One More Reason To Keep Your Phone Away From The Bathroom



Madison Coe’s tragic experience is yet another reason why your cell phone should be kept away from the bathroom.

Before now, the advise was given on health grounds. It was discovered that harmful bacteria can habor in our phones; and as such gives us a bad health.

An unfortunate incident has just occurred in Texas. A 14-year old Madison Coe was electrocuted while having her bath and using her phone.

The cell phone has become a surprising integral part of our lives in modern times. So much so that we easily forget that it is a device that must be handled with caution.

It is not clear what the situation was before the electrocution. However Madison’s family suggest that the young girl was either in the bath tub and trying to charge her phone; or that she grabbed her phone which was charging.

See Also: Samsung’s Exploding Phone Will Cost The Company $1 Billion In Recalls

Another angle of suspicion is that the phone while charging may have fallen into the bathtub.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened,”

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging,”

Madison Coe

The young girl lost her life to the tragedy which happened on Sunday. Madison Coe’s family is using this as reminder and a warning to all.

“It’s overwhelming to realize that there are people that we don’t even know and we’ll probably never even meet that have taken this message and shared it to protect another child or even an adult. We don’t want to lose anybody,”

“We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix,” 

“She’s just going to be greatly missed by all of us. She has a special place in my heart.”

See Also: Apple’s Red iPhone Wants To Join The Fight Against AIDS

To support the 14-year old’s funeral, supporters are making donations in a gofundme page set up in her memory. The family has raised about $7, 235 out of a 25, 000 plea.

Social media users who have come in contact with Madison Coe’s story have appreciated the often forgotten fact that water and electricity don’t mix except the device in question is certified water-proof.

Madison’s memorial service is scheduled for Saturday, July 15th, at 2:00 p.m. at Kings Ridge Church of Christ in Lubbock county, Texas.

A similar incident happened to 24 year old Evgenia Sviridenko. She was using her IPhone while being soaked in the bathtub. The phone which was charging dropped into the water and she was electrocuted.

For our health and safety it should taken into consideration that the phone can be a harzard if used in some settings.

Topics: