Kylie Jenner has an estimated net worth of $750 million. She is an American reality TV personality, socialite, and businesswoman.
Social media has provided a platform to reach so many people at once and many people have ridden on the waves to achieve unimaginable feats. Kylie Jenner is one of the young individuals who has benefited from the wide reach of social media with her millions of followers on Instagram. While many might argue that she was born into a family of affluence, it doesn’t take away the fact that Kylie Jenner’s net worth reflects what she has been able to achieve at a very young age. She is a young and smart businesswoman, a media personality, model and fashion/beauty entrepreneur who has successfully monetized her many passions to achieve an insane net worth.
Kylie Jenner’s Net Worth
According to Forbes, Kylie reached a net worth of $1 billion in March 2019 at age 21, making her the youngest billionaire in the world at the time. However, there have been series of arguments and controversies over her being a ‘self-made’ billionaire – considering her privileged background which provided her with all the opportunities and most importantly, the platform to achieve all that she has. But, her supporters maintain that her background which might have given her a platform didn’t do all the hard work for her. Kylie has continued to thrive within all these controversies, however, as opposed to the 2019 report, her net worth as of 2023 is estimated at $750.
|Kylie Jenner Net Worth Milestones|
A Breakdown of How She Made all That Insane Money
Born in 1997, Kylie Jenner’s net worth started growing when she began to appear alongside her parents, sister and half-sisters on the reality TV Series Keeping Up with the Kardashians in 2007. Being the youngest in the family, she practically did everything and appeared everywhere with her elder sister (Kendall). Her earliest endorsement with OPI where she earned $100,000 was with her sister. In 2013, they launched the Kendall & Kylie Collection in collaboration with PacSun. They also launched their jewelry line Metal Haven by Kendall & Kyle jewelry with Pascal Mouawad’s Glamhouse the same 2013.
In 2014, Kylie alongside her sister launched a shoe and handbag line for Steve Madden. Kylie made her acting debut in a promo for the 2014 Much Music Video Awards which she co-hosted with her sister. Towards the end of 2014, Kylie had gained a considerable amount of confidence in herself and began to launch out on her own. She had a partnership with Bellami Hair which helped her launch her line of hair extensions Kylie Hair Kouture. She launched another clothing line with her sister in 2015 with (the British fashion retailer) Topshop.
2015 was a big year for Kylie. She announced the launching of Kylie Lip Kit which she later renamed Kylie Cosmetics to cover a wide range of other products. She also launched her personalized website and a mobile app which were all well received. After she renamed her company Kylie Cosmetics, the kits produced rose drastically from 15,000 to 500,000.
With the astronomical increase in her kit sales, she made Forbes Celebrity 100 list after her earnings from the previous year was estimated at $41 million. As of 2018, the company was reported to have sold $630 million worth of makeup and her net worth estimated at $900 million.
In 2019, pushed forward in her business endeavors by launching her skincare brand named ‘Kylie Skin’ which produces face washes, moisturizers, scrubs and makeup removing wipes. She also teamed up with her big sister Kim Kardashian West to launch a new fragrance which is uncharted territory for the young entrepreneur.
Other Sources Of Kylie Jenner’s Net Worth
One of the ways Kylie Jenner’s net worth has grown is through social media. For a very long time, she used her platform to push her brand and cosmetics while endorsing a few choice brands.
Asides from all that she makes from her personal business, she is a brand ambassador for different companies and products. Some of them include Skincare brand Nip + Fab.
She has also earned a considerable amount from their family reality show Keeping up with the Kardashians and another show that revolves around her life Life of Kylie. Kylie filed to trademark the phrase “rise and shine” after a video of her singing it to her 1-year-old baby Stormi went viral. The hashtag reached a billion views on TikTok with many of her fans speculating that it might be the name for a new baby line about to be launched by Kylie.
20 Key Facts About Kylie Jenner
- Kylie Jenner is an American model, reality television star and cosmetics entrepreneur.
- Kylie Jenner’s net worth is $750 million.
- In a given year, Kylie earns around $40 – $100 million from her various business endeavors.
- The American reality TV star, celebrity and businesswoman was born on August 10, 1997, in Los Angeles, California.
- Kylie is the youngest daughter of Kris and Caitlyn Jenner.
- Kylie is the second-richest Kardashian/Jenner behind her older half-sister Kim (who is worth about $900m).
- Kylie Jenner founded Kylie Cosmetics in 2014 and launched “The Kylie Lip Kit” in August 2015.
- Kylie Cosmetics generated $177m between October 2018 and October 2019.
- In November 2019, Kylie Jenner sold 51% of Kylie Cosmetics to Coty Inc. for $600 million, valuing the entire company $1.2 billion.
- Kylie earned roughly $340m after-taxes from the sale.
- Forbes once declared Kylie as the “youngest self-made billionaire” in the world.
- In May 2020, Forbes retracted previous statements about Kylie Jenner and claimed that financial information previously provided by Kylie and Kris was false.
- Kylie Jenner is extremely rich and successful but not a billionaire.
- In April 2020, Kylie paid $36.5 million for a Holmby Hills, CA mansion.
- In May 2020, Kylie paid $15 million for a vacant lot in Hidden Hills, CA.
- Kylie owns a separate $12m mansion in Hidden Hills, CA.
- Kylie’s net worth first began tracking in November 2011, estimated to be $300,000 at the time.
- By mid-2014, Kylie’s net worth had doubled to $4 million from the previous year.
- In June 2017, her net worth was estimated to be $50 million, and in July 2018, it was raised to $200 million.
- Kylie ended 2020 with a net worth of $650 million and 2021 with a net worth of $700 million.