Helena Seger is a successful businesswoman who is best known as the better half of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Swedish striker and one of the world’s best-paid soccer players. More than being a celebrity spouse to the mercurial striker, Seger is a hardworking woman who has accomplished a lot in her career through determination and sheer force of ambition. Ibrahimovic’s longtime partner has been dubbed the ‘Victoria Beckham of Paris’. She is an unusual lady who became independent at a young age and has since carved a niche for herself in society.
Many sports enthusiasts are well informed about the Swedish footballer’s life and career, but not much is known about his partner Helena who has been a pillar and support both professionally and at the homefront over the years. More so, besides their romantic life, not many are aware that Helena and Zlatan actually have a lot in common. Here are answers to frequently asked questions about the doting partner, mother, model, actor, and successful businesswoman.
Helena Seger – Bio, Age
Helena Seger was born in Lindesberg, Sweden on August 25, 1970. She and her two younger siblings Karin and Henrik are from a respectable family led by parents Ingemar and Margaret Seger. Helena is a goal getter and quite a rebel who left home at the young age of 13 to pursue her dreams. A fashion and dance enthusiast, Helena Seger is also no stranger to football. She not only played the sport in her youth but also dated footballers. Helena’s elementary academic records are not available but she is known to be a graduate of economics.
Helena Seger began fending for herself from age 13. Her first job was with a Swedish firm Gul & Blå and she followed up with several other jobs in different Swedish multinationals and transnational firms. Rising through the ranks and occupying executive positions, Helena has worked as a barmaid, a marketing and sales rep, and a marketing manager, among others.
Some notable companies she has worked with include Diesel, Replay, Rabbit, JC, Bonner, Corona and Hooch, Austria Tabak, Slakthuset, FlyMe, Swedish Match and Malaco Leaf. Endowed with alluring looks, Helena also worked as a model for some top fashion designer brands.
Family – Husband and Kids
Helena Seger is the longtime partner to mercurial striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swedish model and actress met the footballer for the first time in 2002 in the southern Swedish city of Malmö. Interestingly, their journey wasn’t exactly a smooth one as Helena initially rejected Zlatan’s advances because of his unflattering choice of words. However, their sweet differences have been the bond keeping them together since then.
The pair dated for about four years before welcoming their first son Maximilian in 2006. Two years later, their second son Vincent was born. It remains unclear if the pair have tied the knot as there are no official records to that effect except it was already done and kept under wraps.
A doting mother, Helena is not just a successful businesswoman but also a supportive wife. Also renowned for her elegant and modern fashions, Seger is often seen supporting her partner on the field and at other sporting events.
Facts about Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Wife
1. Helena Seger is 11 years older than her footballer husband Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
2. The 1.65-meter tall, blonde and fearsomely clever lady has been dubbed the ‘Queen Bee of French WAGS’ by Swedish tabloids.
3. Helena Seger is a refined, elegant and classy lady who is believed to be living a glamorous life of luxury. However, the successful businesswoman prefers to see herself as an unusual celebrity spouse and a country tomboy.
4. As an actress, part of Helena’s screen credits includes an appearance as Annika in the hit children show Solstollarna and its spin-off Cozmoz.
5. A health and fitness enthusiast, Helena maintains her amazing physique by weightlifting.
6. While working in the tobacco industry, Seger decided to broaden her knowledge scope by enrolling for variant programs in brand management, communication, and marketing. Prior to that and in between jobs, she also took fashion lessons in fabric embroidery and pattern design classes.
7. In addition to accompanying her husband Zlatan on tours and supporting him on the field during tournaments, Helena is an epicure who is passionate about cooking and eating delicious dishes with her family. During her teenage days, Helena apprenticed under Carl-Jan Granqvist where she was exposed to gourmet food and expensive red wines.
8. While Helena lives with her family in Los Angeles, California, she and her husband Zlatan are renowned real estate investors with various properties in different cities.