The University of Ghana (UG) is the premier and largest University in Ghana. The public university is situated in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. It was founded as the University College of Gold Coast by the British government in 1948 as an affiliated college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded its degrees. Although it was formerly referred to as University College of the Gold Coast, the institution changed its name to the University of Ghana in 1961 upon its full university status, shortly after Ghana (former Gold Coast) gained its independence. Since then, students who wish to enroll at the University of Ghana can do so via their admission portal.
The institution offers various educational programs such as Arts, Social Sciences, Basic Sciences, Law, Medicine, Technology, and Vocational courses. Since its establishment, the institution has improved greatly and aligned itself with the purpose for which it was established. The aim was to provide for and promote university education, learning, and research. The University of Ghana offers admission in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, International, and Distance Education.
What Is The University Of Ghana Admission Portal Used For?
To gain access to the prestigious University of Ghana is quite simple. An admission portal has been provided to serve as an access point to a variety of information about the institution. On the admission portal, applicants can monitor their admission or make a fresh application.
Generally, the admission portal functions as an admission management tool for current students and prospective students who need to check and keep track of their admission status whenever and wherever. The admission portal thereby brings about ease and an increase in online transactions in the education sector with just a click of a button. With the link, https://admission.ug.edu.gh, students across the globe can get quick access to the school admission portal.
The admission portal contains the procedures to log in to the University of Ghana admission platform. On the portal, applicants are welcomed and informed about the various programs the institution offers. There is handy and helpful information for applicants on the overview of the school, general and specific entry requirements to various programs, admission deadlines, cut-off marks, available programs, mode of application, guidelines, general information, and a help desk where applicants and can send in enquires.
What You Can Do On The University Of Ghana Admission Portal
You can check the following on the University of Ghana admission portal:
- The school contact
- Graduate and Postgraduate admissions
- General entry requirements
- Application process
- Available programs
- Admission status
- Admission schedule
- Admission deadlines
- Schedule of fees
- Download of handbook
- Academic calendar
- Help desk
Who Can Use The University Of Ghana Admission Portal?
Prospective students, first-year students, and returning students can use the University of Ghana admission portal. The portal can also be used by anyone for online application, checking admission status, admission inquiry, and printing of admission letter.
How To Get Your Password To Login To The Admission Portal
You can get your password to the admission portal by creating an account on the admission portal as a new applicant by following the steps below:
- Open your internet browser.
- Visit the University of Ghana admission portal link as indicated; thus, Ghanaian applicants are to follow the link https//apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/undergrad/login while International students or Ghanaians applying from abroad are to access the portal through https//apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/iundergrad/login
- Create an account by providing the surname, first name, email address, nationality and create the desired password.
- After creating an account, the applicant can proceed to the email address provided to verify the email address and activate the new account created.
Step By Step Procedure for Accessing the University of Ghana Admission Portal
Once the account has been activated, the applicant is directed to the homepage. Subsequently, the applicant can log on to the portal with the email address and password.
- Having logged in, the applicant will receive a short welcome message including information on entry requirements for applicants, application fee, supporting documents to be presented such as scanned passport size picture, results and other necessary documents and new scanned WAEC scratch/checker card with the card and pin number for result verification (for WAEC Applicants Only).
- For Ghanaian applicants to log on to the University of Ghana admission portal, an e-voucher serial number and PIN are required. The online e-voucher can be obtained through USSD payment or in designated banks.
- To obtain the e-voucher, the applicant’s name, phone number, and email address will be filled in the bank voucher before the applicant can be attended to. With the e-voucher, the applicant can log in on the portal to submit the application and for subsequent use of the portal, such as checking admission status.
- International students and Ghanaians applying from abroad need not purchase the e-voucher; rather, they can access the online application form to complete and submit it through the school admission portal.
- The applicant is to pay a non-refundable fee of US$110.00 to the University of Ghana bank account, after which the pay-in-slips are scanned and attached to the application form before the submission of the form, after which application form processing will begin.
- After uploading the required scanned documents, the applicant will proceed with the application process by filling the bio-data form, provide the entry information required, indicate the educational background, specify the program option, upload supporting documents, upload a passport photo, and present evidence of the payment of application fee, after which the applicant can then proceed to submit the application form.
How To Check University Of Ghana Admission List
The University of Ghana uploads the admission list online, and applicants can check their admission status through the link, https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/admissionstatus#, which will automatically redirect the applicant to the admission status checker page that only requires the serial number or the surname of the applicant. After the correct particulars have been imputed, applicants can now access the admission list, which has the names of successful applicants that have been accepted. Applicants who have been offered admission can proceed to download and print the University of Ghana admission letter.
How To Download My Admission Letter
As an admitted student, you are required to visit the university website, log in with your admission serial number and pin to download your provisional admission letter.
- Printing of Provisional Admission Letter
Admitted students are to log in to the university website with their serial number and pin to download the letter.
- Payment of Fees
Admitted students are to pay the fees specified in their admission letter to the designated university bank account and indicate on the payment slips fees, their full names, level of study, and student identification number written on the admission letter.
- Online Registration
Admitted students are to continue with their registration on the school website. Thereafter, the students will print a ‘proof of registration,’ which will be presented at the learning center.
- Registration at the Learning Centre
All fresh students are to register at their various learning centers and collect course materials on their electronic devices after presenting their Provisional Admission Letter and proof of online registration.
Students who encounter any problem whatsoever in the process of registration can send an email to [email protected]