Kayla Moore is best recognized as the significant other to the Alabama Republican Senate nominee and former judge Roy Moore. Kayla who is more supportive than vocal has long been engaged in the political scene but yielding the spotlight to her husband. Though Roy is the statuesque figure in their marriage, Kayla has been working mostly behind the scenes. More recently, Kayla unraveled some of the secrets to their over three-decade-long marriage after she aggressively championed a defense in her husband’s favor. Here are facts you need to know about the homemaker, doting wife, mother, grandmother, and former model.
Kayla Moore – Bio (Age)
Kayla Danette Kisor from Alabama was born on April 26, 1961. She is the daughter of Mack and Dell McDonald Kisor. According to Kayla’s public records, she was born and raised in Etowah County. She first attended Southside High School, Gadsen and later Jacksonville State University as well as the University of Alabama.
Asides the fact that Kayla is a dedicated homemaker and a coordinator for her husband’s political campaigns, there is a dearth of information about her career endeavors. She once served on the board of her husband’s Alabama-based nonprofit The Foundation for Moral Law, which was established to help the Christian community.
Family – Husband and Kids
Kayla Moore is happily married to her heartthrob Roy Moore, the Alabama GOP Senate candidate and former judge. The pair who has been married for over three decades have an interesting love journey. The couple first crossed paths in December 1984 while attending a Christmas party in Etowah County. Their story is not that of love at first sight as things didn’t pick up until they met again about a year later.
Kayla and Roy began dating when the former was 23 years old and the latter 38 years and working at a local law firm. After dating for about a year, Kayla was convinced that Roy Moore was the special person she needed in her life, and thus the lovebirds exchanged nuptial vows on Dec. 14, 1985. The family-oriented couple has three sons together. They welcomed their first child Roy in July 1987, the second Caleb born in 1990 and the last Micah born in 1993.
While the marriage is a first for Roy, it is a second attempt for Kayla. Her first union was with John Charles Heald whom she married in June 1982. Together, Kayla and Charles had a daughter Heather, but after three years the couple officially divorced. Kayla’s ex-husband Heald died in 2002. After her second marriage, Roy adopted Heather as his daughter. A religious wife, mother, and grandmother, Kayla Moore and her husband Roy raised their four children in a Christian home. The couple who has been inseparable for more than three decades remain devoted to their family.
Kayla and Roy Moore’s marriage hasn’t been without its own highs and lows. After her husband declared his intention to run for Senate, several Alabama women accused Roy of assault and pursuing sexual relationships with them when they were teenagers while he was in his 30s. Though Roy has vehemently denied the allegations, his strongest defender yet remains his wife. According to Kayla whose husband can do no wrong in her eyes, he is godly, the kindest and most gentle man ever and far from an assaulter.
The sexual assault allegations are not the first of Roy Moore’s controversies. The former Alabama Supreme Court judge was ousted from the court twice. The first time, it was for his refusal removing his 2009 memoir So Help Me God: The Ten Commandments, Judicial Tyranny, and the Battle for Religious Freedom from courthouse premises and secondly for encouraging state probate judges to disregard the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that allowed gay marriage.
Facts About Kayla Moore, Roy Moore’s Wife
1. Endowed with the looks, Kayla tried her hands on pageantry during her teenage days. Though she didn’t win any title, Kayla competed in prestigious beauty pageants such as the Miss Alabama USA, Miss Alabama US Teen, and Miss Alabama World.
2. Kayla Moore had a near-death experience in 1999 in a car accident at a parking lot. She was later awarded over $270,000 as damages in a lawsuit.
3. Kayla’s husband and Senate candidate Roy Moore was once accused of being anti-Semitic, but she vehemently debunked the claim stressing that they have very close friends who are Jewish.
4. In November 2015, Kayla Moore made headlines when she tagged former President Barack Obama a Muslim in a viral video.
5. It is safe to call Kayla Moore a staunch conservative. During the 2016 election, she endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz who is known for his conservative beliefs on government, marriage, and abortion. In addition to that, Roy Moore’s wife has at various platforms spoken against the LGBT community.
6. Kayla Moore has served as the coordinator of her husband’s political campaigns for years. Her job description requires that the couple travel together most of the time, thus increasing their bond as man and wife.