We thought we might help you out with your vocabulary, So we will take you through some of the showcase synonyms and the meanings you prabably didn’t know.
First and foremost, when you hear showcase, the nearest image you have is an exhibition. The word showcase is a compound word consisting of 2 words, “show” and “case”. Both words takes your mind to a visual imagery.
Together as a word, the “visual” essence is stressed even more especially when used as a noun.
Showcase depending on the usage is either a verb or a noun.
So our showcase synonyms will come in 2 categories- as a noun and as a doing word.
Did you know that there are about 381 showcase synonyms that you can use?
Showcase Synonyms as nouns
1. Assay– A sort of test or evaluation
Example: An assay of the mattresses showed signs of mutilation
2. Experiment/Experimentation– A trial; Practical investigation
Example: The experiment has been scheduled for next week.
3. Analysis– Cautious inspection
Example: The records will go through another round of analysis.
4. Experience– An occurrence; an event
Example: It was an unforgettable experience at the park yesterday.
5. Disport- A form of performance or entertainment
Example: The disports were not enough to distract his thoughts.
6. Lick– The coating or covering of a surface
Example: The artist chose a perfect lick of paint for the work.
7. Shakedown– A test or thorough search
Example: The office shakedown took a toll on his nerves.
8. Probation– Under supervision
Example: The probation period will elapse after a couple of weeks.
9. Phenomenon– Remarkable case or occurrence
Example: Darwin’s evolution theory is still a controversial phenomenon.
10. Show Window– an outside display window in a store from which products are shown; a setting used to illustrate something
Example: Sarah’s eyes were completely glued to the show window.
11. Vitrine- A glass cabinet (Showcase) used for displaying fine wares or specimens
Example: The old vases have been removed from the vitrine
12. Struggle– When referring to a test or competition, it serves as a synonym for showcase.
Example: “It was a good struggle” can also mean, “It was a good showcase.”
13. Undertaking– A task; enterprise; project
Example: It was indeed a fruitful undertaking.
14 Exposition– A presentation, exhibition, demonstration
Example: Tony’s exposition was worth the time and resources
15. Hassle– Striving (Used in the same light as struggle)
Example: The hassles will make you stronger
16. Trial– A test; try-out; experiment.
Example: He left for the trial with his boots.
17. Research & Development
19. Fling– An expedition (Usually Romantic)
Example: It appears it was just a fling after all
20. Audition– A presentation
Example: I opted to boycott the audition.
Showcase Synonyms as verbs- words that are concerned with viewing effects.
1. Broadcast– To show and share a piece of information
Example: Harry vowed to broadcast the scandalous affair today.
2. Flaunt– To display for the purpose of getting attention
Example: Flaunt it if you can’t fix it.
3. Disclose– To reveal or show something
Example: They chose to die than disclose their accomplices.
4. Brandish– To wave or flourish something,usually a weapon, as a threat or in anger or excitement.
Example: Fear engulfed the crowd when he brandished the machete
5. Model– To display clothes by wearing them
Example: The mannequins were used to model the collections
6. Impart– To present and spread knowledge/information
Example: Imparting Knowledge is his specialty.
7. Stage– To organize or participate in a performance or public event
Example: They surprisingly staged an interesting dance drama.
8. Substantiate– To provide evidence to support or prove the truth
Example: There was no proof to substantiate his claims.
9. Voice– To express oneself by speaking
Example: No one dared to voice the truth.
10. Evince– To indicate or show the presence of something, fact or a feeling
Example: The movie evinced sad emotions in everyone.
11. Flourish– To wave something strategically in order to get attention
Example: Dave was proud to flourish his nation’s flag
12. Ostend– To set forth, demonstrate or teach
Example: He ostended the story with the puppet show
13. Divulge– To make public a private and sensitive information
Example: The mystic also failed to divulge the secret.
14. Stab– The act of piercing a surface with a pointed weapon
Exercise: It was sickening to see her stab the dog
15. Perform– To accomplish a task Or present a theatrical activity
Example: Effective rehearsals helps actors perform better
16. Promulgate– To promote or make something widely known
Example: The law was promulgated in the year 1804
17. Grandstand– To strut, show off or parade something
Example: Her grandstand ended with a fall on the runway
18. Glaze– overlay or cover (food, fabric, etc.) with a smooth, shiny coating or finish.
Example: The surface was stylishly glazed with an oil paint.
19. Vamp– To fix or remodel something
Example: The government is off to re-vamping the educational sector.
20. Sheath– A case for a knife, blade or sword
Example: Sheath your sword