CLC is a septet South Korean girl band created by a South Korean entertainment company, Cube Entertainment Inc in 2015. They debuted with the release of their first Extended Play titled, ‘First Love’ including the hit single ‘Pepe’ on 19th March 2015. The first five CLC members consist of Seungyeon, Seunghee, Yeeun, Yujin, and Sorn. Additional two members, Eunbin and Elkie were added to the group in February 2016 thereby making them a seven-member band. Below are the CLC members’ profiles, info, and trivia.
CLC Members’ Profile
Seungyeon is the leader of CLC girl group who serves as the main songster and dancer of the band. She was born as Chang Seung-Yeon on 6th November 1996 in Seongnam, Gyeonggi, South Korea. She is an alumna of the School of Performing Arts Seoul. The singer who can speak Japanese fluently loves to dance and can also play the guitar very well. Seungyeon clinched the second position in the MBC South Korean television program, The Idol Star Athletics Championships (ISAC) after practicing clubs for a month.
Seunghee is the stage name of the CLC member, Oh Seung-hee who is the songster and former leader of the girl band. She was born on 10th October 1995 in Gwangju, South Korea and attended Cheongdam High School. The singer whose hobby is to write poems can play the piano and guitar proficiently. She is nicknamed Little Hani.
Yeeun is a rapper and singer with the CLC group. She was born as Jang Yee-eun on 10th August 1998 in Dongducheon, Gyeonggi, South Korea. She attended Seoul Performing Arts High School. Besides being able to play the percussion, she has greatly contributed in composing the lyrics of many of the group’s songs. Yeeun speaks Korean, Mandarin, English, and Japanese.
Yujin is the stage name of the CLC member and actress, Choi Yu-jin who is a singer, dancer and visual artist with the septet girl band. Born on 12th August 1996 in Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea, she attended Hanlim Multi Arts High School. In addition to singing and dancing, Yujin plays the harmonica, speaks Korean and Japanese very well and is nicknamed Jinni, rabbit, or Yu-mouse. She has featured as an actress in the web dramas, Green Fever (2017) and Nightmare Teacher (2016).
Sorn is a Thai singer based in South Korea. She is popularly known as the season 1 winner of 2011 K-Pop Star Hunt and later as a singer with the South Korean girl band, CLC. Sorn was born as Chonnasorn Sajakul on 18th November 1996 in Bangkok, Thailand. Her father, Wanasthana Sajakul works for the Thailand Prime Minister and her brother, Teerapat is also a singer. Sorn is also a YouTuber and usually uploads Vlogs and Behind-The-Scenes content of CLC on her channel, PRODUSORN. The singer who speaks Thai, Korean, English, and Mandarin also plays the guitar and flute proficiently. She is an alumna of KIS International School, Thailand, and Korean Kent Foreign School.
Elkie is a Hong Kongese singer and actress who resides in South Korea. She was initially a former child actress under TVB in Hong Kong and has featured in many TV dramas including The Comeback Clan, No Regrets and Tiger Cubs. She is currently a singer, dancer and visual artist of the South Korean girl band, CLC. Elkie was born, Chong Ting-yan on 2nd November 1998 in Hong Kong. She was a former member of the Hong Kong project girl-group, Honey Bees and attended a Christian fundamentalism co-educational secondary school, Carmel Pak U Secondary School in Tai Po, Hong Kong. She speaks Korean, English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
Eunbin is the professional name of South Korean singer, Kwon Eunbin who is a rapper, singer, the Maknae of CLC, and Face of the girl group. She was born on 6th January 2000 in Seoul, South Korea and attended Onham Middle School. In addition to rapping and singing, she plays the guitar very well. Eunbin speaks English and is currently learning Spanish. She featured in the Korean drama, Bad Papa (2018) and in the web drama, Top Management (2018).
Info & Trivia About CLC
1. The first five CLC members; Seungyeon, Seunghee, Yeeun, Yujin, and Sorn first appeared as back-up dancers for G. Na (a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress based in South Korea) in 2014. They also modeled for the uniform brand, Smart and featured in a promotional music video with the boy bands, B1A4 and Got7.
2. Prior to their official debut, the girl band gained popularity by raising money for children with disabilities through their street performances.
3. CLC is the Korean Insulin Dependent Diabetes Association ambassador.
4. Their third-anniversary concert titled ‘Black Dress’ was a donation-based, philanthropic concert where those in attendance made goodwill contributions to a Diabetes Association.
5. So far, CLC has released eight Korean Extended Plays namely; ‘First Love’, ‘Question’, ‘Refresh’, ‘Nu. Clear’, ‘Crystyle’, ‘Free’sm’, ‘Black Dress’, and ‘No. 1’, and two Japanese Extended Plays; ‘High Heels’ and ‘Chamisma’ with many tracks.
6. They have also featured in several reality shows including CLC’s Love Chemistry, CLC’s Cheat Key, and PRODUSORN.
7. The girl band has won many awards including Daradaily The Great Awards, KMC Radio Awards, Korean Culture Entertainment Award, and Soribada Best K-Music Awards.