Since she began gracing our screens, fans and critics have been curious about the details of Kacie McDonnell’s life off screen. While it is common knowledge that she is a broadcaster with special interests in sports, many are not aware that Kacie has other personal sports links. Here are the reasons why the attractive reporter’s profile should not escape your attention.
Kacie McDonnell Bio (Age and Early Life)
Kacie McDonnell is a Pennsylvanian born on July 30, 1990. There is a scarcity of information about Kacie’s family and early life but it is common knowledge that she and her two siblings (Isabelle and Lochlan) had a decent upbringing fostered by their parents – Michelle and Ken McDonnell.
If Kacie’s academic records are anything to go by, it is safe to say she was certain of her career path from an early age and judiciously worked towards it. Kacie had part of her basic education at Nativity BVM High School and then proceeded to study Communications at Villanova University.
Her Career, Where Is She Now?
Kacie McDonnell kicked off her career in broadcasting right after college. The fresh graduate landed her first job as an On-Air Model at QVC. After a few years with the network, she moved on to FOX TV where she rose through the ranks. Precisely, McDonnell joined the network as a sideline and pre/post game reporter. She later served the outlet in other different capacities.
In 2014, she landed a job with Turner Sports. During her time with the media outlet, Kacie worked as a courtside reporter. Her employment history did not end there as Kacie has also had brief stints as a reporter for other networks such as the NBC-affiliated TV station KSHB as well as the E.W. Scripps Company. McDonnell had a great career move in 2016 when she joined the Boston-based network NESN, a media house which has been a stepping stone for several top sports reporters.
If you are one of those wondering where she is now, she is working as an anchor with NESN and has been serving in that capacity since August 2016.
Who Is She Dating?
The very attractive NESN reporter has had an interesting dating history. Having worked as a sports reporter for several networks, it is unsurprising that McDonnell has been in some high profile relationships mostly with star athletes. From 2009 to 2011, Kacie was romantically linked to Christian Ponder, a former quarterback. Next was Jonathan Pettibone, another athlete whom she dated in 2013. Like the first, the relationship was also shortlived and Kacie moved on to quarterback Aaron Murray by the end of 2013.
Kacie’s romance with Aaron was an interesting one and many presumed they were perfect for each other. Not only did McDonnell reportedly give up her work at some point for the relationship but it also metamorphosed into an engagement. Sadly, Kacie and Aaron never made it down the aisle as their engagement was broken in January 2015 and just a few weeks to their proposed wedding. Though both parties did not disclose the reasons for their split, there were unconfirmed speculations that it was connected to infidelity on Aaron’s part.
Kacie McDonnell soon found love again in the arms of another athlete, Eric Hosmer, a professional basketball player for Kansas City Royals. The couple who became an item in 2015 reportedly parted ways after a short while but rekindled their flame again in 2017. It is no news that McDonnell has never been married and is sans kids but fans are gunning for her love story with Hosmer to end happily ever after.
Other Fun Facts About Kacie McDonnell
1. It is uncommon knowledge that Kacie McDonnell was once a beauty queen. In 2008, she was crowned the Miss Teen Pennsylvania International.
2. McDonnell is an avid music fan. In addition to her personal playlist, the reporter has often been spotted at various music festivals in the UK.
3. Besides dating athletes and her job as a sports reporter, not many are aware that Kacie is also an athlete. She is a former hockey player, although there are no official records of her endeavors on the pitch.
4. Kacie McDonnell is not just active on the mainstream media but also on social media. While she may not be present on all popular social networking sites, fans can connect with the reporter on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where she has amassed a strong fanbase.
5. When she is not working, McDonnell unwinds through a variety of fun activities. Among other interests, she derives immense pleasure from fishing and cooking. Besides official tours, the reporter also loves traveling occasionally for pleasure. Some of her favorite vacation spots include Oz and Singapore.