Old Mutual Limited is a pan-African financial institution that is into savings, insurance, banking, and investment services. It is a financial group that was established in Cape Town, South Africa, as the first mutual life insurance company in 1845, which provides financial security in uneasy times. Over the years, it has grown to become one of the best financial service groups with great services that proffer solutions to people’s financial needs in a stress-free manner. We are looking at the excellent services and how to use the old mutual self-service login portal to access them.
The Old Mutual Self Service Portal
In a bid to improve on the customer service experience, and boost customer confidence in interacting with the company and accessing various services of Old Mutual right in the comfort of their homes, a self-service portal was created and has been a sweet experience, going by reviews from users.
How To Login To The Old Mutual Self Service Portal
Logging in to the self-service portal of Old Mutual has been made so easy for anyone to do and the steps in doing this are straightforward. To login to the self-service portal, you must have registered on the site and had an online profile, by this, you already have a username/number and password which had been created during the registration phase. If you haven’t registered, you can register here. Take the following steps to login in a matter of minutes.
- Launch the website https://www.oldmutual.co.za from your laptop computer or smartphone
- At the top right-hand corner, click on Login, and a list of menu dropdowns appear
- Contained in the dropdown list are the services rendered by Old mutual, select a service from the list, such as MyOldMutual
- Once it is clicked, another page opens where you can input your Username/user number, enter your username and password to the provided spaces and click on the login button
Voila! You are logged in straight away to carry out your operation. It’s that simple.
If you forgot your password or username, logging in may be a little challenging, but be rest assured that there is a solution for that. For your forgotten password, you can always find a link below the login button tagged “forgot your username/number?”, by clicking on this link, you will be redirected to another page on the website, where you will be able to retrieve your username by following the instructions on the page. Or you can click here. This can as well be done for forgotten passwords. You can also click here to get back your password or change to a new password.
Having cleared the air on how to log in to the self-service portal and the issue of forgotten username and password, it is time to elaborate on the different services that can be accessed on the portal.
What Can I Do On The Old Mutual Self-service Portal?
As pointed out earlier, several services can be accessed on the self-service portal. The following solutions are offered on the desktop and mobile platforms;
- Make a withdrawal
- View your Old mutual products and policies
- Submit a funeral claim: The funeral claim is the money you request from your Easiplus Funeral Plan when you lose your loved ones, to take care of expenses for the funeral and family
- Retrieve your policy documents and tax certificates
- Check your retirement fund benefits and track your claim status, view your benefit statement, and access member educational content
- View old mutual rewards: Good financial behavior comes with rewards, which is in points
- Apply for old mutual products like savings, investments, personal, education plans, funerals, health insurance, and short-term insurance
Other Old Mutual Self Services: USSD
Apart from the self-service portal, Old Mutual has other self-service platforms which they have launched for fast, more convenient, and secure transactions by customers.
One of them is the USSD shortcode. The USSD channel is generated to assist customers in accessing Old mutual Services on the go. To get started on the USSD channel, dial *120*OMSA# or *120*6672#.
The USSD code is beneficial to use for the following reasons;
- It’s free. In using the USSD, you won’t have to spend on airtime or data cost if you are using MTN, Vodacom, Telkom, and Cell C networks.
- It is flexible, as you don’t need a smartphone to access services via the USSD channel. A feature phone can do this for you.
- The services on the USSD channel can be accessed easily at any time of the day. Yes, it is that simple.
Can I Access My Old Mutual Policy Via USSD?
Some services can be accessed through the Old mutual USSD shortcode. These services include the following;
- Submit a funeral claim
- View Old mutual Rewards
- Make a withdrawal
- Apply for savings and investment products, and also retirement annuity
Products That Can Be Applied For Via USSD
- Save and Invest: Flexible plans and Tax-Free Savings Plans
- Retirement: Optimal Retirement Annuity plan from R350 monthly
- Funeral Cover: Care plan, Standard plan, EasiPlus, and Comprehensive Plan
- Personal Cover: Disability Cover, Life Cover, and Illness Cover
- Health Insurance: Old Mutual Gap Cover and Illness Insurance
- Short-term Insurance: Allsure and Prosure, Motorsure
Self Services Via Whatsapp
Old Mutual has also set up a WhatsApp medium to cater to self-service operations. Using this medium is simple.
- Save 0860933333 to your phone book contact
- Open Whatsapp on your phone and locate the Old Mutual contact which you saved earlier, then send “Hi” as a message
- A reply will be sent to you, follow the messages on the screen and choose from the options provided
Services Offered Via Whatsapp Medium
- View your Old Mutual Products and Policy
- Make a withdrawal
- Submit a funeral claim
- View Old Mutual reward
- View Employment Retirement Savings
- Retrieve Tax Certificate
The Old Mutual App
For a sweet and rich customer experience in getting more self-service options to access Old Mutual services, mobile applications are being designed to cater to this.
The mobile application is available for instant download on Google Play Store for Android phone users, Apple App Store for iPhone users, and Huawei App Gallery.
To get this app downloaded to your device;
- Search for ‘Old Mutual’ in the search bar on your Play Store or App Store
- Once you find the Old Mutual app, click on install, and it gets installed on your mobile device.
- After installation, open the app and register for a profile or log in if you have registered before.
The following operations can be carried out with the mobile app;
- Download policy documents and tax certificates
- Check your products and policies
- Get your investments and savings, and also your Old Mutual retirement fund and insurance information viewed
- Get your cell phone number updated
- View your Old Mutual reward points and tier benefits
- Get debit order banking details and debit order date changed
- Get your Old Mutual Insure Policy information viewed, including Prosure, Allsure, and Motorsure
How Reliable Is Old Mutual?
As earlier stated, Old Mutual Limited has grown over 176 years to become a giant in the financial and mutual life insurance business, providing the needed services that cater to the financial future of the people in a safe and secure form. Old Mutual is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, as well as Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia Stock Markets. It was also demutualized and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
With R109,877 million in revenue, R9,963 million operating income, and R1.04 trillion AUM in 2018, your financial future is guaranteed while you relax with your two eyes closed because the company is well structured and rooted financially to handle all your financial services without glitches. Old mutual limited aims at assisting customers to thrive by fostering them to attain their lifetime financial motives through the investment of their funds in ways that will build a favorable future for them and their families.
Summarily, Old Mutual has got you covered with lots of services available through the several self-service channels, for a smooth, sweet and rich customer experience.