The modern banking system has made performing transactions and accessing information about previous transactions hassle-free. In this light, Fidelity Bank Nigeria has provided its customers with different ways they can check their account balance and also transfer funds without needing to go to the bank. This article will guide you on how to use these services.
Different Ways To Check Your Fidelity Bank Nigeria Account Balance
There are different options available to customers who wish to know how much they have left in the bank. These options include doing it remotely at the convenience of where you are or going all out to the bank. Summarily, you can check your Fidelity Bank Nigeria account balance through any of these means;
- Bank App
- USSD Code
- ATM Card
- At the Bank
Check Your Account Balance Online
As it is with all the big banks in Nigeria, Fidelity Bank also has an online banking application. Using the bank website to check your balance is usually a favorable option when you have not downloaded the app, or have not activated your USSD code.
Steps For Checking Your Fidelity Bank Nigeria Account Balance Online
- Firstly, log in on to the bank site – www.fidelitybank.ng
- The interface that appears will have the instruction “LOGIN TO ONLINE BANKING” written not too far from the top, in capital letters as shown above. Click on this instruction to move to the next page
- On this next page, you are expected to fill in your username and password in the spaces provided, after which you click on “Sign In” to access other options (This is people who have used the site before and have already registered these details).
- For new users, there is an option just below the “Sign In” instruction that reads “New Account? Register Here”. Click on it to get redirected to the next page.
- A page with three simple registration steps will appear. After reading the instructions, scroll to the bottom and click on get started.
- Next, input your account number in the space provided and validate your identity. A code will be sent to the phone number with which you created the account. Confirm your identity using the code.
- After that, set up your desired username and password (use details you will be able to remember whenever you want to login). Also, you will have to create secret questions and answers in case you need to reset your password in the future.
- Finally, activate your profile using the prompt displayed.
- The next detailed interface provides users with different options, including checking account balance. (if you wish to perform other transactions, set up a transaction pin under the “Settings” menu).
The best part of using online access is that you can access your desired information on any device that has an internet connection, be it a PC, mobile phone, or tablet at any time of the day.
Use The Bank Mobile App
Particularly designed for portable devices, the Fidelity Bank Nigeria mobile app aids customers perform bank transactions while on the move. Apart from checking their balance, they can also send money and pay bills without needing to leave where they are. This app can be used on smartphones and tablets. You can get the android app here or the apple equivalent depending on the operating system of your phone.
How To Use The Fidelity Bank Nigeria Mobile App to Check Your Account Balance
- When you open the app, scroll to the bottom of the interface and click on “Sign Up”
- Next, input all the required details and follow the instructions displayed.
- Enter the phone number or email address with which you registered your account.
- Input the verification code sent to your email or phone number.
- When you have completed the required procedure, the interface that comes up shows different transaction options, including: Account, Transfer, Bill Payment, Airtime Purchase, etc. Click on “Account” to view your balance.
- If you have signed in to the account before, simply input your username and password after you have opened the app, and follow other instructions to view your balance.
- In case you have any challenges with signing in and using the app, you can visit the bank’s customer service for assistance.
You Can Also Use USSD Code
What distinguishes the use of USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) from online and mobile app access is that the former does not require internet access unlike the other two. This means that you don’t need a smartphone to check your balance; just any cell phone will do. However, ensure that the phone number in the phone is the one you used in opening the account, else, you will not be able to carry out the operation.
The USSD code for Fidelity Bank is *770#, but you need to activate this service before you can use it to perform transactions.
Steps On How To Use The Fidelity USSD to Check Your Account Balance
- *770# is a general code that can be modified depending on the operation or transaction to be carried out.
- To check how much money you have in your account, dial *770*0# and follow the instructions to see your balance.
- It is important to note that making a balance inquiry with Fidelity bank USSD code attracts N20 bank charge. The old fee was N10.
Use an ATM
You can also know your current account balance using an ATM. Simply insert your debit card and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Usually, you will be required to input your four-digit ATM pin which you chose during activation of the card.
- Several transaction options will appear, alongside an option to check your balance.
- Select it and choose the correct option for any other instruction that may appear.
- It is better to check your balance using a Fidelity bank ATM to avoid possible charges that may apply with using other banks.
Request for Bank Alerts
When setting up an account, you will be asked whether or not you need alerts for every transaction you perform. It is better to apply for the alerts so that you can receive notification messages that describe your last transaction and what is left as your balance. However, these notifications come with monthly charges.
If for any reason, you did not request to receive alerts at the time of opening your account, you can go to the bank and make inquiries on how to request for it so that you can automatically know how much you have left after every transaction.
Visit or Call the Bank
If you want to use a traditional method, placing a call or visiting the customer service of Fidelity bank are possible ways to know your account balance. You can call their customer service number – 014485252 to get the help you need, or visit the bank in person.
However, the previous options discussed are available 24/7 and are more convenient compared to visiting or calling the bank.
Making Transfers with The Fidelity Bank Nigeria *770# USSD Code
The USSD code, *770# can be used for other transactions such as fund transfer, bill payment and airtime/mobile data purchase, in addition to checking one’s account balance. However, it is important that you activate the code to be able to use it as desired.
How to Activate Fidelity Bank Nigeria USSD Code
- Firstly, dial *770*00# using the phone number with which you opened your account.
- Type in the last four digits of your ATM/debit card number
- Choose and input a four-digit pin with which you will authorize future transactions
- You will receive a message confirming that the activation was successful.
How to Transfer Money with the *770# Code
- Simply dial *770*AccountNumber*Amount#
- For example, if you are making a transfer of N2,000 to the account number, 0042163910, you will dial *770*0042163910*2000#. Remember to use the phone number with which you registered the account.
- Next, a list of banks will be displayed. Choose the appropriate bank name of the beneficiary.
- Finally, validate account details and put in your PIN to confirm the transaction.
Note: If you registered two accounts (current and savings) with the same phone number, the current account will be debited for the transaction first. Also, the maximum amount transferable per transaction for Fidelity bank is N10,000 while the maximum daily limit is N20,000. Similarly, bank charges apply; N10 for transfers of N5,000 and below while those above N5,000 are charged at N25.