Self-esteem Quotes– From time to time it is just nice to go through life experiences and self-esteem struggles of success people.
The truth is that everyone battles with a low self esteem at some point. However rising up to the champ that you were made to be is what is expected. When we say champ we do not mean the popular media kind of champ, we mean being your own kind of unique champ.
So many thing in the modern time can negatively affect one’s self esteem- the pressure of looking and sounding in a certain way; the pressure of being that picture perfect personality; the pressure of being the people’s “sweetheart”; the pressure of having the perfect body shape, having that great job, squaring up to what you believe the society expects of you; and the list goes on…
Have you ever reasoned that we were not all supposed to be, think or look alike. If we all did, they would be no Bill Gates, no Dangote, no Zuckerberg, plus life would be utterly boring by now.
Take a look at a band group, or rather a great musical piece. It takes several talents before that amazing whole comes alive. There is a vocalist, there is guitarist, pianist, the drummer, there could also be a dancer.
Imagine if all the band members were all pianists, there would be no variety. The value of the piece will definitely be different from what it could have been if every talent brought its quota to the table. That’s how life should be. Everyone has something to contribute to humanity, no matter how “small” we perceive it to be.
Say you knew all these and then you confidently gave your best shot at something, may be once or repeatedly, and came out a mess.
There are two things you could do- withdraw into a dark space of worthlessness or you admit your lapses, see it as a reference point and surge on. Your self-esteem is not built on no one or two encounters, rather it is the product of accumulated experiences of believing in oneself and abilities.
So many things can bruise one’s self-esteem. It could be abuse, societal pressure/constructs, a lack or limitation in something. Whatever it is, never believe you are worth nothing. Self-esteem helps you not to fall into depression.
Self-esteem comes from within and not necessarily on what happens on the outside. It is not what people think but what you think about yourself.
These are self-esteem Quotes You Should Know And Live Out
1. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
2. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are – Malcolm S. Forbes.
3. To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. –Oscar Wilde.
4. You can’t compare an apple to an orange. It will cause a lot of self-esteem issues – Craig Sheffer.
5. If we can find forgiveness in our hearts for those who have caused us hurt and injury, we will rise to a higher level of self-esteem and well-being – James E. Faust.
6. You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it – Dr. Robert Anthony.
7. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves – Sir Edmund Hillary.
8. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness – Oprah.
9. Respect yourself if you would have others respect you – Baltasar Gracian.
10. Self-esteem is a powerful force within each of us… Self-esteem is the experience that we are appropriate to life and to the requirements of life – Nathaniel Branden.
11. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong – Peter T. Mcintyre.
12. Don’t worry so much about your self-esteem. Worry more about your character. Integrity is its own reward – Laura Schlessinger.
13. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy – Norman Vincent Peale.
14. There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity – Nathaniel Branden.
15. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think – T. Harv Eker.
16. Nothing profits more than self-esteem, grounded on what is just and right – John Milton.
17. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence – Helen Keller.
18. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude – Thomas Jefferson.
19. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-brake on – Maxwell Maltz.
20. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God – Marianne Williamson.
21. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others – Marianne Williamson.
22. You are blessed and highly favored – Les Brown.
23. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind – Bible ( 2 Timothy 1:7).