Jay Shetty has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million. He is an English podcaster, author, and life coach.
The internet is one of the greatest innovations of the last millennia and with its creation, there have been many other innovations that made it easier for a lot of people to make money. Jay Shetty is one of the people who have milked the money-making potential of the internet and has been able to build a sizeable fortune for himself. To learn more about Jay Shetty’s net worth and how he has been able to make such wealth from being an internet sensation, keep reading.
Jay Shetty is an Indian-British man who was born in the United Kingdom to Indian parents; he was born on the 6th of September 1987. Jay Shetty’s high school was the renowned Queen Elizabeth School located in Barnet. From Queen Elizabeth he went to the University of London where he took classes from the Cass Business School, this is where he earned his degree in Behavioural Sciences.
Jay Shetty’s Net Worth
Jay Shetty’s net worth is known to come from different avenues including his exploits as a motivational speaker. His style of motivational speaking is delivered with stories, which makes him a storyteller as well. From the work he does in motivational speaking, Shetty has been able to amass an incredible amount of wealth which has brought his net worth to $2.5 million.
But having such a huge net worth is not the only thing that this virtual monk has gotten out of his career, he has been the recipient of a number of awards and is recognized worldwide for the wisdom that he offers.
How The Internet Personality Makes His Money
After Jay Shetty graduated from the University of London, he met a monk and his meeting inspired him so much that he decided to study the art of being a monk. As a man of Indian heritage, he had no problems relocating to the country which he hails from. India is known for its many monks and for Shetty, becoming one of its many monks was a top priority.
Every year, for four years Shetty would visit India during the summer where he would train in a Vedic monastery while interning at corporations in the country. Jay Shetty wanted to become a monk because he wanted people to train their minds into becoming the best versions of themselves and for Shetty, the best way to do so is by mastering the mind and applying wisdom to everyday situations.
In a short while, Jay Shetty had acquired the wisdom he needed to pass off as a motivational speaker. The training he had as a monk coupled with his Behavioural science degree was the perfect combination for the career he had chosen. His first course of business was the creation of a YouTube channel and a Facebook page; on these platforms, he was going to share what he knew on wellness and how to live a generally better life. In a short while, Jay Shetty amassed a large number of followers.
There is the Adsense program that runs on YouTube that makes it possible for people to make money from the platform and this is what Shetty leveraged on. He currently has more than 4 million subscribers and averages over 400,000 views daily which means that in a day, he is making slightly above $1,500. But the bigger contributor to the wealth he has today is from Facebook.
This is not common knowledge, but just as it is possible to rake in big bucks on YouTube, so is it possible to do the same on Facebook. On his page, Shetty has more than 20 million followers and uploads at least three videos in a week. For each view he gets on a video, he makes some money. The roles that YouTube and Facebook played in giving Jay Shetty’s net worth the boost it has today was not just limited to the money-making views he was getting.
As his videos reached wider audiences, he got calls to come speak at significant events, this made it possible for Shetty to speak at top firms such as Barclays, Google, and HSBC. He has been featured on the BBC and made the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2017. Shetty currently works with the Huffington Post as a vlogger while still creating his videos on wellness, relationships, mental health and finding one’s purpose.
Jay Shetty’s Income Sources
- Motivational speaking
- Jay Shetty is a 34-year-old content creator, coach, public speaker, and former monk.
- He was born and raised in London, England.
- After losing two of his friends at only 16 years old, he started living life more intentionally.
- When he was 18-years-old, he found that his purpose was to be a monk.
- He moved to India and spent 3 years “studying” as a monk.
- Jay Shetty is a social media star who has accumulated billions of views and millions of followers from his videos online.
- He holds online courses and coaching classes to help teach what he’s learned as a monk.
- Jay’s time as a monk eventually came to an end when his teacher suggested that he go back home, and teach others what he had learned.
- After pitching his idea to multiple companies, he was rejected 40 different times and told by a handful of companies that he was too old and unqualified to have a career in the media landscape.
- Within 2 years of creating his own Facebook page, he had amassed over 10 million followers and created the most-viewed Facebook video of 2018: “Before you feel the pressure.”
- He now has over 28 million followers on Facebook and 4.12 million followers on YouTube.
- His famous videos have received over 7 billion collective views across all of his platforms.
- His main YouTube channel earns up to $12,000 a month in ad revenue and his podcast has over 15,000 reviews on Apple with a rating of 4.8/5 stars.
- Although his income is ambiguous, it’s been reported that Jay Shetty’s net worth is an estimated $4 million.
- Jay Shetty has used what he learned during his time in India to fabricate a fulfilling life for himself, as a content creator – all while inspiring others to do the same.