From odd jobs to the classroom and then in front of the camera, Shiri Spear has obviously proven that she loves to dabble in various things. She is a broadcaster whose first love is weather forecasting. Besides her professional accomplishments, not many are aware that the weather girl is also considered successful on the domestic front. Find out-lesser known facts about the broadcaster who passionately loves to inform and educate citizens about weather conditions.
Shiri Spear’s Age and Biography
A New England native, Shiri Spear was born sometime in 1981. There is a dearth of information regarding her parents, siblings, family background, early life, and basic education. However, it is no secret that her hometown is Hollis, New Hampshire.
For her academic records, Spear first studied meteorology at McGill University, Montreal, before topping up her profile with an additional degree in Secondary Mathematics Education from the Rivier University. The meteorologist did not end her studies there but later proceeded to bag a masters degree in Atmospheric and Environmental Science from UMass Lowell.
Shiri Spear has an interesting career history as she has worked in various fields over the years. Spear’s earliest job record was as a part-time waitress at a fast food restaurant. Thereafter, she found a new love in education and taught preschool full time for a while and later taught seventh grade. But she did not stay a teacher for long before going back to school for her master’s degree.
In the course of her broadcasting career, Spear has worked for various media outlets including Miami-based networks WTVJ and NBC6. Shiri Spear’s first job after her teaching stint was as an environmental reporter and meteorologist with the NBC affiliate network WWLP-TV22 News. She worked with the western Massachusetts based station for three years educating and informing citizens on weather conditions. Shiri later moved on to Miami to join WTVJ and had a two-year stint with the network.
It was while working at WTVJ, and anchoring the annual Hurricane specials that Shiri Spear and some of her colleagues gained critical acclaim and were nominated for two Emmy awards. The meteorologist is currently part of the FOX 25 Weather Team. She joined the network in 2012 and now hosts the FOX 25 Morning News show. It was that same year that Spear was officially certified for professional practice by the American Meteorological Society.
Who is Her Husband?
Shiri Spear has been quite discrete with details about her family. Nonetheless, it is no secret that she is happily married to her heartthrob who is simply identified as Matt. There is a dearth of information about the meteorologist and U.S Marine’s romance from the outset. More so, it is uncertain when exactly the couple tied the knot but it is common knowledge that Spear married at age 19.
The family-oriented couple has since expanded their small circle as their union has produced two daughters Gabrielle and Mia. Other than these, there is little or nothing else known about the meteorologist’s family life. Shiri and Matt who have been together for a long while have apparently found love in each other’s arms and continue to wax strong together.
Other Facts About The Meteorologist
1. Spear is an animal lover. She counts a canine pet named Lobo as part of her close family circle.
2. When she is not working, Shiri Spear unwinds through a variety of fun activities. She enjoys baking and has a special love for chocolate foods and maple syrup. Spear also loves sci-fi TV shows and counts Game of Thrones and The 100 among her all-time favourite.
3. It is uncommon knowledge that Shiri is sports-inclined and has a flair for volleyball. In fact, during her high school days, the meteorologist once captained her school’s volleyball team.
4. Shiri Spear has impressive physical features. Though she often appears taller on screen, the blonde-haired meteorologist stands at an average height of 5 feet 6 inches, complemented by the weight of about 60 kg.
5. If Spear wasn’t a meteorologist, she would perhaps still have been a teacher or pursued a career in volcanology.
6. Shiri Spear has an active social media life. Our investigations reveal that she has a strong fanbase on popular social networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
7. Spear is a philanthropist. Among other social welfare services she has provided in the past, the meteorologist donated her peripheral blood stem cells to an anonymous lymphoma cancer patient in 2011.
8. Shiri Spear has at various times earned a living from different ventures. While her exact salary is unknown, Spear’s estimated net worth is pegged at $1 million.