Melanie Truhett is an American film producer, manager, and actress. She gained media notice after marrying a popular comic actor, Brian Posehn. Among her numerous productions, Melanie is popular for Mystery Men (1999), Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza (2011) and We Think Nate Torrence Is Dead (2012). Her husband, on the other hand, is best known for his role as Brian Spukowski on Comedy Central’s sitcom, The Sarah Silverman Program (2007–2010). In addition to being an actor and comedian, Brian Posehn is also a writer, musician and podcast host. Read on to find out more about the woman behind the successful entertainer.
Melanie Truhett’s Bio
Melanie Truhett was born in Fresno County in California, United States of America. Though she has not disclosed her date of birth, her birth year is speculated to fall around the 1970s.
As a child, Melanie dreamed of becoming an actress. She, however, could not pursue her dreams then as a result of her family’s financial incapability. Nevertheless, Truhett later broke through and realized her entertainment career ambition.
Her Film Career
In 2005, she co-produced the documentary movie, Patriot Act: A Jeffrey Ross Home Movie. She also produced an episode of the One Night Stand comedy series. Still, in 2005, she featured alongside her husband on the humor documentary, Comedians of Comedy. In 2009, Melanie produced an episode of The Quest for the Golden Hot Dog, an eating contest documentary television series. She also gave a hand in the production of an episode of Burning Hollywood.
Melanie Truhett later hit her career breakthrough in 2011 when she served as a major producer of Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza, working on forty episodes of the comedy series. The following year, she co-produced, We Think Nate Torrence is Dead. In 2014, she respectively produced two short sequels – Night Night with Ron Funches and Night Night with Ron Funches Ep 2.
She did several other minor works until 2018 when she appeared on the television comedy show, Coming to the Stage. Truhett later served as an executive producer of Ron Funches: Giggle Fit in 2019.
Melanie Truhett’s Son
Melanie Truhett has a son, an only child, with her husband, Brian Posehn whom she married on September 4, 2004. Melanie had met Brian about four years earlier, precisely in the year 2000. The duo became friends and started dating, subsequently tying the knot in 2004. Their wedding was a private ceremony with few people in attendance.
Melanie and Brian have kept the name of their son under wraps. Despite sharing some of their photos with the young boy on social media, the couple have chosen to keep his identity a secret. Unlike many celebrities, Truhett and her husband do not gush about their child on the media. Posehn himself once stated point blank that he does not take delight in doing so.
How Much Is Melanie Truhett’s Net Worth?
As of 2019, Melanie Truhett’s net worth is estimated between $1.5 and $2 million. She amassed her wealth primarily from her work as a film producer and manager. She also makes a decent sum from her occasional acting roles.
Melanie’s husband, on the other hand, has an estimated net worth of $3 million. The duo are living a comfortable lifestyle with their son in Los Angeles, California.
Facts About Brian Posehn’s Wife
• Melanie Truhett is a small-statured blonde woman; she has a height of about 5.6 inches. Making her look smaller is her husband’s opposite body frame which stands has a towering height of 6.6 inches.
• Born speculatively in the mid-1970s, Truhett is about a decade younger than Posehn who was born on July 6, 1966.
• Melanie Truhett is considered very tolerable when it comes to her husband’s nerdy interests, x-rated jokes and ultimately, his use of cannabis. Posehn, however, voluntarily gave up the use of marijuana after the birth of their son.
• Melanie, alongside her husband, are strong fans of Heavy Metal music and comedy.
• Truhett, just like her husband Posehn, has not shared information on their family background (including their parents and siblings). But unlike Melanie, Brian’s date of birth, as well as educational qualifications are available.