Dahyun is often referred to as the batshit-crazy TWICE member. There’s no other way to describe her. Her antics and personality can’t help but attract attention wherever she goes. Fans have lost the number of hair colors they have seen her with and have loved each of them. What’s more, Dahyun has a rich sense of humor; she is so hilarious it should be a crime. In a more official capacity, Dahyun is a South Korean singer and a member of the South Korean girl group TWICE. She gained popularity when the video of her doing the eagle dance went viral on YouTube in 2011. The singer was then scouted by JYP Entertainment, auditioning on July 7, 2012, and then becoming a trainee under JYP. She debuted in October 2015 as a member of TWICE. Learn more about her below.
Who is Dahyun and How Old is She?
The singer was born Kim Da-Hyun on May 28, 1998, in Seongnam, South Korea. Kim hasn’t shared the details of her family. However, she has an older brother, Myung Soo. She graduated from the Hanlim Multi Art School in February 2017. In 2015, Dahyun appeared in Sixteen, a survival female reality game series that revealed the members of JYP Entertainment’s new girl band, TWICE.
In the final episode of the series, she was selected to be one of the TWICE representatives. Dahyun sang Missing U with Earattack and Chaeyoung on the album TWICEtagram and she also sang Trick It with JQ and 21:29 with all TWICE members from the album Feel Special. In 2016, Dahyun appeared as a fixed panelist on MBC Every 1’s Weekly Idol and she was a cast on Real Man as well.
How Tall is She?
Dahyun has an average height and body weight, but the slim body build works quite well for her. The TWICE singer stands at a height of 165 cm (or 5 feet 3 inches). She has a bodyweight of 48 kg (or 106 pounds). Her natural hair color is black, though that could be hard to tell with the different hair colors she likes to spot from time to time. She also sports brown eyes.
Other Interesting Facts About the Twice Singer
1. Dahyun was featured in the music video for Wooyoung’s song R.O.S.E. and appeared in Got7’s Stop Stop It video.
2. She is one of nine members of the K-pop band TWICE that formed through the reality show Sixteen. They are known for albums such as The Story Begins, Page Two, and Twicecoaster: Lane 1.
3. Dahyun chose 7 as her favorite number because she became a TWICE member on July 7th and because she’s the 7th oldest in TWICE.
4. When it comes to who has the best dance moves in TWICE, Dahyun is the most flexible and it contributes to making her movements look good. But she lacks technique and it’s something she has been working on recently.
5. She is one of the most popular members of TWICE and brings lots of life into the group. Though she started off as a weak rapper, she grew her rap skills and is now TWICE’s lead rapper and sub-vocal.
6. Dahyun is really fun on variety shows and has an amazing smile. She also has the ability to know when a camera is pointed at her.
7. Dahyun is an extrovert. Before its ending, she’s the leader of the School Meal Club, a show also featuring TWICE members Chaenyoung and Tzuyu. Dahyun adores fellow groupmates Momo and Sana.
8. On September 22, 2019, Momo and Dahyun participated in filming for the variety show Hello Counselor at the KBS Annex Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. Dahyun was also selected as the MC for 2019 Idol Star Athletics Championships – Chuseok Special, which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2019.
9. Dahyun was seen rocking some plastic pants with her stage outfit while preparing to perform for M! Countdown on September 26th.
10. In November 2018, right-wing Japanese politician Onodera Masaru attacked Dahyun for sporting a Marymond T-shirt, an organization that collects funds to help aid female victims of sexual abuse by the Imperial Japanese Army during the Second World War. As a result, Onodera Masaru asked for the removal of TWICE from appearing in Kohaku Uta Gassen, the annual New Year’s Eve television special by Japanese broadcaster NHK.
11. The singer auditioned for SM, JYP, and YG Entertainment at the same time. Amazingly, she got accepted by all 3 companies, but she chose JYP.
12. Dahyun was in a Chuseok Special Show called Replies That Make Us Flutter in which celebrities have to act out the imaginative scenarios of fan-based requests. Dahyun was paired with Astro‘s Cha Eunwoo and they performed a romantic comedy type drama, featuring Astro member, Moon Bin.