Serena Williams is special both on the tennis court and out of it. She has become quite the symbol of inspiration to many people and is at heart one of the greatest athletes of this time.
With 22 Grand Slam titles to her name and quite a number of records broken, Serena Williams is still standing in the spotlight even as she turns thirty-six today.
Here are 15 motivational quotes from the tennis champion Serena Williams;
- Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it?
- I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.
- The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.
- To this day, I don’t love my arms. People want more fit arms, but my arms are too fit. But I’m not complaining. They pay my bills.
- I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.
- You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.
- I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.
- Luck has nothing to do with it because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.
- When I’m down, I talk to myself a lot. I look crazy because I’m constantly having an argument with myself.
- I just never give up. I fight to the end. You can’t go out and say, ‘I want a bag of never-say-die spirit.’ It’s not for sale. It has to be innate.
- I don’t like to lose at anything… Yet I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.
- I can’t become satisfied, because if I get satisfied, I’ll be like, “Oh, I’ve won Wimbledon, I’ve won the U.S. Open. Now I can relax.” But now people are really going to be fighting to beat me.
- Venus told me the other day that champions don’t get nervous in tight situations. That really helped me a lot. I decided I shouldn’t get nervous and just do the best I can.
- Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had.
- I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.