Once upon a time, getting a loan from a bank was one of the most difficult things to do, but things have changed a great deal, and this is evident in how easy it is to get loans from Access Bank. Gone are those days when one has to provide collateral to secure a loan, only to be bashed by an enormous interest rate that eventually sees them lose their valued possessions and get in deeper financial trouble.
Like most of the other reputable banks out there, Access Bank offers various kinds of loans that provide financial solutions to a wide range of problems. As you would soon learn, the requirements to get these loans are not cumbersome; most of them can be secured without collateral and with a fair interest rate designed to help the borrower pay back what they borrowed in a manner that is convenient.
From little things like getting a loan to purchase a mobile device to settling urgent bills, paying for school fees, boosting your business, and what have you, Access Bank loan packages are indeed robust and each is unique in the sense that it is tailored towards meeting a specific need. As such, it is only natural that each of the packages has unique criteria for accessing it.
Comprehensive List of Access Bank Loans and The Requirements For Accessing Them
Creative Sector Loan
In line with the initiative of the Central Bank in the country they operate, Access Bank offers the Creative Sector Loan with the aim of creating employment and building capacity in various sectors of the economy. These sectors include software engineering, fashion, music, information technology, movie production, and movie distribution. More than offering low-cost single-digit funding to businesses in the aforementioned sector with a flexible structure and payback plan, they also offer financial advice to help the borrowers attain their long-term business goals.
From what we gathered, the maximum interest rate for the Creative Sector Loan is 9% and the repayment period varies. For software engineering, the repayment period is a maximum of 3 years but 10 years for other sectors.
Requirements and How to Apply for the Creative Sector Loan
To apply for this loan, one has to provide the following:
- Business plan and its economic benefits
- 3 years financial projections of the business
- 3 years audited accounts of the business if the company is already in existence
- Statement of affairs if your company isn’t older than 3 years
- Your certificate of incorporation and brief on directors of the company
- A tax identification number and 2 credit reports for the company and its director/s
- Proposed schedule of fund disbursement and repayment
- Evidence of either a legal mortgage, all assets debenture, or personal guarantee
- A 30% contribution of the total project cost.
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Prepare your business plan and state how much you want for the business.
- Visit any Access Bank branch close to you and submit the document.
- Alternatively, you can apply online here and one of the bank’s relationships officers will contact you to guide you through the process.
AutoClub by Access
This loan was designed to help people purchase the cars of their dream and find solutions to their automobile needs; from vehicle purchase to maintenance and whatnot. Through this loan, Access Bank finances the purchase of a wide range of brand new or pre-owned vehicles at a competitive interest rate that’s financially convenient for the borrower in terms of repayment.
This loan is not only available for SMEs and Corporate bodies but salaried income people as well. The equity contribution required from the borrower is only 10 percent of the invoice value and its tenor is up to four years.
Requirements and How to Apply for The AutoClub Loan
The things required for applying for this loan is different for salary earners and business.
Requirements for SMEs and Corporates
- Company profile and audited accounts
- Bank statement/s
- Personal guarantee of the company’s director and a credible statement of net worth
- Resolution of the board if its a corporate establishment
Requirements for Salary Earners
- Recent six months evidence of salaries received
- Employment status confirmation from the employer
- A letter of introduction
You can apply online by filling the Interest Form here.
Lending Against Turnover (LATO)
This is probably the easiest of the available Access Bank loans to access. LATO was designed to provide financial assistance to customers of the bank who may have an urgent need for money. The package offers an instant loan for as much as N300,000 to even non-salary account holders as far as they have had a relationship with the bank for over six months.
No collateral is required to secure the loan, its tenor is 90 days, no documentation is required, and one can access it by visiting the bank or from the comfort of the home via a USSD code.
Requirements and Code for Securing The LATO Loan
- The only requirement for accessing this loan is that the borrower must be an Access Bank customer with a banking relationship with the bank for over six months.
