You must have heard of this very popular saying: “What you think, you become” There is no doubt that we are moulded by what we think about. Look at it from this viewpoint; what our eyes, ears and other senses perceive, our thoughts process and the aftermath of what our minds have processed constitute our reaction which is an indispensable determinant of who we are. These powerful quotes and statements are bound to bring a fresh perspective to your reasoning. Only take a few minutes to read through and you may just stumble upon quotes that will transform your life.
Here are 53 Quotes and Statements That Will Change The Way You Think Forever
1. Irrespective of the number of mistakes you make or how slowly you have made progress, you are still very much ahead of everyone else who isn’t trying.
2. Whenever you have to start compromising yourself and your morals because of the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
3. It is sometimes necessary that you distance yourself in order to see things clearly.
4. Love, cherish and appreciate your parents as often as possible. We are often very busy growing up that we forget they are also growing old.
5. It is common for people not to notice the things others do for them until they stop doing them.
6. If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past. If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.
7. Things turn out best for people who make the best out-of-the-way things turn out.
8. Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t know.
9. True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.
10. Don’t listen to what people say, watch what they do.
11. Anyone can come into your life and say how much they love you, but it takes someone really special to stay in your life and show how much they love you.
12. Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
13. When someone tells you, “You’ve changed,” it might simply be because you’ve stopped living your life their way.
14. Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.
15. Be happy, be yourself. If others don’t like it, then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.
16. When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.
17. Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems; look for someone who will face them with you.
18. If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.
19. No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
20. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
21. Many people are so poor because the only thing they have is money.
22. Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you to appreciate the things you once had.
23. When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
24. You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
25. It’s better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder.
26. There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.
27. Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.
28. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
29. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about.
30. Choose a career you love and you will never work a day in your life.
31. You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
32. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
33. Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
34. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
35. Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world.
36. Saying someone is ugly doesn’t make you any prettier.
37. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
38. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
39. As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
40. Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.
40. Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and move on.
41. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Mother Teresa, Albert Einstein, etc…
42. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
43. Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world; choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
44. Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.
45. While you’re busy looking for the perfect person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy.
46. Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
47. You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.
48. In life, if you don’t risk anything, you risk everything.
49. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.
50. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
51. There isn’t anything noble about being superior to another person. True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
52. Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
53. You will never become who you want to be if you keep blaming everyone else for who you are now.
Were you increased by any of the statements above, feel free to pick any statement(s) that really touched you tell us how it affected you. You can equally tell us the ones we missed.