Things are changing every day and banking activities are no exception. Banking halls will continue to see the influx of people diminish as everyone seeks an easy way of doing things. Gone are the days when we walk into the bank merely to make deposits, transfers, withdrawals, or even submit a complaint ticket. Technology has proven to be cost-efficient to businesses and has provided a means of achieving better results faster than usual. Today, things are taking a new turn as banks have devised a means through the use of technology; from paying bills to transferring money to family and friends and buying airtime.
Access Bank is one of the leading financial institutions in Nigeria that boasts 31 million customers and more than 600 branches and service outlets in over 12 countries. This places it in a good position in Africa in terms of customer base. Some of the benefits in enrolling on Access Bank’s internet banking service are:
- Customers can now check their account balances easily on their phones
- Customers can send money at the comfort of their homes
- Customers can buy airtime and pay bills directly from their phones
- Customers can even resolve issues directly from their Bank’s mobile app
Procedure and Requirements To Sign Up For Access Bank Internet Banking Service
Enrolling for Access Bank online banking does not require any monthly or periodic fee, however, regular transaction charges apply. To register, following these simple steps below.
- Visit www.accessbankplc.com on any internet-enabled device
- At the top right-hand corner, click on Internet Banking (Individual), and proceed
- Enter your valid Current/Saving Account number & submit
- Authentication will be sent to your email address and your mobile phone via SMS
- You will be asked to enter the Activation Code & submit
- Once a valid activation code has been entered you will be taken to the next screen where you can choose your ID, Password, and Secure Image.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and submit.
- Congratulations, you are ready to Log on to Access Online Banking
A Comprehensive List of Access Bank Online Banking Channels
Access Bank online banking can be accessed through the access bank website, access bank mobile App, using the USSD code, and through Whatsapp banking.
To access the internet banking service, go to the Access Bank website on www.accessbankplc.com and click on the “Internet Banking” tab. Or visit the direct internet webpage on https://ibank.accessbankplc.com/RetailBank/. Enter your internet banking ID as ‘username’ and proceed, then enter your internet banking password to access your account balance.
To fully utilize the services on access bank internet bank, you need to acquire the bank’s Hard/Soft Token at the rate of N1500 only. This can be done by visiting any access bank branch close to you.
Access Mobile App
Have you ever fancied having your banking services at a go? The mobile app provides you a wide range of financial services. From checking account balance, making fund transfers, paying a utility bill, buying airtime, and more. Before you can use the mobile app, you need to sign up for online banking. Refer to the sets above to obtain your online banking username and password that will be used on the mobile app.
The mobile app can be downloaded from the Google play store for android users and the Apple app store for iPhone users.
How to Register on the Mobile App and Check Account Balance
- After installing the mobile app, open it and make sure your location is set to Nigeria then tap on the signup button.
- Input your account number and proceed, and wait for an authentication code to be sent to your email and your phone number.
- However, if you already have a registration code, click on the button and input the code to proceed
- There is also a step to initiate account opening (this is for new customers, skip this step if you are an existing customer)
- Type in your 10 digit account number and click continue. Enter the authentication code sent to you by email or SMS.
- To complete the registration, enter your unique user ID obtained from the bank. This is the same as the username for internet banking (access online).
- Choose a new password to be used for logging in to the app and input your phone number.
- Input a referral code if you were invited by another user
- Type in a secret question and answer. This is used to recover your account or to verify your identity.
- Click on continue to complete your registration and you are set to start using the mobile app.
- There is a provision for checking your balance in the app, just click on it.
Access Bank Mobile Money (USSD Code Banking)
This is also referred to as Access Money. This brings banking to your fingertips as you can conduct basic banking transactions such as checking your account balance, confirm beneficiary details, buy airtime, all by dialing a code on any network provider.
One good advantage of this service over the others is that you do not need a high-end smartphone to enroll. Any mobile phone with the ability to make calls and send text messages can be used for mobile money.
Another advantage is that users can efficiently carry out secure transactions through a simplified transaction process. Follow the steps listed below to activate the USSD code function on your bank account.
- Dial *901# on any mobile phone with the ability to make and receive calls.
- On the list of options available, select any transaction type eg transfer.
- You will be asked to create a pin using either a debit card or a debit card.
- To use a debit card, Input the last 6 digits on your debit card, then input your bank account number and proceed to create your 4 digit pin
- Without a debit card, input your date of birth, then input your bank account number and proceed to create your 4 digit pin. Congratulations you are ready to transact.
How to Check Your Account Balance Using the USSD Code and SMS
To check your account balance on your phone, dial *901#. On the list of options, select ‘check balance’ or send an SMS in the following format: BAL(Space)Account Number. For example “BAL 0053915624”. Send to 08160000612
Access WhatsApp Banking
WhatsApp is a social media platform that has seen an increased number of users over the years and businesses will continue to target the platform as a means of reaching their customers. Access bank is leveraging on the real-time messaging capabilities of WhatsApp to provide its customers instant financial services such as balance inquiry, airtime top-up, fund transfer, and more.
How to use Access WhatsApp Banking and Check Account Balance
To connect to WhatsApp banking, you need to add the phone number +234 9090 901 901 as a contact on your phone. Thereafter, take the following steps:
- Send ‘Hi’ as a message to the number
- A menu will appear for you to select an option.
- Select ‘Register’
- Input your first and last name
- Input your email address
- Input your Access Bank Account Number
- And congratulations, your registration is complete!
- Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed.
- Opt for checking your Access Bank account balance and that’s it.