- To get the loan, dial *901*11# or visit any Access Bank branch nearest to you.
- It must be noted that you will face a 1% penal charge per month for defaulting on the LATO loan.
PayDay Loan is to salary earners what LATO is to non-salary account holders. As the name suggests, this Access Bank loan was designed to provide financial assistance to salary earners who might have an emergency need to sort out before their next pay.
Like the LATO loan, it is easily accessible any time of the day. Its tenor is up to 31 days and no collateral or documentation is required. One can borrow up to 75% of their monthly salary which will be deducted from their next salary payment.
Requirements and Code for Getting The PayDay Loan
You are eligible for this loan if you meet the following requirements:
- You must not have any outstanding loan with Access Bank or other banks
- There must be evidence you received salary the previous month
- You must apply with a phone number linked to your BVN
One can apply for this loan through any of the following ways:
- The QuickBucks App available on Apple App Store and Google Playstore
- The Loan & Investments provision in the Access Mobile App
- Access Bank WhatsApp Banking channels and Internet Banking
- The USSD code *901*11*1#.
Bank loans are different in terms of purpose, payment plan, duration, etc. Just like a mortgage is aimed at financing a house purchase, personal loans are used for a wide range of purposes such as paying medical expenses, educational expenses, purchase of household items like food and appliances. In general, personal loans aim to raise an individual’s spending capability.
Access Bank personal loan comes with flexibility. It provides up to 75 percent of a person’s take-home salary or 50 percent of a person’s take-home salary for applicants with terminal benefits and applicants without terminal benefits respectively. This loan repayment can stretch up to 36 months.
Requirements and How to Apply for Personal Loan
To have access to the personal loan, the following are required:
- Completed employee status inquiry/employer’s confirmation form. This document confirms one’s status as an employee of any organization
- Evidence of confirmation – this can be your letter of last promotion or a letter of confirmation from your place of work.
- A copy of employment ID and any other valid means of identification.
Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Credit checks – this is your credit report to help the bank understand your financial behavior.
- Lastly, a completed application is required.
Customers that already have existing personal loans can be granted another loan provided they meet the below conditions:
- They must have paid down at least 50 percent of their existing loans
- They must have not missed any repayment in the past 6 months
- To apply for a Personal Loan, go to www.accessbankplc.com and fill the form online.
As the name suggests, this type of loan allows customers to borrow up to 200 percent of their monthly salary and pay it back for 6 months. For instance, you earn a total salary of N50,000; you can take up a loan of up to N100,000. Salary Advance (SADV) loan is a credit facility that is targeted at those who earn salaries and also meet the Bank’s Risk Acceptance Criteria (RAC).
A customer’s eligibility for this loan category can be affected if:
- They have an unpaid loan either in Access Bank or any other bank in Nigeria.
- They apply with a mobile number that is not linked to their BVN
- There is no proof of you receiving salary in the immediate past month
- They had taken previous digital loans and exceeded their eligibility amount.
- They have an active loan and the monthly repayment is higher than their eligible amount.
Requirements and How to Apply for Salary Advance Access Bank Loan
To apply for the SADV Loan, you must have an active account with Access Bank. You can request for SADV loan through any of the following ways:
- On your mobile phone, dial *901*11*12
- Download the QuickBucks App from Google Play Store or Apple App store.
Small Ticket Personal Loans
Small Ticket Personal Loan (STPL) is very similar to Salary Advance Loan but in this case, customers have access to up to 400 percent of their monthly take-home salary. For instance, a customer who earns N50,000 after tax and other deductions can take a loan amount up to N200,000 on the condition that they repay in 12 months from the start date.
This loan is an instant loan like the Salary Advance loan therefore, customers receive the specified amount immediately after completing the application as long as they meet the requirements.
Requirements and How to Apply for Small Ticket Personal Loans
To be eligible for this loan offer, you must not have any outstanding loans in Access Bank or any other Bank. You have to apply using the phone number linked to your BVN. There needs to be evidence that you received your salary in the immediate past month. Lastly, you must not have an existing loan that the monthly repayment is higher than your eligible amount.
