Jessica Seinfeld is much more than your average celebrity spouse. Even though she is the wife of one of the most popular comedians in the world, she is also an accomplished individual in her own right. Seinfeld has authored several cookbooks and is the founder of a charity organization aimed at helping less-privileged families. Want to know more about this lady who has a heart of gold? We have got you covered!
Jessica Seinfeld’s Bio (Age)
Jessica Seinfeld was born on the 12th of September 1971 in Oyster Bay, New York. Her given name at birth was Nina Danielle Sklar. Her mother’s name is Ellen Sklar while her father’s name is Karl Sklar. Her mom is a social worker who served in the Department of Corrections while her dad is a computer expert. Seinfeld also has two sisters, one of whom is named Rebecca Shalam. Jessica Seinfeld grew up in the town of Burlington, Vermont which is where she completed her grade and high school education.
After that, she attended the University of Vermont where she obtained her bachelor’s degree. Upon leaving college, Jessica Seinfeld built a career for herself in public relations. She worked as a licensing manager at the entertainment division of Golden Books Family Entertainment. Golden Books is a firm which is famous for publishing family-related entertainment products such as home videos and children’s books. After Golden Books, Jessica Seinfeld also worked as a PR executive for the popular fashion brand, Tommy Hilfiger.
Husband and Kids
Jessica Seinfeld is married to one of the greatest stand-up comics of all times, Jerry Seinfeld. Jerry is also an actor and writer and is renowned for performing stand-up comedy. He is also popular for his hit sitcom, Seinfeld. Jessica Seinfeld’s relationship with her husband began on a somewhat controversial note. She was previously married to Eric Nederlander, a scion of the Nederlander family which owns many theatres. They dated for five years before tying the knot in June 1998. After they returned from their honeymoon, Jessica apparently started dating Seinfeld and her husband filed for divorce in October 1998.
She and Seinfeld dated for a year before getting engaged in November 1999. Their nuptials took place on Christmas day of the same year. Due to the above facts, Jessica Seinfeld has endured criticisms from many who felt that she dumped her husband for a richer and more famous guy. She has, however, explained that her relationship was already in trouble before the wedding and that they were even going for couples’ therapy. She also revealed that she wanted to call off the wedding but lacked the courage to do so. Despite the controversies and the unpleasant media coverage, Jessica Seinfeld and her husband have remained strong together. They have three kids together; they are Sascha (daughter – b. in 2000), Julian Kel (son – b. in 2003) and Shepherd Kellen (son – b. 2008).
The New York native has really done well for herself. Jessica Seinfeld has reportedly amassed a fortune worth $30 million. Her husband, on the other hand, is one of the richest comedians in the world with a net worth of $950 million. Jerry Seinfeld consistently ranks amongst the highest paid comedians in the world. Since 2006 till date, he has topped Forbes list of the highest paid comedians in the world. He was only dethroned once in 2016 by comedian/actor, Kevin Hart. In 2018 alone, Seinfeld earned $57 million; $30 million from his stand-up gigs and the rest from deals with online streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
Other Facts about Jessica Seinfeld
• Seinfeld is the author of not less than four cookbooks. Her first book is Deceptively Delicious – Simple Secrets To Get Your Kids Eating Good Food. The book was released in October 2007 and seeks to help parents whip up healthy but delicious meals for their children.
• Jessica Seinfeld is the founder of a charity organisation known as Good+ Foundation (formerly known as Baby Buggy). The organisation donates essential items to poor families.
• Her first book, Deceptively Delicious, topped the New York Times bestseller list. It also reached the second spot on the USA Today Bestseller list.
• She and her comedian husband first met at a Reebok Gym on the Upper West Side in August 1998.
• Her other cookbooks are Double Delicious – Good Simple Food For Busy Complicated Lives (October 2010), The Can’t Cook Book (2013) and Food Swings (2017).
• An author named Missy Chase Lapine sued Jessica Seinfeld for plagiarism but the suit was dismissed.
• She once sent 21 pairs of shoes to Oprah Winfrey as a thank you gift for featuring her on her show.