You must have heard that the eyes of an ostrich is bigger than its brain. You may also be aware that 7% of the wars in history were triggered by religion. All these are salient facts of life, however, there are some facts that are considered rather strange. For instance, the human body consists of 0.2 milligram of gold, and it is found in the blood. I doubt you knew that before now. This article contains 100 strangest random facts of life that will dazzle you. They encompass facts about animals, places, events, habits and other areas of life. Check them out:
1. A reservoir of water, 3 times the volume of all the oceans is located deep beneath the Earth’s surface.
2. Africa is the only continent that is in all four hemispheres and the only to have land on the prime meridian and the equator.
3. Cats can get addicted to tuna and refuse to eat anything else.
4. Just like human fingerprints, the stripes on each tiger are unique.
5. Malaria is responsible for the death of about half of all people who ever lived.
6. Swedish blood donors not only receive a ‘Thank you’ text when they initially give blood, they also receive a text when their blood is used to help someone.
7. Magellanic penguins always return to their same mate after solo journeys, sometimes of about 200,000 miles.
8. Candle flames contain millions of tiny diamond particles.
9. Three days after someone dies, the enzymes that usually digest ingested meals begins to eat the body up.
10. The wood frog and other animals have the ability to freeze solid during winter.
11. The man who was most responsible for the Genocide in Rwanda was sentenced to only 35 years imprisonment.
12. Barack Obama was the first sitting U.S. president to visit a federal prison.
13. Business mogul and billionaire, Warren Buffett, made 99% of his wealth after he turned 50.
14. The 3 tallest statues in the world are of Buddha.
15. According to a study, there are 12 types of rainbows according to a study.
16. The world’s oldest yacht club is the Royal Cork Yacht Club. It was opened in Ireland in 1720.
17. In rich countries, obesity is more common among the less educated, but in poor countries, obesity is more common among the highly educated.
18. According to a study, up to 50% of the world’s natural history specimens in museums are labeled incorrectly.
19. North Korea and Cuba are the only countries in the world that are not allowed to sell Coca-Cola officially.
20. 1 out of every 8 person who are HIV positive do not know their status.
21. A second is called a second because it is the second division of the hour by 60, the first being a minute.
22. In the U.S, more than 1.2 million people have HIV.
23. Late singer David Bowie was once caught naked in bed with his mother.
24. Two and a half time more Barbies are sold every year than babies are born in the U.S.
25. The most risky job in America is that of a President: over 9% of them were killed in office.
26. In 2013, a survey found out that 74% of young Indians prefer an arranged marriage over a free-choice one.
27. Only about 1 in 100 marriages in India end in divorce, one of the lowest rates in the world.
28. Female kangaroos have three vaginas.
29. Mice and Human DNA are 97.5% similar.
30. Besides sucking human blood, mosquitoes urinate on our skin too.
31. The number of H2O molecules in 10 drops of water are equal to the number of all the stars in the universe.
32. Only 5% of dogs experience dental decay, compared with 90% of children.
33. Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavioral patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
34. Each tree can absorb 4.8 pounds of CO2. In a year, an acre of trees absorbs equal the amount of CO2 produced by driving a car 26,000 miles.
35. NASA scientists have discovered stars that are cool enough to touch.
36. The world’s population produces an estimate of 1,043,000 tonnes of poop per day.
37. When the Queen of England dies, no comedy programming on BBC will be aired for 12 days.
38. In Korea and Japan, there is a Cat Cafe where people can go to drink coffee and hang out with cats.
39. Mickey Mouse is set to become public domain on January 1, 2024.
40. The most successful Pirate Captain was a Chinese prostitute, she had 80,000 sailors working for her.
41. A 13-year old boy in Florida was once arrested for excessive farting in school.
42. Women in ancient Rome wore the sweat of Gladiators to improve their beauty and complexion.
43. There’s a hotel in Bolivia made almost entirely of salt. It has beds and chairs made of salt.
44. Male bees die after having sex.
46. The Incas’ time was measured based on how long it took to boil a potato.
47. An average person who eats meat would have eaten about 7,000 animals in their lifetime.
48. A kangaroo can’t jump unless its tail is touching the ground.
49. It takes about 50 glasses of water to grow enough oranges to make one glass of orange juice.
50. Titanic II will be a close replica of the original Titanic, and is set to sail in 2018.
51. Issac Newton, the great physicist who discovered gravity, died as a virgin.
52. Hippopotamus’ milk is edible and the colour is pink.
53. In Belarus, it is illegal to applaud in public.
54. In Austria, there’s a town called “FUCKING.”
55. Before the invention of erasers, bread was used to remove pencil marks.
56. Only about 1 in every 10,000 people have “perfect pitch”, the ability to identify a musical note just by hearing it, with no reference note.
57. Female mosquitoes are cannibals; they drink blood. Males are vegetarians.
58. Rats laugh when tickled.
59. Philophobia is the fear of falling in love.
60. Sheep can recognize each other in pictures.
61. In Bolivia, there is a festival called “Tinku.” People beat each other for 2 or 3 days straight as part of the celebration ritual.
62. In 1850, American slaves were worth US$1.3 billion, one-fifth of the nation’s wealth.
63. Only about 15% of the Sahara Desert is covered in sand.
64. Egyptian Pyramid workers were paid with beer: 1 gallon (4L) per day.
65. Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the world without a river.
66. Peanut Butter was invented as a source of protein for people who had no teeth.
67. Africa has the most variation of spoken languages in the world.
68. A man named Robert Lane named his two sons “Winner” and “Loser.” Winner grew up to be a criminal, while Loser became a detective.
69. The Philippines accounts for 43% of the world’s gin consumption.
70. Scientists estimate that the moon’s width has shrunk by about 600 feet (182 meters) since its formation.
71. India has more people using the internet than the entire population of the U.S.
72. Some chickens are half male, half female.
73. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
74. Unlike other continents, Africa embraces polygamy as much as it opposes homosexuality.
75. Goldfishes can’t close their eyes because they have no eyelids.
76. When the South African “Elephant Whisperer” Lawrence Anthony died, a herd of elephants arrived at his house to mourn him.
77. Bananas are slightly radioactive.
78. Wedding rings are placed on the left ring finger because in ancient times people used to believe it was the only finger that had veins linked to the heart.
79. A blue whale’s heart can be as large as a car.
80. Elephants carry pregnant for as long as 2 years.
81. Eating a human body would give about 81,500 calories.
82. 75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
83. In 1945, a rooster named Mike, lived 18 months without a head.
84. There are about 38,000 known species of spiders.
85. The longest pregnancy in humans on record is 375 days (12.5 months).
86. The last individual of a species is called an”Endling.” When it dies, it becomes extinct.
87. On Mars, sunsets are blue.
88. Netflix uses disguised warehouses and unmarked trucks for security purposes.
89. Just like humans, dolphins give each other names and will answer to it even when called by dolphins they don’t know.
90. 13 of the 20 most polluted cities in world are just in India.
91. Brad Pitt was banned from China for his role in the movie “7 Years in Tibet.”
92. According to the autopsy report of Michael Jackson, he was bald and wore wigs to hide it.
93. The winner of the 2015 French-language Scrabble World Championships doesn’t speak French.
94. It snowed in the Sahara Desert in 1979.
95. Harry Potter was born in 1980, so he’s over 36 by now.
96. The world’s smallest periodic table was carved on a strand of hair.
97. As of 2015, the largest passenger plane has seats for 615 people.
98. Popping bubble wrap makes you feel calmer and more awake, a study found.
99. In France, you can marry a dead person.
100. The used pregnancy test trip of Britney Spears was sold on eBay for $5,001.