Maturity comes with the decision appreciate and understand life as it throws in its twist and turns.
A range of things come to mind when it comes to the subject of maturity.
These are some of the quotes that can show you the different sides of maturity:
1. We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we move from the passive voice to the active voice, that is, until we stop saying ‘It got lost,’ and say ‘I lost it.’
2. Maturity is the ability to think, speak and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity. The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations.
3. Maturity does not mean age; it means sensitivity, manners and how you react.
4. Age is the acceptance of a term of years. But maturity is the glory of years.
5. Maturity – Be able to stick with a job until it is finished. Be able to bear an injustice without having to get even. Be able to carry money without spending it. Do your duty without being supervised.
6. You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.
7. Youth condemns; maturity condones.
8. Maturity is a high price to pay for growing up.
9. Age is just a number. Maturity is a choice.
10. One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.
See Also: Life Quotes: 200 Good Quotes To Live By
11. Age is relative. Experience is relative. And I think often intensity is confused with maturity.
12. Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.
13. You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.
14. Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension.
15. Maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values.
16. Age is no guarantee of maturity.
17. Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.
18. Maturity is not when we start speaking big things… but when we start understanding small things.
19. Maturity starts when the drama ends.
20. Maturity is the capacity to endure uncertainty.