An unusual celebrity spouse, Helen Lasichanh soared to fame when she became the love interest of a super eligible bachelor and one of the biggest producers/musicians in the entertainment industry. Nonetheless, the model and avant-garde fashionista has an impressive resume which has made her more endearing to fans and critics alike. Even more than her statuesque husband, Lasichanh is also known as a philanthropist and an ultra-private celebrity. Here are lesser known facts about the celebrity wife of an ‘ageless vampire’ and mother of four who continues to turn heads with her unusual fashion sense.
Helen Lasichanh’s Bio, Age
The Miami native was born Helen Lasichanh on 22nd July 1980. Raised in her hometown, she attended Miami Coral Park High School where she graduated from in 1998 and then proceeded to St. Thomas University, Florida. After college, she ventured into the fashion industry as a model. With her unique fashion statements, Helen tried to carve a niche for herself in the industry and worked with popular agencies and magazines. Though Lasichanh has an impressive resume, her husband’s success has overshadowed hers as she is best known as the celebrity spouse of Pharrell Williams, who is one of the most influential music icons.
Just like her husband, Helen Lasichanh prefers to keep details of her personal life under wraps. While not much is known to the public regarding her parents and siblings, we do know that the model is of mixed ethnicity as she was born to Ethiopian and Laotian parents.
The man behind Lasichanh’s smiles is Pharrell Williams, one of the biggest producers and musicians in the entertainment industry. The pair were first friends for about two and a half years before turning romantic as it wasn’t instant love for Lasichanh while the case was different for Williams. Lasichanh was a hard catch for Williams who had to patiently work hard to win her love. This was because when they met, Lasichanh was in a serious relationship and didn’t see Williams in the romantic light. But when that relationship ended, she decided to give Williams a chance.
The pair who eventually bonded over their love of music dated for about five years and by July 2013, they were engaged. In October 2013, Lasichanh and Williams officially tied the knot in Miami in a beautiful private ceremony that was attended by friends and family.
The family-oriented couple has four kids together. Williams and Lasichanh welcomed their first son Rocket Ayer in 2008 and in January 2017, they increased to a family of six following the birth of their triplets. The unconventional and fashion-forward couple known to be intensely private about their personal life have so far not disclosed the gender and names of the triplets to the public. They have also done a good job at keeping their children out of the limelight.
Lasichanh and her beau are also dedicated philanthropists who are engaged in charitable causes. Despite their relatively private relationship, the ‘Happy’ couple who do not shy away from red carpet PDAs are apparently smitten with each other and show no signs of a split.
Height and Other Facts About Helen Lasichanh
1. The model-cum-fashion designer who stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches is taller than her husband who is just a few inches shorter.
2. Helen was an active athletic student during her undergrad days. She played for her school’s volleyball team and in the year 2001, she bagged the Florida Sun Conference Player of the Year Award.
3. The avant-garde fashionista is famous for her unprecedented fashion trend. She demonstrated yet another unusual characteristic on her wedding day as she ditched the traditional wedding gown and walked down the aisle with her heartthrob dressed in plaids or checkered costumes.
4. Inspired by the Indian tradition of naming kids after an element, force or animal, Lascianh and Williams metaphorically named their son “Rocket” after the ascending man-made machine. More so, the Despicable Me soundtrack ‘Rocket’s Theme’ was written by Williams in honor of their son.
5. As earlier mentioned, Helen Lasichanh and her ageless beau are active philanthropists. Since 2015, they have been seen giving back to the community at Los Angeles Mission Christmas Celebration where they serve food to the less privileged.
6. Unlike most celebrities, Helen does not subscribe to the usual social media habit. She is either non-existent or dormant on most of the popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter among others.