Hannah Bagshawe is a British Publicist and the wife of Academy award-winning English actor, Eddie Redmayne. Eddie is most popular for his award-winning role as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything (2014).
Meanwhile, Hannah Bagshawe first came to the limelight after she stormed the red carpet at a movie premiere alongside Eddie Redmayne back in 2012. Following their marriage in 2014, Bagshawe has maintained a blissful relationship with Redmayne; such that is devoid of the common issues that characterize most celebrity marriages, leaving fans longing to know more about her. That’s exactly why we’re bringing you everything you’d love to know about Hannah Bagshawe, from her early life and relationship with Eddie to all other interesting facts. Enjoy!
Hannah Bagshawe Bio (Age)
Hannah Bagshawe was born on November 30, 1982, in London, England, United Kingdom. She is Caucasian by ethnicity and British by nationality. Her parents, Caryl and Nicholas Bagshawe raised her in their hometown in London.
Hannah completed her high school education at a Boarding School for Girls. She later earned a Masters Degree in English Literature and French from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
On completing her education, Hannah Bagshawe started working as a Public Relations Executive, landing jobs in a number of recognized finance/investment firms including Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Societe Generale. Starting from August 2006, she worked as the Global Head of Public Relations for Mergermarket Ltd (now Acuris Company). Her responsibilities at Mergermarket included handling the group’s communications and public relations tasks across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Relationship with Redmayne
Hannah Bagshawe met Eddie Redmayne in 2000 at a charity fashion show. Eddie was a student at Eton College then, while Hannah was schooling at the nearby boarding school for girls where the show reportedly took place. It happened that he was a member of his school’s senior boys modeling group, and walked the runway topless at the event. They later got more acquainted with each other at an after-party. The duo, however, maintained an ordinary friendship for about twelve years before going romantic; they started dating formally in January 2012.
The lovebirds later engaged in June 2014 after Eddie popped the big question while they were on a romantic vacation. They subsequently married on the 15th day of December 2014. The wedding was a private ceremony which took place in England at the Babington House in Babington, Somerset County. Following their wedding, the new couple flew to The Alps for their honeymoon.
Hannah and Eddie have two children together, a daughter named Iris Mary and a son named Luke Richard. While Iris was born on June 15, 2016, Luke was born on March 10, 2018. The family of four lives in London, England.
Facts About Eddie Redmayne’s Wife
1. Hannah Bagshawe was born the same year (1982) with her husband, Eddie Redmayne. She is, however, almost one year younger since the latter was born on the 6th of January while she arrived on the last day of November.
2. In addition to being a public relations professional, Hannah is also an antique collector. Also, she serves as her husband’s financial publicist.
3. Bagshawe is very supportive of her husband, accompanying him to virtually all major events such as awards galas, movie premieres, and so on. She also helps Redmayne (who is color blind) to choose his outfits for various occasions.
4. She made her first red carpet appearance with Eddie Redmayne at the premiere of the 2012 musical drama, Les Misérables in London. She actually started dating Redmayne during a break he had between filming the movie. The latter had asked her to accompany him on a trip to Florence in Italy to which she agreed, and the rest became history.
5. Despite being a red carpet lover, Hannah maintains a private lifestyle, sparingly sharing her personal matters on the media. So far, she has succeeded in shielding her marital life from the toxic effects of fame and the media.
6. Despite her small-stature looks, Bagshawe has an impressive height of 5 feet 10 inches. In addition, she weighs around 58 kilograms, has blue eyes, and light-brown hair.
7. Hannah Bagshawe is a habitual latecomer. According to Eddie Redmayne, she is never on time for any occasion including her own wedding to which she arrived about half an hour late. But judging from the way Eddie cheerfully talked about Hannah’s lateness, the couple must be sharing a very deep bond of affection.