In August 2017, Idris Elba declared that he won’t be getting married again. This assertion broke a lot of hearts but was quite understandable given the fact that the actor has endured several failed relationships and two broken marriages. However, fast forward to 2019 and Elba is once again getting hitched. This time, to his heartthrob – Sabrina Dhowre. So, who is this amazing lady that made the actor overcome his misgivings towards marriage? We have got all the details right here including her age and other facts that are worth knowing about her.
Sabrina Dhowre Biography (Age)
Sabrina Dhowre was born on the 16th of June 1988. Some sources cite her birthplace as Montreal, Canada while others say the United States of America. One thing that is for sure is that Dhowre is of Somalian descent and thus belongs to the African-American ethnicity. When it comes to her family background, Dhowre has not disclosed many details in that regard. There is also a paucity of information with regards to her early life and educational record. The most we do know is that she studied English Literature at Howard University.
Her husband (Idris Elba) was born on the 6th of September 1972 in Hackney, London. His father, Winston, is Sierra Leonean while his mother Eve is Ghanaian. Elba spent his formative years in London and commenced his career on stage.
Sabrina Dhowre is a fast-rising model and actress. She has modeled for several fashion houses and even won the Miss Vancouver beauty pageant in 2014. During the final stages, she wowed the judges with her talent as well as her outfit, a shimmering slate grey gown with spaghetti straps and a plunging neckline. While Dhowre is busy making her mark on the fashion industry, her beau is equally making giant strides in Hollywood. On the big screen, Elba has appeared in highly acclaimed movies such as Avengers: Infinity War, The Mountain Between Us, and Molly’s Game, etc.
His movie credits also include Finding Dory, Beasts of No Nation, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Obsessed, American Gangster, and Daddy’s Little Girls. On the small screen, he has featured in TV series such as Family Affairs, Silent Witness, Law and Order, The Wire, The Office, and Luther. In Luther, Elba plays the titular role of John Luther, a brilliant but obsessive detective who develops an unusual relationship with one of his suspects. Elba received critical praise for his performance. He also won several awards including the Golden Globe, NAACP Image Award, and SAG Award for outstanding actor in a TV series.
Husband and Wedding
Sabrina Dhowre reportedly met her beau in Vancouver, Canada in 2016 while he was filming for the movie, The Mountain Between Us. The two subsequently commenced a relationship in March 2017 but kept it under the wraps in order to avoid intense media scrutiny. Dhowre, who recently joined social media, now shares pictures of her and her man together.
Sabrina Dhowre and Idris dated for about a year before they got engaged on the 10th of February 2018. The proposal was a public one as Elba popped the question during the screening of his movie, Yardie, at the Rio Cinema in London. The couple later tied the knot on the 26th of April 2019 in Marrakesh, Morocco. The ceremony featured a themed-dinner for family and friends before the actual wedding at the Ksar Char-Bagh Hotel. The couple also held a big after-party for guests at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
Facts about Idris Elba’s Wife
1. Sabrina Dhowre and her husband do not have any kids yet. However, her husband has two children from previous relationships. His first child is a daughter, Isan (b. 2002) and she is a product of his first marriage to a lady named Hanne Kim. The Luther star also has a son named Winston (b. 2014) with his former girlfriend, Naiyana Garth. Elba has disclosed that he is a doting and caring dad and always makes time to be with his kids.
2. She wore a classic, white, off-shoulder, custom made Vera Wang gown for her wedding. Her husband, on the other hand, looked dapper in a Saville Row suit.
3. Her husband is not only an actor; he is also an accomplished rapper and DJ.
4. Sabrina Dhowre is 16 years younger than her husband. She was born in 1988 while he was born in 1972
5. Dhowre has a tall curvy figure. She is 5 feet 7 inches (1.73 m) tall and weighs 54 kg (119 lb).