Bob Marley’s music touched the world. He was the first superstar to emerge from the designated Third World countries selling up to 20 million records over the course of his career.
The reggae legend from Jamaica and his friends formed the Wailers band in 1963 and they soon attained extreme renown. Bob Marley would, however, die at the young age of 36 on May 11, 1981, due to cancer.
May 11 is globally recognized as Bob Marley’s Day. The day is meant to be observed by playing only the songs of the reggae maestro and showcasing the Rastafarian root culture.
In addition, you could reflect on some of his quotes and we have compiled twenty of our best Bob Marley quotes below;
- True friends are like stars; you can only recognize them when it’s dark around you.
- The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
- Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.
- Me can’t be prejudice. Me can’t me no think of life that way. Because, me figure if you prejudice, that mean you have a hate. If you have a hate inside of you, you can’t be righteous.
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
- You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.
- Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.
- Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
- Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections
- Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.
- Until the end of the world, all whys will be answered, but now, you can only ask!
- My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.
- Light up the darkness.
- We don’t have education, we have inspiration; if I was educated I would be a damn fool.
- Don’t worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh! Every little thing gonna be all right
- One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
- Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
- Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
- The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.