N-Power Nigeria is a poverty alleviation scheme set up by the federal ministry of works in collaboration with other Nigerian ministries. The N-power recruitment program is established to fulfill one major issue in Nigeria; provide employment for the teeming unemployed youths scattered all over the country. Anybody between the ages of 18 and 35 is eligible to apply; however, there are specific programs like the N-Health and N-Teach that are exclusively for graduates.
The registration process for the N-Power scheme is very easy and requires applicants to follow some simple steps. Just visit the approved N-power recruitment portal at npower.fmhds.gov.ng with the required documents and submit your application. It is as easy as that.
How to Apply for N-Power?
• Before starting the application process, you need to arm yourself with the listed requirements. Besides, you must ensure that your BVN is accurate and get a recent copy of your passport ready.
• visit the approved N-power recruitment portal at npower.fmhds.gov.ng and go-ahead to create a profile.
• Once you are onto the N-power website click the “Apply for N-Power Volunteer Corps”. However, it is important that applicants read and understand the N-Power Programme terms and conditions. In the end, you need to append your acceptance, stating that you will only provide accurate and truthful information.
• Enter your valid contact info such as phone number or Email; this should be confirmed by checking your inbox as N-power App Portal will send you a mail. Confirm your email by clicking on the provided link.
• Upon the confirmation of your email address, log in to the portal again to enter your 11-digit Bank Verification Number.
• Important to note that those that filled in inaccurate BVN won’t be able to navigate through this interface. Only those that provided accurate BVN will be permitted to move to the N-Power application portal to enter their personal data and academic qualifications.
• Your date of birth should be filled in and must come in this order dd/mm/yy. Also to be entered are your name in this order surname/first name/middle name. Your preferred bank account details should then follow; this must be an active one.
• Ensure that you enter your personal email and phone number for direct and easy reach.
• Getting to the Education and Programme Section, Applicants will be required to select their preferred program; this will be based on your level of education. The N-Power program may be open to everyone between 18 and 35, but the N-Health and N-Teach sub-programmes can only be accessed by graduates. Note that for those vying for the N-Power Health, holders of OND, HND, and Bachelor’s Degree in health science like Microbiology, Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Midwifery, Psychology, etc will be given selection preference. Where applicable, applicants will need to upload their degree certificates, including the NYSC certificate.
• Uploading of passport photographs will be done in either PNG or JPEG (25 kilobytes or less)
• Before any application can be considered completed, candidates are taken through an assessment session on general knowledge, knowledge of grammar, as well as N-Power VAIDS. There are also basic numerical concepts.
• Once a form has been accurately completed and submitted, a unique N-Power Id number will be sent to the applicant. Be sure to keep your ID in a safe place by writing down or saving it on your phone.
Easy Way to Log Into the N-Portal?
Logging into the N-Power portal is an easy process that requires only a couple of steps. You only need to get the correct portal address and your log-in details ready. The steps include;
• Click on the correct portal address, npower.fmhds.gov.ng
• On the homepage, candidates will be prompted to enter their user name and then their password. Once this is done, you will be granted access.
These Are The Documents Needed For N-Power Application?
Candidates who are planning to send in their applications to the N-Power portal should note that certain documents are required and must be uploaded for an application to be considered successful. Thus, the under-listed docs should be kept handy whenever you are ready to fill your N-power application form.
• Your BVN (Bank Verification Number).
• Your passport photographs (this should be recent and must be uploaded in PNG or JPEG format).
• Applicant must have a functional phone number ( it is best to submit your direct line for easy reach).
• Any email address you submit must be a valid one.
• Applicants who are going for the N-Health or N-Teach programs must be graduates and thus, must have their degree certificate in addition to NYSC discharge certificate.
- Applicants for the N-Power scheme must have a government-approved identification. This can come in the form of a National ID Card issued from NIMC, International Passport, Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC), or valid driver’s license.
- To be eligible for the Application process a candidate must be a citizen of Nigeria, if not by birth, then by nationalization.
Are you currently unemployed?
Are you between 18 – 35 years old?
Do you desire lifelong skills to become solutions providers in your community?
— N-Power (@npower_ng) June 23, 2020
These are issues that can hinder the success of A Candidates Application
People have asked a lot of questions about the N-Power registration process and prominent among the frequently asked questions is whether those who are already gainfully employed can apply for the scheme.
- The answer is a resounding no. Employees who still go-ahead to apply for the scheme will be fished out by N-Power and this is very easy. With the applicant’s Bank Verification Number, he or she will be tracked down. Thus, people who are already engaged in private firms or government agencies need not apply.
- The major reason why N-Power doesn’t take people who are already gainfully employed is that the scheme is targeted at the teeming unemployed youths in Nigeria.
- Again, there is an age bracket that is allowed to apply for the scheme; this falls between 18 to 35. Prospective candidates who are below 18 will not be taken, likewise those above the age limit of 35.
- Only graduates are allowed to apply for N-Health and N-Teach, thus, undergraduates will not be taken for such programs.
- More importantly, those who fake their application during registration are only courting trouble as the screening process will expose them and they will not be qualified to proceed to the second stage
- While filling out your application form for N-Power, ensure that all the information you provided is accurate to avoid having issues at the second stage.
Be sure to Always Check Your Status After N-Power Registration
The length of time that needs to elapse before one can start checking their status after N-Power registration is not specified. However, candidates can go to npvn.npower.gov.ng/My Profile to check their account status after registration. When the successful candidates have been shortlisted, they can go to the N-power portal www.npower.gov.ng to check their pre-selection status. The names of successful candidates will be published there and emails or SMS will be sent to them.