Once you meet the requirements, you can request for Small Ticket Personal loan through the following ways:
- By dialing the code *901*11*1# and following the prompt
- Downloading the QuickBucks App available on Google Play Store or Apple App store
NB: It is important to take note that the loan amount will be deducted from any Bank Account that is linked to your BVN once you attempt to default the loan repayment on the due date.
Not every business out there can harness the power of investor’s confidence to secure or bring in more capital. Some of the challenges women face in business include lack of support and uneasy access to funding. For these reasons, this loan category was designed to decrease the gap in terms of financing for businesses owned by women (at least 50 percent). It provides them easy access to loans and credit facilities. This can be accessed in two ways:
- Term Loan: This category is mainly aimed at asset acquisition and infrastructure upgrades. Apply through this category if you want to buy machinery, equipment, and any other fixed assets needed for your business.
- Working Capital: This category is aimed at the purchase of raw materials or settling the daily operating expenses of the business. Applications are open for up to One Hundred Million Naira (N100,000,000) depending on the type of business and its risk rating.
Requirements and How to Apply for W-Power Loan
To have access to this loan, the business must have been in operation for at least a year. The following requirements apply:
- Ownership: All Tiers of this loan require female ownership of at least 50 percent
- Tenor: The loan repayment plan falls between 12 to 36 months.
- Minimum years of operation: At least 10 years, 5 years, 3 years, and 1 year of business operation is required for Tiers 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively.
- Maximum Loan: A maximum loan amount of N100M, N50M, N20M, and N5M applies to Tiers 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively.
- Re-instatement period for a time loan: Within 48 hours after the clean-up of the cycle.
- To apply for W-Power Loan, go to www.accessbankplc.com and fill the application form online.
Advance For School Fees Loans
Like Benjamin Franklin said: “An investment in knowledge pays the best yield”. Access Bank considers education as the most important investment one can make hence the need to provide a credit facility targeted at education.
Access Bank’s Advanced for School Fees scheme is tailored for parents that need a short-term loan to cover their children’s tuition fees. This can also be used to finance undergraduate study, postgraduate study, and professional examinations.
Features of Advance for School Fees Access Bank Loan
- It has an easy application process
- Loan repayment is spread over the period of 4 to 6 months
- It has a credit life insurance of 0.0 percent
- It attracts a management fee of 1 percent only
- The interest rate for this loan is fixed at 18 percent per annum.
Requirements and How to Apply for Advance for School Fees Loan
- For Salaried Customers:
- A valid ID card and a recent Utility Bill of not more than 3 months old
- School fees bill or invoice in the student’s name containing the total fee amount
- Duly accepted offer letter
- Duly completed Application form.
- For Non-Salaried Customer:
- All documents listed for salaried customers are required plus the following documents:
- 1-year bank statement of corporate account
- CAC documents
- Evidence of lien on treasury bill or fixed deposit on any money market investment
- Receipt of acceptable guarantee
- Statement of net-worth of guarantor
- All documents listed for salaried customers are required plus the following documents:
Additional Documents for Out of Bank
- Executed NIBBS mandate form
- Payslips and 6 months statement
- Acceptable party guarantee of personal or corporate.
To apply for this loan, follow the process listed below.
- Download the attached forms from www.accessbankplc.com and fill them in with accurate information
- Append your electronic signature. To do this, simply download any scanner app on your phone, then scan your signature and save it as an image. Copy the scanned image and paste it on the form.
- Send your completed form and all required documents to [email protected]
Mobile phone usage in Nigeria has risen over the years, with about 50 percent of Nigeria’s population actively using the internet, and around 90 percent of Nigeria’s population owning a mobile phone. Today, owning a mobile phone has become a lot easier with Access Bank Device Financing that comes with free airtime bundle on MTN.
