Ecobank is one of the biggest and richest banks in Nigeria with customers and branches in all 36 states of Nigeria. The bank has numerous banking and financial services it offers to customers and even in this age of stiff competition from different commercial banks, they are not relenting in making their services better and convenient for their customers to bank with them, irrespective of where they are. One of the primary things these customers have is their Ecobank account number and as common as it may seem, some people at some point may be lost on what their account number is and how to retrieve it. Here’s a thorough guide on this and everything you need to know about the Ecobank USSD code.
Different Ways To Check Your Ecobank Account Number
If you already have an account with Ecobank but don’t know how to check your account number, there are different ways you can achieve this, including USSD code, through the app, or by using the ATM.
Using Ecobank USSD Code To Check Your Account Number
This is one easy and smart way to check your Ecobank account number without having to leave the comfort of your home or step into a banking hall. All you need to do is to carry out these few steps on your mobile.
- Dial *326*0# on your mobile device with the phone number registered in your Ecobank account.
- An instruction pops up on your screen asking you to input your 4 digit PIN to authenticate your account. Do so and proceed. You must have generated the PIN before now.
- Your account number will then be displayed on your screen.
Note that before you can make use of the Ecobank USSD code, as a first-timer, you must first register the code on your mobile line.
You can register your line on the USSD code by following the steps below;
- Dial *326#
- Click 2 to activate code
- Next, follow the instructions given. Then you’re good to go.
Using an ATM
An Automated Teller Machine card is also an alternative way to check your account number. To use the ATM, you have to step out of your home to the nearest Ecobank outlet near you and you must have an active ATM card. Follow these steps to know your account number;
- Insert your card and enter your PIN
- Some service options will pop up on the screen
- Select, check account balance, and it’ll be displaced right in front of you.
Ecobank Mobile Application Method
Ecobank mobile app will help reveal your account number, fast and easily without visiting the bank. To use the bank’s mobile app, you must first download it on your mobile device. Once you activate and log in to the app, click on the profile section and your account number and balance will be readily displayed on the home screen.
Sending an SMS requesting your account number is super easy and fast. You get an instant reply. With the phone number registered with your account, send NUBAN to 0806ECOBANK (08063262265) and you’ll receive a positive response, displaying your account number on your phone screen.
The Easiest Way To Find Your Ecobank Account Balance
You don’t have to go to the ATM before you discover what is left in your Ecobank account, nor do you have to call any of the customer care representatives to confirm your balance. The good news is that you can easily achieve this via Ecobank USSD code and SMS. With the Ecobank mobile banking service, which is a digital platform set up by the bank, you can achieve so much.
Use Ecobank USSD Code For Checking Your Account Balance
The Ecobank USSD code is *326#. You can dial this code on your phone to send and receive money, and also carry out other financial transactions. Note that for the code to be effective, you’ve to register for mobile banking by dialing the code and following the instructions displayed on your screen.
Steps for Checking Your Account Balance Using Ecobank USSD Code
Using the phone number registered in your account number, you can check your account balance on your phone without connecting to the internet.
- Dial *326*0# with the phone number registered in your Ecobank account.
- Displayed on your screen is the directive to enter your mobile PIN or the 4 digits on your ATM Visa or Mastercard to confirm your request.
- Your account balance will be successfully displayed on your screen.
Your registered phone number must be activated for mobile banking for the service to be successful. Also, note that you’ll be charged a fee of N20 for this service, as against what other banks charge which is N10.
Use Ecobank Mobile App To Check Your Account Balance
Using the Ecobank mobile application is another way to know the balance in your account. If you don’t have the app on your phone, you’ll need to visit the Google play store or Apple app store to download it, then log in with your Ecobank account details. Once logged in, your account balance will be displayed right there on your screen.
Check Your Ecobank Account Balance Online
To access this service, you must be connected to the internet. If your connection is quite awesome, then you can proceed with the steps below;
- Visit the official Ecobank website, https://www.ecobank.com/
- Options like ‘Login to Internet Banking’ will be displayed on the right menu.
- Click either the ‘personal,’ ‘corporate,’ or ‘omni’ button to log in to your online account.
- Click on ‘English’ as your main language. Use your Ecobank details to log in to your account.
- Enter your user ID which is unique to you and click ‘Continue.’
- Enter your password and confirm your account either via picture or message.
- Your account information will be used to monitor your transactions and track your spendings.
- Two options will be given to you, Account Summary or Account Activity underneath.
Why You Need To Know Your Ecobank Account Number
The account number is a set of digits uniquely assigned to an individual account holder. It’s an identification number issued by different banks to each of their customers’ accounts. Knowing Ecobank your account number is very crucial in every transaction. With your account number, you can:
- Send and receive money around the globe.
- Make payment for goods and services online.
- Purchase airtime for yourself and others.
- Make subscriptions and buy data.
- Check your account balance and every other statement from Ecobank.
For the most part, your transactions with Ecobank are made easy, faster, and reliable. You don’t have to visit the banking hall to see an agent.