American sportscaster and television host, Katie Osborne is gradually working her way to fame in the field of TV broadcasting. Since after debuting her sports reporting career, Katie has worked with numerous sports companies including Fox Sports, ESPN, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, Spike TV, and many more. She is, however, most popular for being the host of the PowerNation show on Spike TV, NBC Sport and CBS Sports since 2016.
Osborne has also reported for several sports teams such as Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Colombus Blue Jackets, and Indianapolis Indians, as well as tournaments including the National Hockey League, National Football League, and X Games.
Katie Osborne Bio, Age
Katie Osborne was born on July 30th, 1982 in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. She grew up in her birthplace where she attended elementary, middle and high schools during which she actively participated in athletics. Right from her childhood, Katie developed a strong interest in sporting activities, especially car racing.
On completing her high school education, she proceeded to Iowa University for a bachelors in Sports and Health Studies – Journalism. She, however, switched to Indiana University in Bloomington after a year to pursue a degree in Sports Communication-Broadcast, graduating in 2010. As an undergraduate, Katie was a member of Novaquatics Masters and competed in national swimming tournaments, emerging as one of the best swimmers from Indiana.
Katie Osborne started practicing her career while still a university undergraduate. Prior to her graduation, she worked with a number of firms including St. Vincent Sports Performance Centre, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Nike, Chick-fil-A, Colts TV, Sports Revolution, WISH-TV, among others.
On completing her degree in 2010, Katie started getting a variety of jobs across several sports companies and teams including Indycar, Pacers Sports, PVH, Indiana Basketball, Pet Pals TV, Speed, and so on. In 2013, she landed a reporting and live hosting job with Van Wagner Big Screen Network Productions. She also had a stint as a pit and trackside reporter at ESPN from August to December 2013. Still working with Van Wagner, Katie joined San Diego-based Fox Sports, simultaneously working as a sideline reporter and host of its PadresPOV program from March 2014 to April 2015.
In August 2015, she started hosting PowerNation, on Spike TV, CBS Sports, and NBC Sports. She also worked as a pit and trackside reporter for The Off-Road Championship. The following year, Katie began hosting another similar show, PowerNation on the Road in addition to the original program. In August 2016, she started reporting for Mecum Auctions, on NBC Sports. She also started reporting for Snocross on CBS Sports in November of the same year. Katie Osborne later started working as a digital pit reporter and race day host for Indycar in March 2017.
Meanwhile, it is her hosting job on PowerNation which is rated America’s number one automotive how-to show that shot her to the limelight. Her responsibilities as the host of PowerNation includes reporting top racers, vehicles and trends in the racing industry. She also conducts behind-the-scenes interviews with racers, technicians and team owners.
Osborne presently lives in Los Angeles, California, from where she attends to her broadcasting job. In addition to her employment, she also hosts live events.
Katie Osborne has not divulged information on the identity of her parents. She however, often posts their photos and gushes about them on social media.
Height and Other Interesting Facts
1. Katie Osborne stands tall at a height of 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters).
2. She has a moderate weight of 54 kilograms, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
3. In addition to sports reporting, Katie is also an actress and fashion designer. As an actress, she has starred in a number of movies including Single (2011) and The Fiance (2015).
4. Katie Osborne is in a long time relationship with television host and professional automotive racer, Tanner Foust. Tanner is a champion in his racing career which spans across various kinds including rallycross, time attack, drift, and ice racing. He is popular for co-hosting the American version of the British television series, Top Gear.
5. Katie Osborne loves vintage cars. She is fond of sharing photos of herself posing with numerous classic automobiles, some of which belong to her.
7. Osborne is actively involved in charity. She created the FindJoy_Project, a charity establishment that serves as a virtual platform for firms to share their life lessons, inspiring stories and everything that could help people to find joy in life. She is also committed to Make-A-Wish, a non-profit organisation that focuses on creating life-changing wishes for children and teenagers suffering from critical illnesses.
9. Katie’s hobbies include yoga, cooking, sipping a cup of coffee and volunteering.
10. Osborne is quite popular on social media with her accounts on the various platforms boasting thousands of followers. She has close to 29k fans on Instagram, over 12k on Twitter, and more than 13k on Facebook.