At the end of life, it does not matter how long you lived but rather what counts is how well you lived your life, and how many lives you were able to affect positively. Many people just go through life without leaving a single legacy, while many will continuously be celebrated even long after they are gone to the world beyond. At the end of the day, we all have only one life to live, and in that time we have the same time allocation (24 hours) so how much impact you make in life depends on how you use your time and what you did with it. A lot of people are no more, but they still live in the hearts of many owing to the impact they made. Here is a list of great life quotes to live by.
Live Life Quotes – Quotes About Living the Life
1. Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies.
2. Nobody lives life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.
3. We have to live life with a sense of urgency so not a minute is wasted.
4. If you don’t take the chance to live life, what can you say at the end of it?
5. I don’t wait for the calendar to figure out when I should live life.
6. You know, you only get to live life once, so there are two things that yields. One is that there’s no point in crying over spilt milk, but secondly you hate wasting time, energy, and whatever talent you’ve got.
7. We animals live life in all its glorious uncertainty. Why do politicians think they can control events?
Rita Mae Brown
8. I want young people to know that they can belong – whatever your culture, your religion, your sexuality – that you can live life how you want to live it and feel comfortable how you are.
9. You have to live life to its full chorizo.
10. Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.
Pope Paul VI
11. I think my mother… made it clear that you have to live life by your own terms and you have to not worry about what other people think and you have to have the courage to do the unexpected.
12. Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.
13. Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been.
14. Live life and write about life. Of the making of many books there is indeed no end, but there are more than enough books about books.
15. ‘Darkness’ is a subjective word; it depends what your viewpoint is and how you live life.
16. Animators have to live life 24 times as long as we do – every 24 frames of a second.
17. You gotta live life before you can talk about it. Sometimes when things don’t work out in life, they work out on stage.
18. I respect all religions, but I’m not a deeply religious person. But I try to live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn’t brought up in a religious way, but I believe there’s something out there that looks after you.
19. It’s not about what you tell your children, but how you show them how to live life.
Jada Pinkett Smith
20. I am a perfectionist but I know how to live life. When I’m working, it’s 100%. When I’m with my friends, I put everything away and enjoy life. When I come home to my kids, it’s pure joy and everything’s worth it. Every time, I really focus 100 percent on one thing. I’ve learned how to juggle my life and I feel like now I have the perfect balance.
21. I’m going to be true to what I want to do, because if I care what people think about me, I’m a puppet. Which I have been in my life. And you can’t live life that way, man!
22. ConsiderLive life for the moment because everything else is uncertain!
23. I didn’t understand how you could be an actor if you didn’t also study philosophy and study political science, astronomy. And also just go out and live life and have experiences.
24. We explore astronomical life through medicate experience, and we live life through love and ardvarks.
25. People will always have an opinion, but you have to live life the way you want to. It’s very easy to tell others what to do, but difficult to implement it on yourself.
26. There are times when I have to take, I call it a ‘silence bath,’ where I shut off all of the external gadgets. I go walk around, talk to people, and just live life for a while.
27. I’m not a model, I’m an artist. In one of my videos, I’m doing this shot of me with no make-up on where I’ve just woken up, and I don’t think a lot of people would be comfortable enough to do that. But that’s the way I look. This is who I am. Let’s enjoy it. Let’s just live life to the full while we’re all here.
28. You’ve got to live life to write a book about it.
29. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that I lost my religious faith and ‘manned up’ in the same year. I was described somewhere as a lapsed Catholic, which is funny because I’m not going back! I want to achieve things rather than live life in an animalistic way.
30. I think that the problem is that people fear so many things and they don’t live life to its fullest. And for me as an artist, if God should want me to come this Wednesday to the end of my life, so be it.
31. To live life well is to express life poorly; if one expresses life too well, one is living it no longer.
32. I’m the kind of person who just can’t wait to get on a train and not know where I’m going. I definitely want to live life to the fullest. And that’s the type of man I’m attracted to – somebody with that spontaneous spirit.
33. Somewhere there’s a score being kept, so you have an obligation to live life as well as you can, be as engaged as you can.
34. And for me the only way to live life is to grab the bull by the horns and call up recording studios and set dates to go in recording studios. To try and accomplish something.
35. Live life to the fullest, for the future is scarce.
36. I think Michigan keeps you sane and on an even keel through the ups and downs. In Michigan, I do fireworks, shovel snow and live life.
37. I’ve always thought you have to live life looking forwards, not backwards. I’ve had no interest at all in who my ancestors are.
38. Even as we get older, we get in these routines – and routines are nice and comfortable – but I think that it’s important to live life to its fullest and try different things. Because you never know what you’re going to learn. You might not like it, you might like it.
