With Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya, banking services have been made easily accessible as the financial institution now leverages mobile banking to bring the bank closer to the people. Accessing your bank account balance is now a few clicks away as all you need to do is to get an internet-enabled device, download the app, or leverage the USSD. While the app will require you to have some data on your phone, the USSD only needs users to have a little credit balance to access their account balance and more.
Apart from checking your account balance, customers are also afforded the opportunity to check their loan balances via mobile banking. All these transactions attracted some charges in the past, however, Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya decided to have all mobile access fees scrapped. Their aim is to promote the use of their mobile banking services. Continue reading to get the full details.
Steps to Follow When Checking Your Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya Account Balance on Phone
Co-operative Bank of Kenya has made life a bit easy for their customers; it is possible to track banking activities despite the time of the day and your location. This service will benefit people who are averse to visiting the bank and those whose daily schedule is always busy. Another set of people that are set to benefit are the remote customers who previously had to make long and expensive trips to get to the nearest bank branch. Now, you can sit in the comfort of your home and check your Cooperative Bank balance. The requirements to do this are a device that has access to the internet or some credit balance if you want to use the USSD method.
It is either you use the MCo-op Cash App or the quick access USSD codes. With these two ways, you can easily settle bills, access your funds, and perform other banking transactions via your phone. Compared to your usual Kwa Jirani agents and Automated Teller Machines, these access channels are considered to be more accessible, besides, there is no need to be apprehensive about using them for the first time as they have proved to be user-friendly.
While many would prefer to check their Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya account balance with the aid of a phone, it is also important for them to know about the possibility of checking their balances via Internet Banking. With internet banking, customers will be able to do a whole lot more like cash transfers, bulk payments, cheques management with Co-op Net, and of course real-time bank balance checks. Once you register, the bank will provide you with the credentials to log in and enjoy all the aforementioned services.
Checking Your Co-Operative Bank Balance with the App
If you have an internet-enabled device like an IOS or Android mobile phone, accessing vital banking information is just a few clicks away and it is all secure. You would, however, have to first download, install, as well as activate your MCo-op Cash App before following these easy steps.
- Connect your device to the internet and then open/launch the MCo-op Cash App
- Log in securely by punching in your MCo-op PIN
- On the homepage where the ‘All Services’ tab is quite visible, click ‘Check Balance‘
- Follow all the prompts that will begin to come up and you will receive your account balance notification in no time at all.
Checking Your Co-operative Bank Balance with USSD
As a Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya account holder, how do you use USSD to access your account balance? The answer to this question is very easy and straight forward. It is an offline process that only requires a user to have a little credit balance on their phone. However, before you can enjoy this service, you must have a Co-operative bank balance check cell phone number that has been linked with the bank. With all these in place, use the following steps to access your balance via USSD
- On the phone that is linked to your bank account, dial *667#
- You will then be required to punch in your MCo-op account PIN.
- From the subsequent present menu, select ‘Balance‘.
- The next option to choose is either ‘MCoop Cash‘ or ‘Coop Bank Account‘
- Now, select your bank account
- You will then receive a message from Cooperative Bank with a summary of your account balance
Hi @kathush Dial *667#, select balance, Select Mcoop cash or coop bank account option, Select bank account, receive SMS notification. ^FMM
— Co-op Bank Kenya (@Coopbankenya) January 15, 2015
What To Do If You Lose Your MCo-op Account PIN
If for any reason you lose your MCo-op account PIN, you can retrieve it by going through the following steps.
- Dial *667#
- Reply with 1 for having forgotten your PIN
- Select ‘option 1‘ to continue by accepting the terms and conditions
- Provide your National ID or Passport Number
- Two options will be subsequently made available to you. The first will be to reset the PIN via MPesa Transaction while the second option will be to call the Contact Center (0703 027 000).
If you decide to use the second option, the Contact Center agent will assist you to retrieve your PIN. If you, however, select the first option which is to reset the PIN via M-Pesa transaction, follow these instructions to complete it with ease.
- You will be required to transfer Ksh 1 to your Co-operative account via an M-Pesa pop up screen for verification that you are the account owner.
- Once you transfer the amount, the system will send you a six-digit One Time PIN password to help you access your account.
- Redial *667# and then use your temporary password to access your account.
- At this point, you will be able to reset your banking PIN to recover full access to your account.
Are There Any Costs To Checking My Co-Operative Balance on My Phone?
Previously, the Co-Operative Bank Of Kenya imposed some balance inquiry rates on their mobile banking customers. The mobile access fee ranged from Ksh 5 to Ksh 35 depending on the means of access used by the customer.
That has, however, become a thing of the past as the bank decided to scrap these fees in a bid to encourage clients to use their mobile banking services. This is a good promotional scheme as mobile banking accounts for at least 89% of their transactions.
Procedure for Checking a Loan Balance
Customers who are enjoying credit facilities with Cooperative Bank can follow these simple steps to know the amount they still owe.
- Dial *667# to use the USSD option or open/launch your MCo-op Cash App where you will be able to access your account once you log in.
- Click on the ‘Loan‘ option
- Select ‘Loan Enquiries‘
- Tap on ‘Loan Balance‘
- Follow the ensuing prompts and your loan account balance will appear on your phone.