The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) is a public university that offers training to students for the award of a Bachelor’s degree, Masters’s degree, executive master’s degree, Ph.D., postgraduate diploma certificates, as well as other certificate and short courses. The university has created the GIMPA student portal to simplify the academic activities for enrolled students and the application process for prospective students.
What Qualifies a Person To Create an Account On The Portal?
The GIMPA student portal is not open for use to the general public. It is only accessible to:
- Prospective students applying for a place at GIMPA;
- First-year students who gained admission to the university; and
- Enrolled/returning students at the different schools of learning.
Suppose you fall into any of the categories listed above. In that case, you can create an account on the GIMPA student portal to keep track of your activities in the school, carry out academic actions like course registration or your application for admission if you are a prospective student. As you would soon learn, creating an account on the portal is very straightforward and easy.
Step By Step Guide On How To Create An Account On The GIMPA Student Portal
Many institutions of learning across the globe have embraced developing software for the computerization of their students’ and employees’ data and the adaptation of the entirety of their academic system online. This has proven to be an efficient way of availing useful and important information to students and an easy way of covering all the aspects of the day-to-day, cumbersome, and tasking nature of educational administration.
So, for an establishment that takes pride in asserting its vision to become an “undoubted center of excellence”, it is only natural that the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration has adopted the computerization of its academic system.
Steps For Creating Your Account As a Prospective Student of GIMPA
Applicants/prospective students can gain access to the GIMPA student portal after obtaining an application E-voucher. They are to use the E-voucher serial number and pin to log in to the portal. To do this, you have to get your voucher first.
How To Purchase a Voucher
- Visit GCB Bank Limited, Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited (CBG), or alternatively, use Slydepay
- Choose the application voucher you want to purchase
- Pay for it and get your voucher code and pin.
Now that you have your voucher, do the following:
- Visit the GIMPA Prospective student application page (onlineadm.gimpa.edu.gh) or click here
- Enter your voucher code and pin to proceed
- Then follow the guide provided to carry out your application.
Congrats, you have successfully created your account on the GIMPA student portal.
Getting Fully Registered On The Portal Once You Are Admitted
If you are admitted into the institution, you will have to register online on the student portal. A GIMPA student is only considered to be fully registered when s/he has fully paid the academic fees, has done course registration, and carried out the printing and endorsement of proof of registration.
After making payment, you will have to wait for 48 hours before you can commence with your online registration. You won’t be able to register if you didn’t pay the complete amount of the academic fees required and payments made after the registration deadline are not acknowledged. So, it is important to pay the full amount once and complete your registration before the deadline.
Below are the steps to follow:
- Pay your academic fees at any of the GIMPA approved banks using your Student ID number found in your admission letter.
- Visit the GIMPA website (www.gimpa.edu.gh) and navigate to “Online Registration”.
- Enter your Student ID Number and log in.
- Change the default PIN to another of your choice. In doing this, do not use a PIN with the same numbers immediately following each other like “44” and do not start your PIN with “0” or end it with a “0”.
- Locate “Registration” and click on it.
- Accept the rules and regulations of GIMPA and then click on “Submit Registration”.
- Locate the “blue letters” below “Qualification Code” and select “Register for This Qualification”.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to proceed to course registration.
- Click on the little box close to each course to pick the courses you will offer for the semester.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to see the selected course and on “Restart Process” if you made any mistakes. Once you complete your registration, you can add to your courses but cannot delete any, so be certain of whatever you do here.
- Click on “Continue” and then on “Accept Registration”, be certain you have done the registration correctly.
- Click on “Printer Friendly Format” to print your proof of registration (2 copies) and then click on “Log-Out”.
- Finally, submit a copy of the proof to the school’s secretariat and keep one for yourself.
All The Things One Can Do On The Student Portal
Enrolled students can access the services on the student study portal by:
- Going to the student portal in a browser application.
- Log in using their user ID (student number) and PIN
- After successful login, students will be directed to their homepage.
- Clicking on corresponding icons to access the different service options.
The activities that can be conducted on the portal include:
- Online admission application
- Checking of admission list and printing of admission letter
- Payment of acceptance fee
- Viewing of student’s academic calendar
- Admission deferment
- Course registration
- Payment of fees
- Application for extra credit hours
- Checking of student’s results
- Application for student’s transcript etc.
In a nutshell, the portal covers all the things the institution considers to be relevant in aiding the learning process and the smooth operation of the school. To access any of these activities, a student needs to log in to the GIMPA study portal and navigate to the appropriate section.
How Can I Recover a Lost Login Detail For GIMPA Student Portal?
If a student or prospective student forgets their login details, they are to submit either their email address or username on the website. If corresponding data to the supplied information is found, then an email will be sent to the email address with instructions to follow for password recovery.