39. You must live life in its very elementary forms. The Mexicans have a very nice word for it: pura vida. It doesn’t mean just purity of life, but the raw, stark-naked quality of life. And that’s what makes young people more into a filmmaker than academia.
40. You can’t write about stuff you don’t know about. You have to live it. You have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. Live life to be a good songwriter.
41. I live life what I consider to be normal.
42. The past explains how I got here, but the future is up to me – and I love to live life at full throttle.
43. Being a runner means you are now ‘free’ to win and lose and live life to its fullest.
44. I try to explain to people that the only way to be cool is to be who you truly are, and the only way to live life is to do the things that you want to do and be the person that you want to be no matter who that is or what that is or how you have to do it. That’s the only way you can be genuinely happy.
45. Yes, I had to learn how to live life outside, but I had so many people help me.
46. When you realize you’re alive, you can live life!
Chad Michael Murray
47. How do I feel about being a star now? Well I still try to live life and enjoy what I am doing.
48. Usually, I’m only sad when something sad happens. I am not a melancholic person. I like to live very much in the present. If I was an animal, I’d be a little cat. They like to live life.
49. You can stay in therapy your whole life, but you’ve got to live life and not talk about life.
Live Laugh Love Quotes – Live Love Laugh Quotes
50. In three words I can sum up everything I know about life – It goes on
51. In three words I can sum up everything I know about life: It goes on. ~ Robert Frost
52. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. ~Dennis P. Kimbro
53. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~ Robert Brault
54. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein
The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. ~ Henry David Thoreau
55. I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. ~ Woody Allen
56. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 am that matter. ~ Marlene Dietrich
57. Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. ~ Franklin P. Jones
58. In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away. ~ Shing Xiong
59. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used. ~ Unknown author
60. Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead. ~ Scottish Proverb
61. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. ~ Albert Einstein
62. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” ~J.K. Rowling
63. “Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.” ~Author Unknown
64. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”
~Alexander Graham Bell
65. “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.” – Author Unknown
66. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy.”
67. “Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.”
68. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning.”
69. “Don’t frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile.”
70. “Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.”
71. “Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it’s one day further from the last time you saw each other, it’s one day closer to the next time you will.”
— Author Unknown
72. “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.”
73. “Life is too short to be anything but happy, Love deeply, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything with no regrets, Forget the past with exception of what you have learned and remember everything happens for a reason.”
74. “Friends are like balloons; once you let them go, you can’t get them back.”
75. “Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one’s who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
76. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.”
77. “If you’re in love with two people, pick the second one. If you really loved the first, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.”
78. You don’t know what you love until you lose it, you don’t know what you have until it slips away, leaves you alone in the dark, takes you and tears you apart. You don’t know what love is until it breaks your heart.
79. “You don’t know what you’ve got until its gone” Nick Jonas, A little Bit Longer
80. “The face can speak a thousand emotions but it can easily mask what the heart truly feels. Don’t be fooled for the happiest face may be masking the most hurting heart.”
81. “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to see beyond the imperfections.”
82. “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.” ~H. Jackson Browne
83. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”
Joseph F. Newton
84. “You gotta take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, remember what you had, always forgive, never forget, learn from mistakes, never regret, people change, things go wrong but just remember, life goes on.”
85. “Someday everything will all make perfect sense so for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”
86. “You can’t stop loving or wanting to love because when its right, it’s the best thing in the world. When you’re in a relationship and it’s good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.”
87. Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you. ~Author Unknown
88. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
-Franklin P. Jones
89. “Don’t frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile.”
90. “happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things it will come and sit softly on your shoulder”
91. “Don’t try to duck from what life throws at you, learn to catch it and throw it back.”
92. “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain” Taylor Swift
93. “remember, life is a precious gift, love is a wonderful gift, and laughter is a glorious gift. So live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and laugh as much as you breathe.”
