People may know Maren Morris for many things but she is most recognized as an American singer-songwriter and record producer who specialize in country music. Those who have been keeping up with her may be able to tell that she is currently signed to Columbia Nashville and that her most popular album is Hero but there is much more to know about the musician, let’s get to it…
Maren Morris Biography (Age)
Born on the 10th of April, 1990, Maren Morris will soon be 29. She was born Maren Larae Morris in Arlington, Texas, United States. Maren is the first of two daughters to her parents, Gregory and Kellie Morris. Her parents ran a hair and beauty salon named after herself and her younger sister, Karsen – Maren Karsen Salon. Maren’s music career was spurred by a gift from her father when she was 12 – a guitar which she developed a great love for. She also started amateur performances at family parties, neighborhood bars, and at wrestling matches, thereby preparing herself for a full-time career in music.
In 2005, at the age of 15, Maren Morris released her debut album, a studio album titled Walk On under the record label of Mozzi Blozzi Music. She later released All That It Takes and Live Wire in 2007 and 2011 respectively. She also wrote several songs for other singers including “Last Turn Home” for Tim McGraw, “Second Wind” for Kelly Clarkson, “Greener Pastures” for Brothers Osborne, and “Too Young to Know” for Jessie James Decker among others.
With the encouragement of popular American country musician, Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris moved from Arlington to Nashville in 2013. She continued to rise in her music career in leaps and bounds until 2016 when she released her first major label album, Hero. The album brought her much fame having reached number 1 on the Top Country Albums chart in one week and number 5 on the Billboard 200 chart. It was also certified Gold. A single in the album, “My Church” topped the Country Digital Songs chart in 2016, reached the top 5 on the US Hot Country Songs and also earned her 26 million views on YouTube! It was indeed her breakthrough song.
Popular also among her productions is her self-titled Extended Play (EP) Maren Morris containing five songs which she released earlier in 2015. Morris’ hard work has so far earned her several awards which include CMA‘s New Artist of the Year 2016 for her EP, Maren Morris, GRAMMY‘s Best Country Solo Performance 2017 for “My Church”, Radio Disney‘s Best New Country Artist 2017 for Maren Morris, and Billboard‘s Top Country Female Artist 2018, also for Maren Morris. Maren also provided vocals for “The Middle”, a pop collaboration with Zedd and Grey, released in January 2018.
Aside from music, Morris has also achieved milestones on Television with Saturday Night Live, Good Morning America, NBC’s Today, CBS Sunday Morning, ELLEN, NBC’s The Voice, The Tonight Show, Late Night, The Talk, Chelsea, NCIS: New Orleans and Sprout’s Sunny Side Up being some of the TV shows she has featured in. She also runs a boutique which deals on men and women T-shirts and other types of tops.
Husband or Boyfriend, Is She Married or Dating?
Maren Morris’ only known boyfriend is Ryan Hurd, a fellow country musician.
Maren met Ryan back in 2013 while collaborating with him on the song, “Last Turn Home”. The duo, however, started dating in December 2015. In July 2017, they got engaged and subsequently tied the knot on March 24, 2018. The wedding ceremony happened in Nashville, Tennessee, the same town where the pair had met each other five years earlier.
Height and Other Interesting Facts
1. Maren Morris is average in height. She stands 5 feet tall, an equivalent of 1.52 meters.
2. While growing up, she looked up to Willie Nelson and Dolly Patron as her music models. She also got inspirations from country legends Sheryl Crow and Dixie Chicks.
3. Morris is the first artist in the history of Columbia Nashville to open at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Charts with a debut album in the Soundscan era.
4. Morris’ success in 2016 caught so much attention. This got her a day – 27th December – which was proclaimed “Maren Morris Day” by her hometown mayor.
5. She was the most nominated country artist at the 2017 Grammy Awards with five nominations out of which she won one.
6. Before her breakthrough in music, Morris made failed attempts at TV shows precisely American Idol and The Voice. Now, her songs are being sung by contestants on American Idol.
7. Maren Morris is an entertainer who loves being herself. Instead of trying to present herself as the “all perfect lady”, she allows for mistakes and shortfalls.
8. She has already scheduled 8 tours for the year 2019, starting from January 30 to August 8. Visit her official website (marenmorris.com) for more details on the tours.
9. Morris attended James Bowie High School, Austin, Texas, and subsequently, the University of North Texas.