This type of loan provides brand new devices to eligible customers that meet the requirements. Several devices can be selected based on a customer’s eligible amount and customers are eligible for up to 33 percent of their annual salary up to a maximum of N500,000.
Device Finance loan does not require collateral and it has a repayment period of up to 12 months.
Requirements and How to Apply for Device Finance Loan
To be eligible for this loan offer, a customer is only required to be a salary earner or a corps member who meets the Bank’s Risk Acceptance Criteria. You can apply for this loan through the following process:
- Download the QuickBucks app from Google Playstore or Apple App store.
- Enter your email address and the phone number linked to your BVN
- Verify your phone number using the OTP sent to your phone
- Create an app password for logging in to the app and a PIN for transactions
- Input your personal details and agree to terms and conditions
- Click on “Device Finance” and select the mobile phone of your choice. Fill in the required details.
- Click on “Get this Device” and accept the terms and conditions
- You will receive a transaction code via email with additional information for device pick-up.
(MHSS) Maternal Health Service Support (MHSS) Loan
Infertility in Nigeria can be considered to be on a high level compared to other regions in Africa. Families have opted for Assistance Reproductive Technology (ART) to treat problems associated with infertility. This involves mating a man’s sperm and a woman’s egg outside their bodies when the woman’s body is not favorable to 9 months pregnancy. Some women are required to undergo multiple cycles of ART depending on the outcome of previous ones, this method of treating infertility is very expensive especially for low-income earners.
For this reason, Access Bank created a Maternal Health Service Support Loan for women undergoing Hysterectomy, Myomectomy, Orthopaedic, weight loss procedures, etc. This loan is characterized by its low-interest rate, zero loan fees, and flexible repayment plan. Access Bank has partnered with a health management company to provide a 30% refund on unsuccessful IVF procedures.
Requirements and How to Apply for Maternal Health Service Support
Just like other loan applications, individuals are required to provide the following when applying for the Maternal Health Service Support Loan:
- Medical Bill
- Completed MHHS application form
- Employer’s confirmation (A letter confirming your status as an employee in an organization or your last promotion letter)
- A valid means of Identification
- Credit check
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Domiciliation of Salaries/Business Proceeds
- To apply for this loan, go to www.accessbankplc.com and complete the form
As the name suggests, this Access Bank loan was designed to render financial assistance to people for the acquisition of properties. It doesn’t matter if the property is ready or under construction, Access Bank would provide the loan for it as long as the requirements are met.
Available to both business entrepreneurs and salary earners, the loan is provided for properties in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt. It requires a minimum of 30% equity contribution, comes with asset protection & Credit life insurance, and its tenor lasts for up to 10 years.
Requirements and How to Apply for Home Loans
- A completed mortgage application form
- Credit checks
- Employer’s confirmation form/Employee Status Inquiry
- Search report
- Letter of offer from the property seller
- Valuation report from any of the Bank’s approved estate valuer
- Title document of the property
- To apply, contact the customer care of any Access Bank branch and they will guide you through the process.
Easy Buy Finance with GAC Motors
This Access Bank loan is just like the AutoClub By Access loan. The only difference is that it is meant for GAC Motors. Through this loan package, one can get a new GAC car for as low as N240,000 monthly. With an interest rate of 15.5% per annum, the repayment can be spread over 4 years (48 months).
Requirements and How to Apply for Easy Buy Finance with GAC Motors
- For Business Owners
- A valid means of identification
- A Pro-forma Invoice in the name of “Access Bank Plc/Customer”
- Bank Statements from other banks
- Recent 2-year audited/management account
- Personal Guarantee of a director of the company (for corporates only)
- Board Resolution (for corporates only)
- For Salaried Customers
- A valid means of identification
- A Pro-forma Invoice in the name of “Access Bank Plc/Customer”
- Lette of introduction
- Domiciliation of salary account with Access Bank
- Employer’s Confirmation and Undertaking Form
- Recent Pay Slips/Salary Bank Statement