The procedure for KASNEB registration can be done in two different ways; the traditional way of going physically to their offices or doing it online. The choice is now left for applicants to choose the one that will be more convenient. Those who wish to go through the traditional way need to be present at any KASNEB center before they can submit their forms. Conversely, going through the online portal, you won’t go to the trouble of looking for a KASNEB office; downloading, filling, and submission of forms can be accomplished from the comfort of your home. All you need is the link; online.kasneb.or.ke. Below are all the KASNEB entry requirements you will need.
KASNEB Registration Procedure
Registering for KASNEB exams can be accomplished via two methods;
- Going to KASNEB offices
- Leveraging KASNEB online portal
How To Book For Your KASNEB Examination Physically
Those who would like to do their KASNEB registration via the traditional method can accomplish that by following the under listed procedures:
- Download the KASNEB examination registration form online.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Select any KASNEB exam center of your choice and deliver your filled form.
- Your application guide instructs that you make payments via the available method of payment, do this, then go home and wait.
If you prefer booking for your exams by visiting one of the KASNEB registration centers, the requirement may include paying through the banks and submitting your receipt to the KASNEB application officers. In case you need to this, below are the approved banks and account numbers.
- Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd. (KCB): 1203681194
- National Bank of Kenya Ltd. (NBK): 01001031572601
- Equity Bank Ltd.: 0170299238025
- Kenya Post Office Savings Bank Ltd: 0744130009246
- Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd: 01129128535900
- UBA Kenya Bank Ltd: 55030160004156
- KCB dollar account for foreign students: 1123096465
Under normal circumstances, KASNEB administers exams two times a year (May and November). To participate in the May exams, your application must be submitted by 31st of March and for the November exams, the deadline is the 30th of September.
How To Register For KASNEB Exams Online
The KASNEB Portal can be accessed via this link; online.kasneb.or.ke. Once you have access to the portal, register immediately if you are yet to have an account. Activation of your KASNEB Account is done through the link that will be sent to your email. Also, an SMS will be sent to you with your KASNEB Wallet pin.
- Log in with your pin
- Update all your details and click save.
- Move to the left side menu and click “Registration”.
- Once you have accessed the registration form, go ahead and click on next, add information where necessary.
- Then, go to the “Application Section”, and select the category and the exam you wish to apply for.
- At least one qualification must be selected and you should upload the necessary documentation required as proof of qualification, then click “Next”
- Any additional information should be included and you can go ahead to select your preferred date to sit for the exam and click “Next”.
- Choose your preferred method of payment, it can be KASNEB Wallet, MPESA, or Debit Card. All these are viable platforms to enable candidates to make payments for their KASNEB exams online. Once payment is effected, download your invoice.
The Entry Requirements For KASNEB
Before people proceed with KASNEB registration, they need to be aware of the fact that there are entry requirements that must be met before one can be deemed qualified. There are different entry requirements for different levels, professional examination, diploma examinations, and certificate exams.
Any student who wishes to be registered as a candidate for any KASNEB professional examination must have proof of holding any of the under-listed minimum qualifications
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination. At least, the Applicant must have an aggregate average of grade C plus (C+) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination. An aggregate average of C plus (C+) is required from the tester; its equivalent can also suffice.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE). At least, applicants must have TWO Principal passes, so long as he or she recorded credits in both English and Mathematics at the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level/its equivalent.
- KASNEB Technician, Diploma, or Professional Exam Certificate.
- Any degree from one of the recognized universities.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) exam. Applicants must record grade C in six papers including Mathematics and English.
NB: KASNEB reserves the right to approve such other diplomas or certificates.
Applicants who wish to be registered as candidates for any of the KASNEB diploma exams must provide proof of holding one of the listed minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination. At least, applicants must have an aggregate average of grade C MINUS (C-) or its equivalent.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) exam. A grade “D” will suffice.
- Any other KASNEB diploma or technician examination certificate.
Applicants who wish to be registered as candidates for CAMS (Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills) qualification must show proof of holding these minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination. At least, the applicant must have an aggregate average of grade D/D Plain or equivalent qualifications.
How Long After Registration is Needed To Activate an Account
The NEW e-KASNEB application requires candidates who have successfully signed up to activate their accounts through their emails. The steps are very simple:
- Open your email and select the message that says “KASNEB ACCOUNT VERIFICATION”. Activate your account by clicking on the link.
- Successful applicants are expected to get their accounts activated within 24 hours from the time of registration. Those whose token got expired are advised to reset their passwords and login.
- Students who already have their registration numbers are advised to register under “STUDENT WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER”. They should not register as “NEW Students”.
- If you happen to be a student with a registration number and have made the mistake of registering under “NEW STUDENT”, recommendations are that you re-register under “STUDENT WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER”. However, you need to get a different email for the fresh registration.
- First-timers who are doing their registration for the first time should endeavor to cross-check the information they have provided, ensuring that everything is in order before signing up. Items to check out include names, phone numbers, email addresses, and national identity numbers.
- The same thing is applicable to “STUDENT WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER”, they should also ensure that all their information is correct. They should cross-check their registration number, phone number, and email address.
NB: Important to note that those who provide wrong information won’t be able to have future access to their accounts.