WEMA bank transfer code is *945# and can be used to perform different forms of banking transactions ranging from account opening to balance inquiry and payment of bills. What’s more, *945# can equally be used for loan requests and more.
WEMA Bank USSD Code
A USSD code is a communication tool containing a combination of numbers and characters that GSM phone users leverage to dialogue with operators of mobile networks. In 2019, WEMA Bank joined other financial institutions in Nigeria to launch its own USSD code. The requests that mobile phone users can make via their USSD code ranges from customer service request to financial transaction requests, and mobile network requests. The USSD code is called Unstructured Supplementary Service Data codes or quick codes.
In the case of WEMA Bank Plc, its USSD code is *945# officially launched by the financial institution in 2019. The aim of launching the code was to assist WEMA bank customers to enjoy fast, easy, convenient, reliable, and secure transactions on their mobile devices.
With *945#, customers of WEMA Bank need not go to the banking halls to complete transactions anymore, nor do they need to visit the nearest POS outlet. What’s more, transactions using *945# do not even require the user to have internet services on his or her phone. From the comfort of their homes and offices, the bank’s customers can carry out their daily banking transactions seamlessly.
*945# is not merely for funds transfer as the code can come in handy for completing several bank inquiries and services in WEMA Bank.
Things To Note About WEMA Bank USSD Code, *945#
- The USSD service is open to users of Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile
- Only account holders in Wema Bank can access the services
- Account-holders need to have active phone numbers linked to their bank account
- The USSD services are available 24/7. What this means is that the services can also be accessed at odd hours, irrespective of the day of the week
What to do with WEMA Bank USSD Code
There are a lot of transactions that can be completed via the WEMA Bank USSD code, they include
- Open a Wma Bank account
- Check to verify your WEMA Bank account number
- Account management
- State collections
- Generate PIN
- Check account balance
- Transfer funds (both in-house and interbank)
- Data and airtime top-up (you can do this for yourself and loved ones)
- Make cardless transactions
- Make subscriptions for Startimes, GOTV, DSTV, and more
- Settle electricity bills
- Receive payments from Western Union
- In the case of loss of ATM card or theft, customers of the bank can block their cards via the USSD code
- There are WEMA Bank quick loans that can be accessed via the code
- School and exam purposes
How To Register WEMA Bank USSD Code
Activating the WEMA Bank USSD code is quick and easy, just follow the under-listed steps;
- Get the mobile phone number that is linked to your WEMA Bank account and dial *945#
- The approved phone number is the one that receives your bank alerts. Customers who don’t have any mobile numbers on their account may need to visit the bank to fill out an account update form. This will be used in updating their details
- Next, follow the ensuing prompts and select the right option for USSD code activation
- You need to populate the required fields with vital info like account number, your date of birth, set your preferred PIN, and confirm your new PIN
Once the PIN is confirmed, the activation is deemed complete and you are good to go
How to Set PIN For WEMA Bank USSD Code
Click “0” to register and click “0” again; this prompts the user to select a four-digit PIN
Just follow the ensuing instructions and you are home and dry.
How To Reset WEMA Bank PIN
- Get the mobile number connected to your account and dial *945#
- Press 8 to navigate to the next page,
- To reset your PIN press 2; this can also be used for changing PIN.
List of WEMA Bank USSD Codes
Below is a full list of the WEMA Bank Codes and their functions:
WEMA Bank Account Management USSD Codes
Account management simply means everything about a customer’s bank account – this goes from account opening to balance inquiry and information update. The USSD codes to use are highlighted below:
|Type of Transaction||Approved Codes|
|Change primary account||*945*2*oldacctno*newacctno#|
|Account Registering on 945||*945*01#|
WEMA Bank USSD Codes For Airtime, Data, and Transfers
Customers of WEMA bank can recharge airtime, top-up their data, and effect funds transfer by following these codes;
|Type of Transactions||USSD Codes|
|Transfers (In-house and inter-bank)||*945*accountNo*amount#|
USSD Code For WEMA Bank Loan
With *945*100#, customers of WEMA Bank can make requests for loans.
WEMA Bank USSD Code For Cable TV
With your mobile phone, you can pay for your cable TV subscriptions; the codes to use are listed below;
|Cable TV menu||*945*10#|
|DSTV||*945*11# and *945*11*smartcardNO #|
|GOTV||*945*12# and *945*12*smartcardNO#|
WEMA Bank USSD Codes For Internet Service
USSD codes can be used in paying for subscriptions to internet services of different networks;
|Type of Transactions||USSD Codes|
|Internet service menu||*945*15#|
WEMA Bank USSD Codes For Electricity Bill
The USSD Codes for the payment of electricity bills for different cities in Nigeria are listed below;
|Type of Transaction||Code|
WEMA Bank USSD Codes For Schools and Exams
The under-listed codes are designed for students who sat for external examinations and wish to check the results;
- WAEC (result checking) *945*70# *945*70#
- JAMB (result checking) *945*71# *945*71#
WEMA Bank USSD Code For State Collections
- Lagos state collection *945*40# *945*40#
WEMA Bank USSD Codes for Cardless Transactions
You can carry out cardless transactions with these codes through different platforms;
|Type of Transactions||Codes|
|Mcash||*945*57# and *945*57*merchantcode*amount#|
|Coralpay||*945*58# and *945*000*REFno#|
Why USSD Codes Are Important
The benefits of using USSD codes are numerous;
- No need for the Internet – USSD codes don’t require users to have airtime on their phones, nor does it require an internet connection. The needed results can be produced by simply dialing the code on your phone and following the ensuing prompt. This is the key benefit of USSD codes which makes it convenient for Telecomm companies and financial institutions
- Banking transactions are made easier – USSD codes have made banking transactions a whole lot easier for users who wish to make specific inquiries and requests from the banks. With different variations of *945#, customers of WEMA Bank are now at liberty to run several financial transactions without being present in the banking halls; this makes things faster and more convenient. Now, customers constantly communicate with their banks and there is no need to go to the bank branch
Other benefits of the USSD code include;
- Customers can access the services free of charge but there are a few that may call for charges
- The services are accessible on all types of phones, button phones, iPhones, Android, and what have you
- It is the most convenient form of banking, easy to use, and very fast
- No worries about security issues as all transactions that are done via the code are end-to-end encrypted. This is far removed from accessing your bank app via public Wi-Fi and the likes.
What is *945#?
*945# is the approved USSD code for WEMA Bank PLC, it can be used for different kinds of transactions.
Who can access WEMA Bank USSD services?
The services are open to all mobile phone users including button phones, iPhones, Android, etc.
Which telecom network can be used for WEMA Bank USSD services?
Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile networks work perfectly for the WEMA Bank USSD code.
Do I need an internet connection to access the USSD services?
No internet connection is required, all you need to access the service is a functional phone.
Why should customers activate the WEMA Bank USSD code?
The activation of the USSD code is very important as it makes banking transactions faster, easier, and more convenient for the customers.