Customers of GTBank who wish to experience the 360 banking experience from the comfort of their homes and offices can sign on to the Guarantee Trust Bank internet banking services. The portal launches customers into a world with no limits and its state-of-the-art technology offers you unrestricted access to your GTBank accounts, allowing you to conveniently perform above 90 percent of all your transactions online in real-time.
While it’s easy to navigate through the internet banking platform, you need to go through some processes to set it up before you can safely carry out certain transactions using the internet and your device.
How Do I Login to GTBank Internet Banking?
To access internet banking services from GTBank, customers must generate their personal login details comprising of user ID and password.
How To Get My Login Details
While opening an account, GTBank usually profiles all customers for internet banking from the onset and forwards the login details to the customer. However, those who didn’t receive their user ID and password can do the following:
- Visit www.gtbank.com
- On the internet banking tab, click on the “Register Button”
- Or you can leverage the phone number linked to your account to dial *737*6*5#
- Once you get the password, ensure you change it within a couple of hours
Login to GTBank Internet Banking Portal
Once you have succeeded in changing your password to something you can remember. Go back to the portal to enter your user ID and Password and you will have access to all the amazing internet banking services offered by Guarantee Trust Bank. This 360 banking experience can be accessed from any spot around the globe.
Important to note that the portal is always at your service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except when the bank is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Customers are usually informed beforehand.
Internet banking gives you access to all your accounts with GTBank and you are permitted to carry out basic transactions such as;
- Balance inquiry
- View transaction details
- Access your account statement, you can also download and print
- Update personal details
- Password change
Cash-based transactions can only be enabled upon a customer’s request. They include;
- Funds transfer both in-house and other banks
- Bills payment
- Cash and draft in transit request
- Cheque book request, cheque confirmation, and stop a cheque
- Standing order, both to Guarantee Trust Bank and other banks
What is an Account Upgrade?
Account upgrade simply means advancing your account to a plan that permits a higher usage limit. In GTBank, the plans are referred to as tier 1 (with 200k balance limit), tier 2 (with 400k balance limit), and tier 3 (with limitless deposit and balance). People go into the banking halls to do their account upgrade but it can also be done online.
Why People Need to Upgrade Accounts
The right question to ask here is why do customers open accounts that will need to be upgraded in the first place? The question will be best answered by drawing an instance from younger people like students who don’t have the required documentation to open a tier 3 account. Rather than going without a bank account, this category of people has the option of opening a GTbank Instant Account or a student account (GTCrea8 account). When they have their full documentations in the future, such people can now go for an account upgrade
The Requirement for Upgrading to GTBank Tier 2 Account
- A means of identification
Requirements For Upgrading To A GTBank Tier 3 Account
- BVN (bank verification number)
- Means of identification – NIN, Driver’s License, International Passport, Permanent Voter’s Card, and the likes
- Passport photograph
- Current utility bill
Ways to Upgrade Your GTBank Account
There are just two ways to upgrade an account in GTBank – by being physically present at the banking hall or visiting the online portal
By Being Physically Present at The Bank
Going to a branch of GTBank is the option best suited for customers that are yet to register for internet banking. Once you are in the banking hall;
- Request for an account upgrade from the customer service personnel, let the CSO know whether you have an instant account or a student account.
- The CSO gives you a hard copy of an account upgrade form to fill out.
- Peruse the form and fill out all the necessary fields with your personal info. Avoid areas that are not applicable to you as an individual; like the employment section, people that are unemployed are not expected to populate that field. In case you get confused, get clarification from the CSO. Also, indicate the tier you are upgrading to – whether tier 2 or tier 3.
- Give your form a once-over to ensure that all the details are accurately filled and submit it to the CSO alongside the required documents. If you don’t have an ATM, you will be charged N1,000 for it. In addition, account holders ought to fund their account with at least N1,000 to stop it from going into dormancy.
- The process takes less than an hour and your account is upgraded. If your upgrade is to tier 2, then you can deposit up to N400,000, but if it is tier 3, there is no limit on deposit.
Doing the GTBank Account Upgrade Online
Customers who are already enjoying internet banking services from the bank have no need to visit GTBank branches to upgrade their accounts as it can be done from the comfort of your home.
- Make sure that your device has internet data or you can leverage a Wi-Fi connection
- Visit the bank’s website here. Navigate to the self-service portal and enter “Account Upgrade”. It will request details like your GTBank account number (NUBAN) and Bank Verification Number. Enter both numbers and hit the “Submit Button”
- You will be required to fill in your preferred tier 1, 2, 3, if you happen to have all the required documentation for an upgrade, your best bet is to go for tier 3 and enjoy unlimited deposits and withdrawals.
- In a bid to verify the upgrade, the system automatically generates an OTP and sends to your registered number. Enter the OTP in the space provided.
- If you are going with the tier 3 upgrade, then, you must attach the required documents (utility bill, marriage certificate, newspaper publication, regulatory ID Card). Submit by tapping the “Submit Button”.
- If everything is in order, the bank will notify you about the account upgrade, and going forward, you will be allowed to accommodate unlimited funds into your account.