Gone are the days when people print out their account numbers or even write them out on a piece of paper just for future reference. It is no longer the case today due to how easy it has become to operate a bank account. Banks provide various types of accounts for different banking operations. Whether you operate a current account, a savings account, or even a fixed deposit account, knowing your account balance and your personal bank account number is important. It can save you time as you don’t have to locate a bank to know your account number or your bank balance. This applies to all of the banks in Nigeria but the procedure for checking them might differ. To check your Union Bank account number and balance, follow the guidelines below.
Getting Your Union Bank Account Number and Balance
Your Union Bank Account number will always be required for any transaction you want to carry out with the bank from your account. It doesn’t matter if you physically visit the bank or want to carry out the transaction from the comfort of your home or office through the online banking platform of the bank, your account number would be required of you.
For whatever reason, if you have misplaced your account number or can’t recall it, there are two ways to go about it. First, you can visit any branch of the bank closest to you and ask for your account number with details like your name and a valid means of identification. This is the only way out if you are not registered for Union Bank mobile/online banking.
How To Get Your Account Number and Balance Through SMS
If you are registered for Union Bank mobile banking, you can get your account number through an SMS with the phone number attached to the account; that is, the number you used to open the account.
To get your account number, type in the word ‘BAL’ as an SMS and send it to 20123. You will receive a text message that contains your account number.
It is important to note that this can only be done using the phone number linked to your union bank account.
How Do I Check My Union Bank Account Balance on My Phone?
Due to advancements in technology, it has become very easy to check your bank account balance without going into a banking hall. The conventional way to know your account balance is by inquiring in the bank or using an ATM machine; we will explore other ways to do that easily. With your phone, You can check your union bank account balance through internet banking, the mobile App, and a dedicated USSD code.
SMS Alerts Is The Most Consistent Way to Get Your Union Bank Account Balance
Most bank users are subscribed to the SMS alert service of their bank, this helps them receive credit and debit alerts directly to their phones. One advantage this service has is that each transaction alert carries the customer’s bank balance.
Once you are subscribed to receive alerts on your phone, it is by far the easiest way to check your account balance. All you need to do is to find the SMS from your bank and check your account balance.
Aside from checking your bank balance from SMS alerts, below are several ways and steps to follow in order to check your account balance:
How to Check your Union Bank Account Balance Online
As a new user, you are required to register on the Union Bank online banking portal to access the online services. You can get your balance through it, and the following are the procedure to follow:
- Visit www.unionbankng.com from any internet-enabled phone
- Click on “Internet Banking”
- Click on the option provided to sign up
- Type in your account number and click continue
- Enter the One Time password (OTP) that will be sent to your phone
- Choose your unique username and password, confirm your details and click submit.
- You can now log in with your chosen username and password to access your account balance.
Union Bank Account Balance Code and How to Use It
The union bank account balance code is an SMS banking service that allows you to carry out banking operations on any SMS-enabled phone. Checking your account balance via USSD code requires you to register for the USSD banking service. The registration is free and only needs to be done once on the phone number that is linked to your union bank account.
To register for this service, dial *826# and create a PIN to help secure your account. Alternatively, you could directly dial *826*5# for pin setting. To check your union bank account balance using the USSD code, follow the steps below:
- On the phone number linked to your union bank account, dial *826*4#
- Type in the last four digits of your debit card or your USSD banking PIN
- On completion of these steps, you will receive a text message containing your account balance.
How to Check Your Union Bank Account Balance Using The Mobile App
Just like most banks, Union Bank allows its customers to check their account balance on the bank’s mobile App. To enjoy this service, you first need to download the App and register your details on it.. Follow the steps below to register on the Union Bank mobile App:
- Download the UnionMobile App
- Open it, read and agree to the terms and conditions of using the App.
- Type in your account number and wait for a few minutes. An OTP will be sent to the phone number you connected to your account.
- Enter the OTP on the mobile App.
- Choose a username and password to be used on the App.
- Choose a new transaction and finally submit the form.
Congrats! You have successfully enrolled on the UnionMobile App. Log in and your account balance will be displayed to you.
How to Check Your Balance Through an ATM
In addition to all the ways customers can conveniently check their account balance from the comfort of their homes, some still utilize the option of checking their account balance on an ATM.
This is one simple and straightforward way to know the content of your bank account when other methods are not available. To check your account balance on an ATM follow the steps listed below:
- Locate any ATM close to you
- Insert your card into the machine
- Type in your four-digit PIN and press enter
- From the listed options on the machine, simply select “Check Balance” and wait a few seconds. Your account balance will be displayed.