertainment, the group has been able to produce a range of albums over the years, with a few members leaving and others joining the group, taking the total number of members at one point to 7.
But despite the influence of Brave Brothers, and the use of sex appeal in marketing the group which appealed to the populace, the all-girl group was unable to capture a great deal of interest as their record sales were unflattering. Members began to leave the group for different reasons one after the other, leaving them with just four remaining members.
Profile of Brave Girls Members
Minyoung, real name Kim Min-young, was born on September 12, 1990. She is the main vocalist and main dancer of the girl group. She was born in Incheon, South Korea. Her specialties are ballet and acting. Minyoung trained from the age of 21, eventually joining Brave Girls in 2015. Prior to her time with the group, she was a member of the trio HavyT.
Nam Yu-jeong, known better by her stage name Yujeong, was born on May 2, 1991. A vocalist in the girl group, she was born in Suwon, South Korea. Yujeong attended Sungshin Women’s University and studied Media Communications. She can speak English because she attended an international school in Hong Kong. She is considered one of the cutest members of Brave Girls having joined in 2015.
Eunji is a South Korean singer and member of the girl group Brave Girls. She was born Hong Eun-ji on July 19, 1992, in Yeosu, South Korea.
Eunji serves as the lead vocalist and lead rapper for the group. She studied at the Myongji University before joining the group in 2015. She’s well known for her flexibility and acrobatic skills.
Lee Yu-na was born on April 6, 1993, in Jeju, South Korea. The South Korean singer is the lead vocalist, rapper, dancer, and visual of the group. In 2017, she joined the survival reality show The Unit but didn’t pass the audition.
Yuna is considered as the charismatic and boyish member of the group. She is among the recent members of the group after having joined in 2015.
Former Members of Brave Girls
1. Eunyoung was the former leader, main vocalist, and lead dancer of the girl group. She was a member from its inception in 2011 to 2016.
2. Seoah is another former member of the group who contributed with vocals. Recently, she was in the news for directly addressing rumors that she participated in a sexually explicit broadcast as a cam girl.
3. Yejin also provided vocals for the girl group. After dropping out of the group, she went back to school and graduated, majoring in acting at Chung-Ang University. She auditioned for an SBS drama called Whisper and was cast in a minor role in that drama.
4. Yujin was the lead rapper and lead vocalist for the group. Yujin had been stuck between the path of pursuing girl group activities or her education, with the latter eventually taking the day.
5. Hyeran is a South Korean rapper and dancer who was among the new members of Brave Girls but she has since parted ways with them.
6. Hayun is a South Korean singer who was a former member and maknae of the group. She left the group due to health issues.
Other Facts You Need to Know About the Group
1. Their producer Brave Brothers is a South Korean rapper, record producer, and songwriter whose real name is Kang Dong-Chul. He was previously a producer and composer for YG Entertainment from 2004 to 2008 before starting his own record label, Brave Entertainment in 2008.
2. Since their debut with the Back To Da Future EP in 2011, the girl group has released three more EPs; Re-Issue (2012), High Heels (2016) and Rollin’ (2017).
3. Brave Girls’ album High Heels uses Minyoung’s legs for the album cover.