Of all the tariff plans offered by Globacom, the leading telecommunications company in Nigeria, the Glo Yakata tariff is arguably considered the best. Customers claim this to be accurate due to the sheer amount of benefits they enjoy by subscribing to the tariff plan. For example, recharging your Glo Yakata line ensures you get access to loads of benefits and bonuses.
Glo Yakata offers balanced services by rewarding subscribers with both voice and data bonuses that keep them glued to the tariff plan. Glo launched the tariff plan to ensure customers enjoy great value whenever they part with their money for different services on the Glo platform.
This article should prove useful for potential subscribers seeking a new tariff plan after getting tired of their current one or new Glo network users who are not familiar with the available tariff plans and what they entail.
What is the Glo Yakata Tariff Plan?
Globacom designed the Glo Yakata tariff plan to reward new Glo customers for buying and registering a sim with the network. The tariff plan offers fantastic voice and data goodies to new customers. Individuals who purchase a new SIM will get up to 6GB of data every month for the next six months, tallies up to an incredible 36GB of free data over that period.
Additionally, customers also get an enticing 2200% bonus on recharges of N100 and above under the Glo Yakata tariff plan. The 2200% can be used to call all local networks in the country as well. The more a customer recharges, the higher the value they enjoy. Suppose a customer’s first recharge of every month is N200 or more. In that case, they will receive a data bonus that is 2.5 times the regular data benefit.
All bonuses have a validity period of just seven days, which means customers are frequently under pressure to exhaust them before the expiration date rolls around the corner.
While it is primarily for new customers, existing customers on the Glo platform can also migrate to the plan. All they need to do is dial *230# to subscribe to the tariff plan. First migration within a month is free, but subsequent migrations will attract a migration fee of N100 per migration within that same month.
The Glo Yakata has proven to be a big hit amongst Glo customers. It has also been responsible for the influx of a new set of customers who were previously loyal to other network operators.
Recharging Your Glo Yakata Line is Just Like Recharging Any Glo Line
Loading your Glo Yakata line is not a complicated process. It is the same thing as recharging your Glo line as you would typically do. The USSD code used for recharging your Glo line is the same code used for recharging your Glo Yakata line.
There are also no different routes or processes you have to go through to purchase airtime for your Glo Yakata account. As long as you are already on the tariff, your bonuses will register as soon as you have finished recharging your line.
Below is the step-by-step procedure to recharge a line on Glo Yakata:
- Purchase the airtime voucher from a nearby retailer or Glo accredited store.
- Top up your line by using the code *123*voucher PIN#
- Hit “send”
- Your Glo Yakata line will be credited with the voucher amount you purchased.
Alternatively, you can use the Glo simple recharge process to recharge your Glo Yakata account.
- You need to ensure you have linked your Glo number to your bank accounts.
- After this, proceed to dial *805#.
- Select your bank from the options available.
- Enter in the amount of airtime you wish to purchase.
- Your Glo Yakata will be credited with the amount within seconds.
How To Check Glo Yakata Account Balance
It is essential to check your Glo Yakata account balance occasionally to keep track of certain information and inform you of how you are consuming your airtime and bonus. The code for checking your Glo Yakata account balance is the same code all Glo customers use to check their account balance.
The code, #124*1#, helps to relay specific information regarding Glo customers’ account balances, including those subscribed to the Glo Yakata tariff plan. The step-by-step procedure for checking your account balance on Glo Yakata is:
- Launch your dial pad
- Dial #124*1#
- Proceed to hit the “send” button
- You will see your account balance displayed on the screen in seconds.
Glo Yakata subscribers will have four account balance reports that include:
- Main account balance
- Bonus account (voice)
- Data value
- First recharge of the month data benefits
Customers will receive information regarding these four categories once they dial the #124*1# USSD code.
How to Check Glo Yakata Bonus
Glo Yakata subscribers receive a lot of bonus rewards. These bonuses could be in the form of voice or data benefits. The call bonus runs for six months, with customers getting a whopping 2200% value on every N100 recharge.
Because it is a unique feature of the tariff plan, there is a code for checking your Glo Yakata call bonus that other tariff users cannot use. By dialing *230*1#, Glo Yakata subscribers can view their call bonus, estimate how much they have left and when it will expire before they have to recharge again.
Glo Yakata customers also get rewarded with data bonuses in addition to the call bonus, and customers can also view their data bonus using a USSD code.
- Dial *777# on your phone.
- Press ‘1’ to select the data option.
- Click on ‘5’ for the ‘manage data plan.’
- Finally, select ‘4’ to get the data balance.
- Your data balance, including your Glo Yakata bonus, gets shown to you.
Alternatively, customers can also dial *127*0# to check their data balance and their Glo Yakata data bonus.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding The Plan
Glo customers, either new or existing ones, will always have questions about Glo’s services and promotions. While many of these customers may prefer to call the customer care agent to seek clarification, some will turn to the FAQs and the answers provided. In that vein, here are five frequently asked questions (FAQs) with answers.
- How much do I pay for making calls as a Glo Yakata subscriber? – All calls from a Glo Yakata line are billed at 70k/s. This charge applies to both the primary and bonus accounts. However, SMS costs N4 from the main account and N20 from the bonus account.
- How do I use the social data benefit? – Social data benefits are only available for WhatsApp, Twitter, and Facebook. It does not apply to other sites and purposes.
- Will I get Glo Yakata benefits if I recharge via E-top up? – Yes. The Yakata benefits are available on both physical and e-recharge platforms.
- What happens if there is airtime on my main account? – Call charges will initially be made from your bonus account even if you have airtime on your main account. Your primary account will only get debited if your bonus balance has expired/is exhausted, making an international call, or paying for value-added services.
- Is Glo Yakata a promotional offer? – No. The Glo Yakata offer is a tariff plan that currently has no expiration date. As long as customers remain on it, they will continue to enjoy the benefits and bonuses that come with the plan.