94. “Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly”
Live Life To The Fullest Quotes – Quotes About Living Life To The Fullest
95. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all”~Oscar Wilde
96. “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”~Albert Einstein
97. “Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.”~Mary Manin Morrissey
98. “You don’t get to choose how you are going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you are going to live. Now.”~Joan Baez
99. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”~George Bernard Shaw
100. “Reality is negotiable.”~Tim Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
101. Cherish your yesterdays, dream your tomorrows and live your todays. ~ Anonymous
101.Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day. ~Melody Beattie
102. Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. In the past, whenever I had fallen short in almost any undertaking, it was seldom because I had tried and failed. It was because I had let fear of failure stop me from trying at all. ~ Arthur Gordon
103. One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. ~ William Feather
104. Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?”~ Nathaniel Branden
105. A life without cause is a life without effect. ~ Barbarella
106. “Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.”~Dion Boucicault
107. “Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you’ll be right.”~H.H. “Breaker” Morant
108. “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.”~Arnold H. Glasgow
109. “The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have.”~Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
110. There is only one success, to be able to spend your life in your own way. ~ Christopher Morley
111. Don’t wait. Make memories today. Celebrate your life! ~ unknown
112. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. ~ Les Brown
113. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. ~ Danny Kaye
114. Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin. ~ Grace Hansen
115. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~ Joe Lewis
116. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”~Wayne Dyer
117. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”~Mark Twain
118. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snow flake”~M.B. Ray
119. “What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him. What he needs is not the discharge of tension at any cost, but the call of a potential meaning waiting to be fulfilled by him.”~Dr. Viktor Frankl
120. “People say that what we are seeking is in for life. I don’t think this is what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.”~Joseph Campbell
121. “A life without cause is a life without effect.”~Barbarella
122. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”~Robert Byrne
123. “What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.”~HH the Dalai Lama
124. “Slow down and remember this: Most things make no difference.”~Tim Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
125. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”~Dr. Viktor Frankl
126. “Let your life mean something. Become an inspiration to others so that they may try to do more and to become more than they are today.”~Thomas D. Willhite
127. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”~Henry David Thoreau
128. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.”~Charles Richards
129. “Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.”~Richard Bach
130. “Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”~Mahatma Gandhi
131. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.”~Ruth E. Renk
132. “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.”~Braveheart
133. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
134. Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Life is an opportunity, Capture it. ~ Unknown
135. If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
136. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. ~ Louis E. Boone
137. There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ‘em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ‘em. ~ Kevin Welch
138. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did. ~ Mark Twain
139. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.”~Diane Ackerman
140. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”~Abraham Lincoln
141. “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.”~Stephen Vincent Benét
142. “The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.”~Thomas Carlyle
Quotes About Living In The Moment
143. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”― Henry David Thoreau
144. It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.― Henry David Thoreau
145. Life is available only in the present moment.― Thich Nhat Hanh
146. Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be.― Eckhart Tolle
147. The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.― Thich Nhat Hahn
148. Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity.― Deepak Chopra
149. This is real freedom—the ability to enjoy the choices we make in every successive moment of the present.― Deepak Chopra
150. “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.”― Albert Einstein
151. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.”― Benjamin Franklin
152. Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do.― Jean de la Bruyere
153. We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.― John Newton
154. I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.― Alan Watts
155. Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now – always.― Albert Schweitzer
156. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.”― Walt Whitman
157. We are always getting ready to live but never living.― Ralph Waldo Emerson
158. “Forever is composed of nows.”― Emily Dickinson
159. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.― John Lennon
160. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”― Maya Angelou
161. Act in the moment, live in the present, slowly slowly don’t allow the past to interfere, and you will be surprised that life is such an eternal wonder, such a mysterious phenomenon and such a great gift that one simply feels constantly in gratitude.― Osho
162. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”― Eckhart Tolle
163. All you see in your world is the outcome of your idea about it.― Neale Donald Walsch
164. Today is life – the only life you are sure of.― Dale Carnegie
165. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.― Buddha
166. One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.― Dale Carnegie
167. Stress is the distance between where your thoughts are and where your life is happening.― Dean Jackson
168. “All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment.”― Byron Katie
169. All the Buddhas of all the ages have been telling you a very simple fact: Be – don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance.―Osho
170. Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally.― Eckhart Tolle
171. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.― Thich Nhat Hahn
172. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.― Abraham Lincoln
173. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.”― Bill Watterson
174. You are only here now; you’re only alive in this moment.― Jon Kabat-Zinn
Quotes About Living
175. “All is flux, nothing stays still.” – Heraclitus
176. “For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
177. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
178. “I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.” – James Joyce
179. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
180. “The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven” – John Milton
181. “Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
182. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
183. “Fall seven times; stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
184. “You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.” – Joseph Campbell
185. “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
186. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi
187. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
188. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
189. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” – Plutarch
190. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
191. “Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else” – Judy Garland
Funny Quotes To Live By
192. If a man smiles all the time, he’s probably selling something that doesn’t work.
193. The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.
194. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
195. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
196. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.
197. Just when you think there’s light at the end of the tunnel, you discover it’s an on-coming train.
198. When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did, in his sleep — not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
199. Never do anything that you wouldn’t want to explain to the paramedics.
200. There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them. – Lawrence Welk
201. In life, it’s not who you know that’s important, it’s how your wife found out. – Joey Adams
202. I am not afraid of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens. – Woody Allen
203. All the world’s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed. – Sean O’Casey
204. No good deed goes unpunished.
205. In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.
206. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
207. Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse.
208. I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. – Jon Stewart
209. Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.” Albert Einstein
210. Here are some funny quotes about life from various comedians: George Carlin, Mark Twain, Charles Schulz, and Groucho Marx.
211. Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
212. The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.
213. Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?